What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

My phone has been making a weird notification noise since Saturday morning. It seemed totally random at first with no icons, messages or anything. It was annoying the crap out of me. I've turned things off, on, sideways... everything and still this noise persists. Tonight I thought I'd give it my full attention.

I found that when I put the phone down and then pick it up again that it makes this noise without fail, every time. What could it be?!?

Well, a short Google found that it is in fact an app called NFC which allows your phone to pay by touch and one which I use daily. This NFC has detected my debit card in the phone case and is trying to transact with it- apparently. What did I do Saturday morning? Change my phone case!

19 hours ago, Floatylight said:

What a bunch of c*nts, looks to me like sham self employment and potential age discrimination, need a licence for over 9 years ffs!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I urge everyone to Google IR35 to understand the rules around disguised employment.  

There is no way this is not a paye job, unless you use your own car, in which case the cost of insurance and petrol would make the 30 quid into 15 to 20 quid, which suggests 4 quid an hour is possible.  

14 hours ago, New POD said:

I urge everyone to Google IR35 to understand the rules around disguised employment.  

There is no way this is not a paye job, unless you use your own car, in which case the cost of insurance and petrol would make the 30 quid into 15 to 20 quid, which suggests 4 quid an hour is possible.  

^^^^^ using their van and fuel - thats not self employment - thats employed by them

i had that - a looooooong time ago i started a job in a paper mill that stated 8am start

fine

but on the first day they said right tomrrow can you come in at 6.30 to start to load tha truck

i will be getting paid for this?

erm.....erm..........

found out they only paid from 8am and the extra was expected and no mention of overtime or anything nor was it mentioned in the ad

i lasted only that day and they were shopped to DWP - daft thing was it was thru an agency thru the job centre ?

12 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

It's now official.  We are adopting this fluffy idiot on Sunday.

IMG_20190716_153132.thumb.jpg.bfdcda6fdba16b9d74e1fb92cfe3dfcc.jpg

IMG_20190716_161720.thumb.jpg.9584d0d102eb97b19845639f3315ae79.jpg

Going to make the next couple of months hard work while she settles in (and being a rescue, there will be behavioural issues that need to be addressed), but we're very much looking forward to it.

That is a stunning dog, those eyes are wonderful.