What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

18 hours ago, loserone said:

Have you drunk enough yet? I have no doubt it will be an expensive, ungratful son of a bitch, but if you don't it will always be the one you regret not buying.

I've not drunk enough yet, but tonight is Friday. That means more beer than usual so seller may yet get a cheeky offer from me.

One of the pub regulars is a welder, don't really know him, might have to buy him a pint tonight....

In May 2018 i quit my RAC patrol job.

After seventeen years and 750,000 miles of ploding up and down the motorways of north Kent it had became a stressful and a sometimes dangerous way to earn a living.

So after fifteen months of ''resting'' and not wanting to continue in the motor trade and not actively looking for work i sent my cv off for a job i have no written qualifications for and bugger me sideways i got the job.

It's field based so i get a nice new kitted out Mercedes Sprinter to drive around southern England,down side i got a few weeks of training in Wakefield to enjoy first.

It also means i don't need to keep the Daihatsu YRV turbo as my commute car which will free up some cash for a scruffy Nissan Stagea i've spied locally.

40 minutes ago, Joey spud said:

In May 2018 i quit my RAC patrol job.

After seventeen years and 750,000 miles of ploding up and down the motorways of north Kent it had became a stressful and a sometimes dangerous way to earn a living.

So after fifteen months of ''resting'' and not wanting to continue in the motor trade and not actively looking for work i sent my cv off for a job i have no written qualifications for and bugger me sideways i got the job.

It's field based so i get a nice new kitted out Mercedes Sprinter to drive around southern England,down side i got a few weeks of training in Wakefield to enjoy first.

It also means i don't need to keep the Daihatsu YRV turbo as my commute car which will free up some cash for scruffy Nissan Stagea i've spied locally.

Sounds like an all-round result to me, well done - as long as you actually wanted the job, obs.

14 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Sounds like an all-round result to me, well done - as long as you actually wanted the job, obs.

Originally i was going to settle for a simple van delivery sort of job like a Tesco or a parts supplier gig but i kept thinking i am a light vehicle tech with C+G certificates am i selling myself short,although after gaining this qualification in the mid eighties how relevent it is in 2019 is debatable but shirley i can do something to match my skills.

So yes i really wanted this job but didn't think at my age they would invest time and money training me to the standard required.

But wtf do i know maybe maturity and life skills  trump still being a bit wet behind the ears.

Mrs J  & I are planning to escape this island for a short while in October. Dug out our EHIC's this morning - expiry 25th Sep FFS. Grin is it only took about 5 minutes to order new ones FOC and they should be here in 10 days! Wouldn't have fancied shelling out if they'd only last a month instead of 5 years.

I'm grinning because I didn't pay to watch it, had I paid I wouldn't be grinning

Since Roger Moore stopped playing James Bond there has been a gap in the utter bollocks film category

Well NO LONGER, that void has not only been filled it's overflowing out of the bowl and covering the bathroom in shit

I give you Fast And Furious Hobbs and Shaw, a steaming turd of a movie

hobbs-and-shaw-poster.jpg

Sitting in the China Southern business lounge at Guangzhou airport. Drinking Glenfiddich - not that unusual anywhere in the world, but washed down with Badoit, Heaven.

Would try posting a pic but chinese internet.... won’t allow google searching but apparently AS is not an insurrection ist movement here yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, paulplom said:

Ferry trip to South Shields this morning. I spotted this. I didn't know vauxhall made a testarossa.
The dog's growing up fast as well.c3e13ea4818e56330e5812c0c3701f76.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Showing my age but I like that. Would have cost someone a pretty penny when built.