What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On Friday I went to a funeral. No that's not the grin, it was my wife's Grandmother, who had made it to 98 still living in the house she had lived in since 1947 and had passed away after a very short illness , in the hospital that she was born in( St Mary's in Paddington) so not a desperately sad occaision.
Three things made me smile, the hearse and limo were both Saab 9-5 s. Far classier than the ugly glitzy Insignia and Jag outside the crematorium.
There was a massive " Remain"  bouquet in the remembrance garden, whether it was the deceased wishes or from a relative that wanted the last word- who knows. 
And a bright red Mk2 Consul, I  rember seeing it at a family function 30 years ago , it belongs to an old workmate of Mrs N's long dead Grandad , I didn't get to speak to him, but it looks as if it's 75% wob.

When my nan died we had a piper lead the cars to the church (my grandad got one because he was a Normandy veteran or something, and she joked she wanted one too)
We held the WHOLE village up for about 30 minutes and blocked a roundabout while the cars unloaded.

She'd have fucking loved it.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, STUNO said:

I needed two ink cartridges for my Canon Pixma printer. It cost $30.00 a year or two ago. So into the shop where I bought it as they will have cartridges.  Looked about the shop and they had new Pixmas out for sale just the same as I had. So over to the counter and asked for the Cartridges I wanted, Price for Black is $30.00 and Colour is $42.00 . Price of a new printer with cartridges is now $18.00  YES eighteen dollars.

Anyone want a brand new printer with no cartridges ! Thought not....

It really should be a grump.

https://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/computers-tablets/printers/printer/canon-pixma-mg2560-multifunction-printer/prod144653.html

As if that wasn't enough to fuck with the minds of consumers the gits don't put a full load of ink in the ones that are shipped with new printers.

19 hours ago, STUNO said:

I needed two ink cartridges for my Canon Pixma printer. It cost $30.00 a year or two ago. So into the shop where I bought it as they will have cartridges.  Looked about the shop and they had new Pixmas out for sale just the same as I had. So over to the counter and asked for the Cartridges I wanted, Price for Black is $30.00 and Colour is $42.00 . Price of a new printer with cartridges is now $18.00  YES eighteen dollars.

Anyone want a brand new printer with no cartridges ! Thought not....

It really should be a grump.

https://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/computers-tablets/printers/printer/canon-pixma-mg2560-multifunction-printer/prod144653.html

been like that for years spesh with canon

hp do it also - madness

unless you have them filled its cheaper to buy the printer

I bought a black cartridge for my £18.99 Canon 2 months ago... Tesco stopped having the printer on cheap, and the cartridge was low. 

2 months later its still printing, cartridge is still in the wrapper! I use it so little I cba to just buy a new one, and it's WiFi which is handy. Anything over 3 or 4 pages gets printed out at work for free! 

Plus the genuine cartridge was £14 from ebay

On 6/2/2019 at 6:45 AM, Snipes said:

I just thinking that power switch and grab combination looks awful until I realised it's probably set up for left hookers. 

Like most grinders, you can put the handle on and turn the guard to either side. I'm right handed but I change to either, depending on which setup gives the best positioning given where I am working. 

been three months since stena tried to kill my bike

was not madly in a hurry but after giving bank details once they said ok we'll cough

still took them a month (we put through your details with slightly wrong numbers) ?

paid on friday WOOP

this means flight from usa - theyve paid for it AND give me 20 quid :D

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

I bought a black cartridge for my £18.99 Canon 2 months ago... Tesco stopped having the printer on cheap, and the cartridge was low. 

2 months later its still printing, cartridge is still in the wrapper! I use it so little I cba to just buy a new one, and it's WiFi which is handy. Anything over 3 or 4 pages gets printed out at work for free! 

Plus the genuine cartridge was £14 from ebay

I have a very sexy HP Envy printer/scanner and found the cartridges cheaper in Tesco or Amazon.  The long-life cartridges never lasted though, the cheaper ones lasted ages. It went nuts a while back, wouldn't print anything or photocopy anything, just came out as a load of scrambled lines.  I keep it as a scanner, that works OK.

Bought an HP Laser printer - always buy HP as they always work with Linux painlessly - except this one, there are no drivers for it.

Anything I need printing has to be emailed to it via the HP print service.  It did work with Chromium and Google print for a while but that has packed up too now.

Dreading replacing the toners for it, can't/daren't think what they might cost and no, I'm not going to look.

Epson do printers with re loadable ink tanks,  which should be cheaper to run. However its an Epson and the last one I had was shockingly bad for clogging heads that after 4 sets of replacement heads under warranty I gave up and got a refund. It was their top of the line A3 also so I got the Canon equivalent and no issues, being a high printer ink did work out less though per ml .  Need to find out if Epson have sorted their heads out  they do a nice A2 and A1 set that have stunning photo output set of inks aint cheep though but massive cartridges. 

11 hours ago, Alex66 said:

Epson do printers with re loadable ink tanks,  which should be cheaper to run. However its an Epson and the last one I had was shockingly bad for clogging heads that after 4 sets of replacement heads under warranty I gave up and got a refund. It was their top of the line A3 also so I got the Canon equivalent and no issues, being a high printer ink did work out less though per ml .  Need to find out if Epson have sorted their heads out  they do a nice A2 and A1 set that have stunning photo output set of inks aint cheep though but massive cartridges. 

Another reason I always go for HP, if the heads clog it is only a matter of changing cartridges. Mu printers can go for months without doing anything.

Another long weekend break at the static caravan in Scotland. Weather a bit rubbish with lots of rain and wind, the hawthorn blossom blowing everywhere and sticking to everything like a snow drift! The Honda Accord was due a gearbox oil change (180,000 miles, no record of ever being done) so another job done. Bit of a faff locating the drain and level plugs whilst using the jack and axle stands on gravel but all done now. Two litres of Honda MTF-3 now resides and the 'snick snack' rifle bolt Honda gear change restored. The old fluid didn't look too murky TBH when drained but the new stuff has made a noticable* difference. Or maybe it is just my imagination. Anyway, whatever. Good for another 100K.

I was just reprimanded on the Download festival forum, I complained that my tickets had arrived, but that my security approved rucksack hadn't.

Moderator told me I should be able to collect it at the gate.

I asked him what I was supposed to carry my stuff to the gate in, and suggested another rucksack.

He told me to 'back off' with my attitude - twat!

Just got a phone call from a mate I've not seen in a while 

Can you get Thursday, Friday and Monday off work 

I think so ,it's pretty quiet, why 

Do you want to go to the IOM TT for free 

Fuck yeah :D

so I'm going Thursday, foot passenger on the ferry and camping though , unless I spot a vacancies sign in a B&B from the bus 

STOP THE BUS :)

21 minutes ago, Wack said:

I'm not sure grin is the right word but if you want to watch the most powerful , moving and thought provoking programme that's been on TV in years 

Watch Chernobyl, it's definitely one not to miss 

On sky / now TV 

Aye it's great, I love soviet stuff from the 80's. I'm also enjoying "The Virtues" on C4 

Probably cheaper to subscribe to now TV for a month £7.99 or you could take the 7 day free trial , 5 episodes , Iwatched 3 in one night, couldn't turn it off then had to wait 2 weeks for the next 2 episodes 

It's only on there for 5-6 weeks though