What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

At the scrap yard today when I was leaving there was a guy parked next to me loading bits into the back of a Disco, as I was about to pull away he leaned over the sunroof and asked if I wanted some hand cleaner as my hands were covered in nice thick diesel grime. Had a nice chat about land rovers, Peugeots, Volvos and big diesel engines. Even better, the hand cleaner worked better than anything I've used before, really wish I'd actually looked at the label!

15 minutes ago, Joey spud said:

FB_IMG_1562537849887.thumb.jpg.8851131700f76a65cea57a7c4d6f5c0c.jpg

Apparently this is what happens when you stick 5 litres of screen wash in the wrong hole on your bini.

if that happens is it game over for the engine? Is there anything that can be done to de-mayo it or its it terminal? I mean it does look terminal...

1 hour ago, Joey spud said:

I don't think i would knowingly buy a car that has been run on an oil / screen wash lubricant.

But how would you know if they cleaned it out and it ran ok

When my mechanic changed the engine in a XK8 it turned into a much bigger job than I'd anticipated so to save a few quid I gave him some coolant I had in the shed

He'd poured most of it in before giving me a call, where did you get this coolant , it smells really fruity

It was at that moment the lightbulb moment arrived and I remembered I'd made some space in the shed by emptying the remains of a 10L screenwash into an empty coolant bottle , oops 

He ran the hose through it for 20 minutes and it suffered no ill effects in the 4 years I owned it luckily

I'd think that engine has been shagged by the dick of doom 

Shark vacuum cleaner customer services

Got one from Costco 3.5 years ago , motor burnt out, still running but stinks 

Rang customer services who asked some questions , got me to check a few things as per the script then deduced it was knackered , they asked for the date from the back of it , then said ok well send you a new motor unit

This was at 6pm friday 

The new part arrived at 5pm today, saturday 

Top customer service 

On 7/13/2019 at 11:05 AM, myglaren said:

Buying a fairly expensive camera from Amazon, plus a couple of other odds & ends.

Original delivery was five weeks away but has been revised twice and should now be next Thursday.

It is a present for my eldest son, he never gets any presents :(

Just had a couple of texts from the bank to confirm the transactions, checking for fraud, obviously.

Pleased that they are vigilant :)

Had an email from Amazon that the card was declined (by the bank).

Re-entered it and it was accepted.

Email to say delivery would be tomorrow - not good as I have a doctor's appointment.

Email just now, it will be here today. :)

19 hours ago, Joey spud said:

I don't think i would knowingly buy a car that has been run on an oil / screen wash lubricant.

I guess it can be cleaned out after a lot of dicking about but it can't of done the bearing surfaces any favours.

I don't think I would knowingly buy a car that has been owned and maintained* by someone who couldn't tell the difference between a plastic tank and an engine, and who failed to comprehend what the actual picture of an oil can on the filler was referring to. I dread to think what other atrocities they've committed.

A random encounter happened earlier. The missus said she'd never seen Cheddar Gorge despite living in Bristol for a while, so I took her out in the Prelude to change that!

Going along the winding road, I kept my eye out for chod, and she pointed out an AX. I told her about Bucketeer sleeping in his during Shitefest, and we carried on, decided there wasn't much to look at in the village and started heading back.

Heading back towards the gorge and the AX was driving towards us, and it was indeed him! A quick toot at him, and he turned round and we had a quick catch up in the car park.

What are the odds? Made my day though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Didn't know whether to put this in the grin or grumpy thread

Who would want this job

Self employed so self assessment tax, accountant etc

3am start 

Driving a van delivering papers , I assume it's their van and fuel

Job and finish so 6- 6:30am 3 to 3.5 hours if no problems

And the pay,  £30 a night FFS

Screenshot_20190715-084655_Samsung Internet.jpg

Who would want this job
3am start 

353577044_Screenshot_20190715-084655_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.73597be2deb24a5604e604517fcd18d3.jpg
What a bunch of c*nts, looks to me like sham self employment and potential age discrimination, need a licence for over 9 years ffs!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Wack said:

Who would want this job

3am start 

Screenshot_20190715-084655_Samsung Internet.jpg

Retired OAPs I bet. 

On 7/14/2019 at 1:12 PM, MrDuke said:

I don't think I would knowingly buy a car that has been owned and maintained* by someone who couldn't tell the difference between a plastic tank and an engine, and who failed to comprehend what the actual picture of an oil can on the filler was referring to. I dread to think what other atrocities they've committed.

This is like the basis for the"710" joke.

My phone has been making a weird notification noise since Saturday morning. It seemed totally random at first with no icons, messages or anything. It was annoying the crap out of me. I've turned things off, on, sideways... everything and still this noise persists. Tonight I thought I'd give it my full attention.

I found that when I put the phone down and then pick it up again that it makes this noise without fail, every time. What could it be?!?

Well, a short Google found that it is in fact an app called NFC which allows your phone to pay by touch and one which I use daily. This NFC has detected my debit card in the phone case and is trying to transact with it- apparently. What did I do Saturday morning? Change my phone case!