What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 7/27/2019 at 12:07 PM, beko1987 said:

I didn't laugh much

IMG_20190727_111000.thumb.jpg.c6f703ade3647990ac8f982e841cfa21.jpg

Neither did the aa guy and the other people standing around as I walked past... 

Saw something very similar in Loughborough a couple of years ago and actually saw it happen. Chap was reversing an Astra van with a load of full lock. Plenty of space for the fixed cast iron bollard to squeeze past the flexible plastic air-dam/bumper, but once it hit the suspension, the car stopped dead and everything popped back instantly into place, there was no easy way to move it again without much disassembly taking place.

Another barefoot grin.

I have just spent a very pleasant lunchtime in the public house with an elderly chap who regaled me of the time he ran out of fuel in his Morry Thou van on the M1 Southbound, after J26, but just short of Trowell services. Undeterred, he attempted to push it to Trowell, but encountered an unexpected uphill stretch. Searching in the back, he found a galleon of paraffin which he cheerfully poured into the tank. Unsurprisingly, the car was reluctant to start, but with some encouragement and with the use of full choke, it eventually fired up, "obliterating the motorway in clouds of white smoke". Careful use of the clutch, "it was like trying to pull away in top" and maintained full choke, saw the Minor splutter its way down to the services where it was re-filled with three star. 
When restarting, the carb & fuel lines were obviously still full of paraffin, and similar clouds of smoke provided much entertainment in the service station until John, in no uncertain terms was asked to leave as soon as it was possible!

Try that with a modern Mercedes, oh, they did a few years ago when I was accompanying someone having an argument at a Mercedes main dealer. Someone accidentally emptied a can of paraffin into the tank of a new Mercedes and tried to start it. It didn't start, but there were a lot of headless chickens running about in the workshop. It had been pushed onto a lift by the time we left. Note to main dealer designers, do not have a window into the workshop so that people can view your mistakes (and keep the door shut to the showroom, your mechanics may not be used to the language that some of the customers use)

Thanks for the congratulations folks - we had an absolute blast! 2CVs were a major influence, the cakes, the guest book, the wedding transport... and the table names: Charleston, Dolly, Sahara, Beachcomber and Bamboo!! 

Today we celebrated by going to a tractor show and pushing some fellow 2CVers out of a muddy field! Romance at its finest!!! 

Someone should call the child protection team from the local council.

FORCED to Join a Cult at an early age.

Forced into wearing of cult uniforms, and attend cult events.

Taught extremist right wing views

Made to look happy, probably tortured into it. 

Poor Sod.

I've just been looking at the news & I spotted a matching pair of reece-moggs!
How fucking cool is that? I wish my lad Bernard, wanted to be a mini me.
0_mogg-use.jpg.e803be16eec939d1f092c17442792a47.jpg
And obvs apologies if it's too politic.
His Nanny will have dressed him, and the lad too...

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk