What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Boot sale this morning was like a new eastern European country had just joined the EU and they'd been coached in , I've never seen so many there.

Every boot had 30 people trying to get in it as soon as it was open,  they'd then offer 50% of asking whatever that was 

One guy picked something up said how much , she said £5

He said, I give you £1 like he was doing her a favour 

Her reply 

Fuck off 

Billy Connolly was right, fuck off is the universal language because he did just that, fucked off like he'd been slapped round the face 

It’s been a funny old year to say the least, some shit news, of which the cancer of my 29yr old nephew and severe illness of my nieces baby being the worst. The nipper is recovering well after a heart op a couple of weeks back and heard today that my nephew has had the all clear. Thank fuck we have our NHS.

12 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

I went to Scarborough, in Oxfam. North Face boots for £5.99? Really? 

I'm a 9 and these are a 8.5. But I'm taking them no matter what. Tried them on and they fit. 

I then spent £7 on cleaner and rewaterproofing spray. ?

Hopefully you can see before and after.

06A278E7-64C6-4B71-AEB9-199AA25C27C7.jpeg

05BBC910-8F68-4685-909B-74A60AD86A12.jpeg

FD972CA5-882C-4FF3-B129-40C875768364.jpeg

Have you seen the film dead man's shoes? :-)

watching chris goffey testing the new solara :D

all the chod in the background cos it was abroad :D

also watched an audi 80 thing from thames from 1974

80 GT 2 grand in 74 - that sounds like quite a lot

also the lady off the kansas stack maccys ad ❤️ 

Another day, another successful PPI claim.

Was a bit disappoint it wasn't four figures, but actually when I started totting up the statements, I realised their statement that 'we'll err in your favour in the absence of information' was actually very true, and generously so too.

Enough to buy something shite.

Last weekend but one I got cornered by my neighbour, whilst fettling the 214, as he couldn't start his diesel Vectra, it wasn't turning so  poss sus battery. Tried a jump pack, na-da, suggested starter motor fucked, tried a jump  off the Streetshite with good quality leads courtesy of neighbour - failed to start.  Stuck to my guns and said, starter motor. Tried seeing where it was with the aim of giving it some gentle persuasion, fuck me the engine bay is crowded (diesels pah), and said 'I'm done here, cos diesel - have you got home start'. He said what would they do, I said you'd get an accurate diagnosis and then he could work out what happens next.

Vectra then disappeared for a week - came back tonight. I was fettling the 214 again.  Neighbour said ' yup, starter motor was fucked. And the alternator too'.

Rewind two years before I returned behind the wheel and I wouldn't have known how to diagnose a fucked starter motor. Now I do. This place, etc.

Trouble is, am I now his go to man ?