What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Walking back to the CJ at Asda this afternoon when I spy an Aston convertible park up next to it. As I get closer I hear the female passenger saying how cool the CJ was and ‘I bet it doesn’t cost them £2000 for a service’. I couldn’t resist a cheeky grin as I got in.

I met the gf's brother for the first time last night...Nice guy but, as it turns out, somewhat of a militant vegan who spent half the dinner telling me why my choice of food (basically chicken and cous cous) would kill me and why I wouldn't eat meat if I'd ever set foot on a factory farm. I've nothing against vegans or anyone who chooses to follow their own path, but Steve is the type who will visit busy town centres with a banner and try to convert people going about their own business.

In an effort to change the subject I went for the old male standby of "what do you drive", and it turns out he's a bit of a closet 'shiter. After the main course we head out to the car park to look at his immaculate black LWB X308 Sovereign complete with personal plate with "Love animals, don't eat them" message along the bottom...And, yes, full leather interior

Does it come up on my signature? 

If it does it’s not cos I put it there ! 

No it doesn't, I was meaning apple people in general.

The ones I know have to tell you they have a new one, and they cost more than my first 3 cars put together!

As for vegans, my Mrs works in a shoe shop.

They have the "I'm a vegan" clan in every so often, they buy leather shoes.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

Why do vegans have to let you know that they are ?

Much like pilots in my experience.

The vast majority don’t but it’s obviously a self selecting group that you remember. In my experience they are also the ones most likely not to worry about leather shoes, gelatine in sweets etc. There is an equivalent in any group, I bet there are people who drive old cars who tell anyone in a modern how shite they are etc etc. I wonder where we could find them? ;-)  What pisses me off about the holier than though vegan type is that they make it less likely that others will reduce their meat intake. I only eat meat one a week if that now, but fucked if I am going to be spouting off about it (suppose I sort of just did but you know what I mean). There are many good reasons for reducing meat intake, the say so of some irritating twat isn't one of them. They obviously have nothing more interesting in their lives.

Just been to the land of broken English... 

Picked up a few pics of interesting spelling. I’ll post them as I dig through my phone pics. 

C93FACE6-64B1-441C-90BA-5DC34A140769.thumb.jpeg.74f9b852d4c13379d4192e2af6785768.jpeg

Boty massage anyone?

7F742675-0B49-42E6-99DC-DAFD12B508E6.thumb.jpeg.391f2749c548b17591972294bce6254b.jpeg

Fancy department store full of nice ladies making big promises. Bet that stops once they get married...

8225F609-BE4F-44A8-9D0D-AE8D79FCE4CE.thumb.jpeg.5af0f448c46f00a996fbd9a5e512835c.jpeg

Probably something to do with last nights spicy Hong Kong hot pot. 

78D13784-A032-445B-92CC-5EAB3CD8EB56.thumb.jpeg.04c4428521f1a6ca93e8967daca17371.jpeg

Teenie Weeni? Bit rude. He can’t help having a little weenie. 

6E6E8341-2F2B-45DB-9F35-F6B23A449D7E.thumb.jpeg.98a6280f624b4ddc233afa8d7c9d74ff.jpeg

Expensive bling for your mingr. 

6 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Our postman's just been, has a fucking jumper coat and hat on... It's so hot plastic things are melting in the bloody sun today! 

On days like this my next door neighbour goes running with several pairs of sports pants, jumpers, hoodies and wooly hats on.

Just watched hubnuts twk failure with the spark plug. Did make me laugh watching DW running alongside pushing it uphill with the engine running. Sorry Ian. 

Also from the same video, a tappy tappet, is a happy tappet. Although, perhaps they were more sloppy than tappy. .25 ?