What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

6 hours ago, Bucketeer said:

Is it law that all 2CVs have to have quaint girl's names? Are there any called Steve or Barry or whatever?

Right, the next one I buy will be a Keith or a Brian or something... 

this video is LOLs :) half inched this video from @dollywobbler facebook page (where else would you expect to find such a video!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MllA_km-mGg

(video is blocked from embedding sadly)

I think one the reasons it makes me grin is the music and the way the wipers move reminds me of this video LOL

This week has turned into quite a trying time due to a couple of unexpected events. Two things of note have helped me, one of which has been the patience and understanding shown to me by one of our number. He knows who he is and I greatly appreciate it.

The other is this torque wrench. This used to be owned by a guy called Victor who lived across the road. I'll try not to go on, but he was a brilliant chap. He'd owned, driven, crashed and rebuilt some amazing cars over his driving career. He used to regale me with tales of the cars he'd worked on in the street outside his house, the scrapes he and his friend's had got into when they were younger and the "solutions" he'd employed to keep things moving. He had so many stories, often hilarious and all fascinating. He'd forgotten more about cars than I will ever know, and was always willing and ready to offer advice or lend a hand.

Victor died almost exactly 6 years ago, quite suddenly. One of my final memories of him was seeing him stride over the road, this time with torque wrench in hand, ready to help me when I'd got stuck with something (again). I can picture him so clearly, even down to what he was wearing, almost as if he were walking across the road to help me right now. For some reason, I guess due to this strong image stamped on my memory, I had often wondered what happened to this torque wrench. I assumed a family member had taken it to use, or perhaps it was left in the boot of his car when it was sold after his death. Imagine how I felt when his wife called me over to see if I wanted some old tool, as she had no use for it. She opened the cupboard and brought this out. Stupid as it sounds, it was all I could do not to burst into tears in front of her. I did briefly explain I remember him using it, and was chuffed to have it but left it at that so as not to risk upsetting her.

Suffice to say I'm over the moon to see it again, never mind own it. I have three other torque wrenches so I don't "need" it, but none of them have anything close to the value of this one.

Norbar.JPG

mx5 track day wheels x 4

mx5 alloys x 4 (sold pending collection)

bini steelies with fecked tyres x 4 (intended for the mazda road tyres but bought a week too late) 

winter tyres x 4 (in a size that fit neither of my current cars )

I also need to fit a mountain bike in there, it’s a bit of a squeeze - still, might keep the wasps away :) 

On 6/28/2019 at 6:00 PM, Tamworthbay said:

Walking back to the CJ at Asda this afternoon when I spy an Aston convertible park up next to it. As I get closer I hear the female passenger saying how cool the CJ was and ‘I bet it doesn’t cost them £2000 for a service’. I couldn’t resist a cheeky grin as I got in.

He's with the wrong woman , I bet he's had "let's take my car it does double mpg to yours" as well

Not that those words have ever been said to me :(

8 hours ago, gm said:

mx5 track day wheels x 4

mx5 alloys x 4 (sold pending collection)

bini steelies with fecked tyres x 4 (intended for the mazda road tyres but bought a week too late) 

winter tyres x 4 (in a size that fit neither of my current cars )

I also need to fit a mountain bike in there, it’s a bit of a squeeze - still, might keep the wasps away :) 

What size are the winter tyres?

1 hour ago, rainagain said:

What size are the winter tyres?

they are zeta antarctica 5 in size 205/55/16 91h with between 6-7mm on them, I'd be looking for around £100 for them ? 

IMG_7033.thumb.JPG.773e30252243ecc15c70842f8cecdeed.JPGIMG_7034.thumb.JPG.3663b08b80d972cd9e5a64e92e0fe161.JPGIMG_7035.thumb.JPG.06a12537695120fcd48e562c8e4f28fc.JPGIMG_7036.thumb.JPG.c548849178d142e145e0c3ab46c9f4de.JPGIMG_7037.thumb.JPG.66ca5af7b3aac5c2c36b109ac709ea1f.JPGIMG_7038.thumb.JPG.6a284d66e86ba755c9484f858d50ac7e.JPGIMG_7039.thumb.JPG.40b89dec28b5b16f18ca31dda47fba69.JPG

Was next to this guy at the lights, huge fella blasting heavy metal. I’ve seen this robin a few times loaded to the gills towing an equally loaded trailer. Guy runs an architectural salvage yard, says a robin is stage perfect vehicle ! 437C1E05-A098-46A5-88EC-871586DA847D.thumb.jpeg.edd665dec9eab9cd8d8cd240aa0b416c.jpeg

The Maxi has been pretending to be a Citroen again with an unscheduled trip to the D Rally this afternoon.

IMG_1746.thumb.JPG.08029ab57e6f8511cf2bb939a98ceefd.JPG

Lots of gorgeous DSs but this was the real highlight - a RHD UK-market genuine Decapotable. A similar car sold for more than £170,000 recently!

TER140.thumb.jpg.faa6c1957b0bb89e4fe92c8032020672.jpg

This 'D-crap by Harri Crapron' is more in our price range though

BUJ386L.thumb.jpg.9f840b171d2daf2512941c801876df84.jpg

Astroturf carpets, gaffa taped seats and no roof whatsoever. Perfect*

Citroen_DS_BUJ386L_LittleHorwood_2019-07-06_3.thumb.jpg.2112ec19c46ffbddf49abe816950df4d.jpg

Mirror-image blue Safaris are pretty special too

ds.thumb.jpg.bfbfb4ce2ea2d4d6bd738963a660016b.jpg

A most pleasant afternoon out, finished off with a visit to Mrs6C and a glass of her famous cider.

I went down to Pembrokeshire to visit my sister, lots of nice stuff on the roads down there, the highlight (for me) being a Morris 8 by Whitland, not sure if there was a classic rally/show somewhere as also saw a rallied up Avenger on a trailer, a few Stags and a very nice Mk3 Capri.

Also when I had a wee stop, at Swansea services on the way back, more proof that all Vauxhalls etc. Some poor sod with a Corsa with three AA vans in attendance, not sure if they were doing anything or just commiserating.