What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Txt my builder friend mentioned in the grump yesterday.  My roof leak is worse, are you coming?

He turned up tonight, start date on my new roof is 1st July.

He actually offered to come earlier, but can't have scaffolding on the drive when racing's on.

May put the bill on the grump thread later.

This thing has had problems for about 30 years. Since I claimed ownership 18 months ago, I've been meaning to get it fixed.

I eventually had to take it to an Italian man in Edinburgh. Problems fixed AND sounding noticably better.

IMG_20190614_233843.jpg

IMG_20190614_233905.jpg

IMG_20190614_234007.jpg

Spent an hour or two going back in time and watching BBC 2s “The car’s the star” Quentin Wilson at his finest! 

I watched the 2CV, Reliant Robin and this one on the DS, which was my personal favourite as it featured eccentrics such as LJK Setright, and the famous philanderer Alan Clarke and his wife. 

There’s many more to watch! 

11 hours ago, davidfowler2000 said:

This thing has had problems for about 30 years. Since I claimed ownership 18 months ago, I've been meaning to get it fixed.

I eventually had to take it to an Italian man in Edinburgh. Problems fixed AND sounding noticably better.

IMG_20190614_233843.jpg

IMG_20190614_233905.jpg

IMG_20190614_234007.jpg

Is the tuner amp underneath a Beomaster?  They are amazing looking things!

3 hours ago, brownnova said:

......this one on the DS, which was my personal favourite as it featured eccentrics such as LJK Setright, and the famous philanderer Alan Clarke and his wife. 

I miss Anton Rodgers. He looked like just the kind of man who would have a DS.

His car seems to be on SORN at the moment, and DVLA thinks it's silver rather than black.

24 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

His car seems to be on SORN at the moment, and DVLA thinks it's silver rather than black.

As is the late Alan Clarke’s Decapotale... 

The Reliant one meets some  right cards!! 

Quickest car turnaround ever! Mother Fumbler lists Jazz yesterday. Within 20 minutes gets call, 3 hours later car is sold. Finds new Jazz, views it, buys it, will collect it on Friday. It's the first of the new design Jazzes (from 2015-present), and it was built in Japan. In my (not very humble) opinion, it's a heavily computerised gimmicky lump of steel but she likes it and only has to pay peanuts for tax. It is also Hi-vis yellow. Unoffensive and cheerful, but is definitely noticeable!

Meanwhile, I've found a Micra that's very local for cheap monies with MOT, 77K on the clock, and was a part exchange. HPI clear and all, will be seeing it tomorrow. Lovely metallic cherry red, therefore zero fade which is a bonus. It's all been quite exciting for all of us these last few days!

Watching 1970’s blaxploitation classic “Foxy Brown”

God damn, Pam Grier is a whole lotta woman!  Bit of Antonio Fargas and a Willie Hutch soundtrack (sounds like Curtis Mayfield, that ain’t no bad thing) this is Saturday night heaven!