What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

4 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

Work keep fucking me, so I took the m6 toll this morning A38 until the M54. About 10 miles or so.

Theres many exits, so surely it's open to abuse?

I gained nothing doing it, maybe a couple of minutes.

I enjoyed that it was more quiet than the A5 which was parallel. 

Toll booths on every exit , it's the same price no matter where you get on or off , one junction or the whole length 

2 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

I came back the A5, it's fucking awful. I think they make it worse on purpose.

Every time I read about low emission zones and charges for driving in them the M5 toll pisses me off even more

If it was as important as they say and not about £££ they could stop most of the congestion in Birmingham overnight if they nationalised it and made it free which is what it should have been in the first place 

Billions available for crossrail in London though 

10 hours ago, strangeangel said:

"Yeah, it's being delivered tonight, I got a really good price on Shiply - the bloke said he was coming this way already"

I know someone who did that with 2 stock car's, except they put the front wheels on the trailer and  fastened them with ratchet straps.

Making it double articulated.

They were towing with a Humber Hearse along the M62. It snaked and spun round across 3 carriageways.

The police arrived, surveyed the set up, helped them get it all straight and told them to go a little slower.

They made it to Kirkby, raced, and returned to Rochdale without further ado.

Was a while ago mind.

1 hour ago, Wack said:

Could come in handy 

Screenshot_20190531-125046_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wouldn't have worked with my old terrier, while he liked to hang around "helping" after a while he would invariably bugger off with a screwdriver to chew the handle off it. Also his understanding of decorating was that it was essential to get his hair in the paint and vice versa, (preferably the gloss) and if there was a roller tray make sure he stepped in it.

Looking at that ratchet reminded me of what punctured the rear tyre on the Honda Fireblade I was riding

Completely fucked the 100 mile old tyre as it went through the sidewall. Only reason it made me grin was that it was a work bike and I spent three hours at the dealers waiting for a new tyre.

Blade Piercing.jpg

15 minutes ago, NorthernMonkey said:

That's the badger....presumably you've had no issues with it? I've got the LXT batteries for my Makita drill and am planning to replace my elderly Snap On nicad gun with one of these...

I'm not a professional user so I don't use it daily, however its never been defeated by any bolt or but with me. The late Dave numbers did a thread on the Makita Vs his old nicad snap on impact: 

Just successfully rescued something old and lighting related from the tip.

IMG_20190601_165059.thumb.jpg.45e1a871ab4c4d36d96524d563cd9b5e.jpg

No idea what it is yet...but Thorn made, T12 fluorescent so up my street.  They're massively strict about the "nothing leaves once it arrives" at our tip so it's really rare to successfully rescue anything.  This was spotted before it was unloaded, so was snuck between cars before the guys there spotted us.

Will investigate it later.

9 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Just successfully rescued something old and lighting related from the tip.

IMG_20190601_165059.thumb.jpg.45e1a871ab4c4d36d96524d563cd9b5e.jpg

No idea what it is yet...but Thorn made, T12 fluorescent so up my street.  They're massively strict about the "nothing leaves once it arrives" at our tip so it's really rare to successfully rescue anything.  This was spotted before it was unloaded, so was snuck between cars before the guys there spotted us.

Will investigate it later.

genuinely not sure what that is either! and id like to think id know thorn order codes

but i have no idea what an FXD36 is... I was going to say perhaps some sort of 36W  T8 fixture, but you say its a T12 fitting so not 36W would be 40W in that case

(plus it has the old Thorn logo which predates T8 stuff for the most part)

however are you sure its T12? the 36 in the order code would normally indicate lamp wattage, and 36 would be a 36W T8 4ft tube :) 

perhaps its some sort of Thorn Format or formula fixture? :)

Not a grin, but there's no thread for a warm smile so here it goes.

My mum passed away just over a year ago. Took us a while to clear the house but it was sold in November after a bit of a manic last removals session. The bloke who bought it with his fiancee has quite a striking name, more than likely unique, so he's easy to find on Facebook - and his other half has her account public.

So I know it's weird to essentially go Facebook stalking a house but on the exact anniversary of my mum's death, they posted a whole load of family pictures taken in the house with their new baby. They've not changed a thing and I think the overwhelming feeling was of closure that they're enjoying the house, they look like a lovely family, and it's very much their home.

They'd best not bloody peel the wallpaper though, it's damp as fuck under there.