What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Then this happened
Thanks to will [mention=3994]snagglepuss[/mention]
[mention=27681]Conan[/mention] it wont fit  so you can have it

IMG_20190623_123514.thumb.jpg.9d3491b4ef243fd6c3e4653651a18c20.jpg
Glad you didn't have a strange steering wheel accident on the way back!

Got a new trainee at work this morning,now this isn't the grin as we often have a high turn  over of starters.

The grin is that when talking to him I asked what he did for his last job... He worked for Euro Car Parts,as a picker,so send me any complaints you may have and i'll get a written apology for you.

Just been for a good old hoon in the 214, well as best as I can manage with a fully laden boot containing 4 alloys, various bits of old manifold and exhaust, and a blowing flexi. Urban, country lanes, A-roads, and Jct 27->26 on the M1. Didn't miss a beat all the way round. 

It's like a slightly watered down version of the 420 power-wise, but just as much fun handling-wise - can really throw it into the corners. Had a little mini race with a Ford Puma (we were two abreast on a 50mph dual carriageway). Gave it the beans and left the Puma for dust*. At 51 mph.

Most fun I've had actually driving the 214 in my 8 months of ownership.

On 6/23/2019 at 12:05 PM, brownnova said:

Had a lovely moment on the M5 last night where a young man in a rather new Golf R seriously underestimated the acceleration skills of a 22 year old 190,000 mile Saab Turbo... B) 

It's fun isn't it.  I quite frequently cause people to have that same moment of confusion, albeit with a 26 year old Citroen with rampant clearcoat peel...

Physiotherapy 

A month ago some numpty ran into me in the car, my back has been stiff since, today had a physiotherapy session and I'm gobsmacked that 1/2 an hour of being twisted about can make such a difference , he's given me 3 exercises to do ( 1st since the 80s) which I'm definitely going to do

So if you've got a bad back get some physio 

1 minute ago, Wack said:

Physiotherapy 

A month ago some numpty ran into me in the car, my back has been stiff since, today had a physiotherapy session and I'm gobsmacked that 1/2 an hour of being twisted about can make such a difference , he's given me 3 exercises to do ( 1st since the 80s) which I'm definitely going to do

Wife, went to a chiropractor when the physiotherapist proved to be useless.  There was alot of cracking, which sorted out her fused veribrae and slipped discs.  4 trips over 6 weeks. 

It didn't sort out her shoulder, and neither did 10 further physio appointments Which actually made it worse.  She's now on the waiting list for a MRI or x-ray of shoulder. And taking naproxen.  Which barely touches the pain. 

But yes. Don't ignore your back. Look after it. 

10 minutes ago, New POD said:

She's now on the waiting list for a MRI or x-ray of shoulder

if they dont find anything there, ask for a MRI scan of the brain incase she has CP or something such that may be causing the muscles in her shoulder to play up

speaking from painful experience here!

(with me they kept focusing on my back, no one ever thought to check my brain out, supposedly I was supposed to be screened for CP when I was young due to being born at 29 weeks, but that never happened...)

I got confused/worried when I saw what you'd written but only the first photo, as I couldn't see the RX! You can achieve the same effect but in reverse if you park the RX next to a current Discovery, as I noticed last week.....
Good to see those Fords all looking so standard.

It’s funny you say that as when I left and got on the motorway I overtook a Highways Agency Discovery and thought how low down I felt...!

Yep, all pretty much standard and all looking like they were months old. Really impressive little collection, just wish I’d had time to meet the owners!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

if they dont find anything there, ask for a MRI scan of the brain incase she has CP or something such that may be causing the muscles in her shoulder to play up

speaking from painful experience here!

(with me they kept focusing on my back, no one ever thought to check my brain out, supposedly I was supposed to be screened for CP when I was young due to being born at 29 weeks, but that never happened...)

CP????? 

3 hours ago, Nyphur said:

Chiropractors are charlatans. 

Well, in my wife's case he removed all lower back pain.  So the snake oil worked. W hg at i didnt understand was why the previous psycho had failed to do anything.  Now we look back to it, she was given really strong painkillers which take weeks to become effective, and weeks to come off. So with the NHS limiting her to 5 sessions, at the last session she was "cured" of all pain, only due to the drugs starting to work. 

It took her 5 weeks to wean herself off the tablets with advise from a pharmacist, to find the pain was still there. 

4 hours ago, Wack said:

Physiotherapy 

Sorry this is the grin, not grim thread.

We should celebrate your improved fitness. 

??????????????????????????????????

I've found myself walking the dog in the morning with an elderly chap called Leon, he keeps buying old clocks...

A couple of days ago, I found out where he lived. He jumped out as I walked past and he invited me in to look at his clock collection. There are 48 clocks scattered high and low on a series of shelves all around his television. They all told exactly the same time and he dusts them using a hairdryer. Apparently a month or so ago, he had a bloke in to mend his boiler, it was eleven O clock. Every last one of them chimed and boiler bloke exclaimed. 'I couldn't live here with all that row'. To which Leon responded, 'Well you don't have to, so just do your job and bugger off!'