What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Colleague at work (a pineapple apologist):

'don't buy an MX-5, you'll get bullied'. This guy likes mk2 Golfs...
Mazda turns heads everywhere it goes, and on collection day, two girls in a Polo on the M1  waved at me as I was cruising along at 65 with the roof down. Everyone loves it, and quite a few people want me to take them for a drive in it. I'm taking potential ms_ghosty out in it on Wednesday. 

Matey messaged me last night telling me he's bought an automatic T25 Transporter for a grand. I know what I'd rather for a bag, and it's not a fucking portable octagon!

Shit day yesterday with two of my bikes chasing dealers for parts and finding them out of stock, so made a list of all the places in a 60 mile radius that may have them, as I need both bikes for a trackday. Will ring around tomorrow.

Looking for some bits I know are in a box in my garage, I found a box of a dozen DVD'S,  one of which was Party Party. A great film if you are of "that age" ( I dont think millenials would understand it). Lots of famous actors in it (many just standing in the background) most of  whom weren't famous then, not much of a storyline, but a great soundtrack. Did i mention loads of old chod too.

Took me right back to the early 80's, racing around the town in Cortina's and  on 1970's rubbish Honda twins, going to parties at the houses of my mates parents who werent aware of them,  and failing to pull any birds.

25 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Shit day yesterday with two of my bikes chasing dealers for parts and finding them out of stock, so made a list of all the places in a 60 mile radius that may have them, as I need both bikes for a trackday. Will ring around tomorrow.

Looking for some bits I know are in a box in my garage, I found a box of a dozen DVD'S,  one of which was Party Party. A great film if you are of "that age" ( I dont think millenials would understand it). Lots of famous actors in it (many just standing in the background) most of  whom weren't famous then, not much of a storyline, but a great soundtrack. Did i mention loads of old chod too.

Took me right back to the early 80's, racing around the town in Cortina's and  on 1970's rubbish Honda twins, going to parties at the houses of my mates parents who werent aware of them,  and failing to pull any birds.

One of my favourite films of ever ?

I found a hoover junior motor in the shed that I've had kicking around for years. Refurbished it, put it on ebay and it sold for the buy it now of £60 in 2 hours! My dad then chucked me £20 so that's my windscreen excess covered, woohoo! 

Best make a phone call tomorrow and get it booked in

On 6/29/2019 at 7:10 PM, richardmorris said:

Just watched hubnuts twk failure with the spark plug. Did make me laugh watching DW running alongside pushing it uphill with the engine running. Sorry Ian. 

Also from the same video, a tappy tappet, is a happy tappet. Although, perhaps they were more sloppy than tappy. .25 ?

For some reason, I set them to 0.25 and 0.30 the first time. I think that's what the racers use. Then scaled them back to 0.20 inlet and 0.25 exhaust, which is what I normally use.

On 6/29/2019 at 8:41 AM, Cheggers said:

I met the gf's brother for the first time last night...Nice guy but, as it turns out, somewhat of a militant vegan who spent half the dinner telling me why my choice of food (basically chicken and cous cous) would kill me and why I wouldn't eat meat if I'd ever set foot on a factory farm. I've nothing against vegans or anyone who chooses to follow their own path, but Steve is the type who will visit busy town centres with a banner and try to convert people going about their own business.

In an effort to change the subject I went for the old male standby of "what do you drive", and it turns out he's a bit of a closet 'shiter. After the main course we head out to the car park to look at his immaculate black LWB X308 Sovereign complete with personal plate with "Love animals, don't eat them" message along the bottom...And, yes, full leather interior emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Problem is that if you buy the fabric interior, it's not wipe clean, and he wouldnt be able to remove the stains of smug self satisfaction.  Plus the dyes used to colour it are a by product of the hamburger trade. Probably