What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Went to a vegan festival thing today (despite not being vegan or vegetarian) and it was great. Met some of the members of the anti-badger cull and anti-fox hunting groups and enjoyed talking to them.  The vegans cemented my view that the majority don't actually force their beliefs on people and have to let everyone know about it, I think they are like religious people, where it's easy and cheap for people to take a shot at them because they don't agree with their views. 

My younger brother bought this wee beastie today. It’s a Hyundai Veloster Sport. It’s a grin because this is the first car he’s ever bought. It’s been slightly breathed on and has a strut brace so feels pretty swift. It also has a pretty kick ass private plate with it - really happy for him (and also kinda jealous!)

e2ab871dd3391e297ac48dfe9e999ebe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my wife and her friend have gone camping in one of those Bongo camper vans this weekend

they have just got back and she has explained how the oil light kept flashing so they stopped to give it a rest ...

then it made noises so they had to find out how to put oil in ,,, and it got back

glad its not my camper !

took out insurance for the bike wayy early (like not the day before it was due like normal) :D

it ran out and new policy kicked in - got a letter off them - can you contact us we've been trying to contact you (nope no emails or phone calls)

rang them thinking it would be about ncd id been waiting for

'no we dont have anything here that says you need to ring us'

wtf - random letter explosion or summat

odd

the old git had had 108 for a week and half

'its eating petrol'

gauge has two dimps left from 6

how much did you put in it

a tenner

literally 2 miles here 2 miles there 3 miles here 3 miles there - she *might do 25 miles a week

its doing 44.5 mpg :D - the c4 was only doing 52/54 ish

thats not too bad - 35 litre tank 

roll on october - gonna frighten it on the motorway :D

7 hours ago, MikeR said:

my wife and her friend have gone camping in one of those Bongo camper vans this weekend

they have just got back and she has explained how the oil light kept flashing so they stopped to give it a rest ...

then it made noises so they had to find out how to put oil in ,,, and it got back

glad its not my camper !

it gets better ... my wife bought some A/f and topped up the coolant ....

was it pink or blue I said

I dont know , it just said antifreeze on the bottle ....

just use water in future !

Back from an excellent fortnight in France. Lots of quality car stuff photographed, usual thread to be updated in due course. This LP purchased at a boot sale for a Euro, just for the photo:

IMG_9219.thumb.JPG.448b88b7966027552f826d37a061ff1b.JPG

I don't know why they're standing in a scrapyard, but I'm glad they are. I think it's a 1969 release, some of those cars look like they've led a hard life but I'm guessing it was taken in Paris?

Family joined me in the shed for a listen to it this evening, but fairly soon drifted away. Very French, but nowhere near enough accordion in my opinion.

My current favourite programme on te telly is: 'Last of the summer wine' tonights episode spent a lot of time in a scrapyard, loads of our sort of cars - Sierras, Mk1 Fiestas, Caveliers, and it was the good sort of scrappy where you could actually go in and pinch stuff yourself!