What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I've been enjoying driving round in the latest addition to the fleet.  It gets plenty of looks, although not always for the "right" reasons - I can say with a reasonable degree of confidence that it's the scruffiest road-legal example of its type in the country.  It seems to be mechanically sound though, and I'm fairly confident about  the 700+ mile round trip to Shitefest and back.

10 hours ago, cort16 said:

Stolen from car sales memes, spot the issue 

61251216_2498094426881663_17442331371283

A massive problem with Peugeots of that ilk is that you can't see the clocks because of the steering wheel. How it got past the design stage is beyond me.

45 minutes ago, SiC said:

crsglj0iump21.gif

I read an article earlier in the year that explained that Fireman Sam is dead and living in purgatory, basically Life on Mars but with Fireman Sam

Makes alot more sense when you look at it like that. Also Norman is Sam's son after an affair with Dilys, as their both the only gingers in the show, and the way Dilys looks at Sam when she see's him (once you notice you never unsee it) 

I really am losing the plot, I just went out the back of the house and thought "It's snowing!"

The reality is that it seems to be blossom coming from the trees next door. Or possibly nuclear fallout; although I can't think why anyone would want to bomb anything around here, unless trying to cause untold improvements.

Had someone randomly walk up and tap on the window while I was waiting at a pedestrian crossing today and try to buy the van off me.  Offering me more than twice what I paid for it.

I responded that it's not for sale - and realised that I'd not have responded any differently if they had offered me twenty grand... it's just such a perfect match to my driving style.

Also gave someone later in the day (when in the Activa) an utter spanking in a very childish moment away from a set of traffic lights.  They clearly weren't expecting a 26 year old scruffy Citroen to take off like that.  While it's really all about handling that car, it really does bloody go like a bloody rocket when provoked that car...after the very 80s-esque comedy turbo lag anyway.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:51 AM, paulplom said:

A massive problem with Peugeots of that ilk is that you can't see the clocks because of the steering wheel. How it got past the design stage is beyond me.

that extends to the vans as well , itt's a fiat ducato but they're all the same van I have to have the wheel where I don't want it or I can't see the speedo without lowering my head to look through the wheel

On 5/31/2019 at 1:38 AM, Zelandeth said:

Had someone randomly walk up and tap on the window while I was waiting at a pedestrian crossing today and try to buy the van off me.  Offering me more than twice what I paid for it.

I responded that it's not for sale - and realised that I'd not have responded any differently if they had offered me twenty grand... it's just such a perfect match to my driving style.

Also gave someone later in the day (when in the Activa) an utter spanking in a very childish moment away from a set of traffic lights.  They clearly weren't expecting a 26 year old scruffy Citroen to take off like that.  While it's really all about handling that car, it really does bloody go like a bloody rocket when provoked that car...after the very 80s-esque comedy turbo lag anyway.

I used to have an Iveco daily pickup with a 3.0 engine in it , when it was empty it'd pull off the line like a GTi

Many many times I'd see some smart arse who thinks I'll drive up the left turn only lane at the lights then beat this van off the line , yeah fuck off that's not happening .

51 minutes ago, Wack said:

I used to have an Iveco daily pickup with a 3.0 engine in it , when it was empty it'd pull off the line like a GTi

Many many times I'd see some smart arse who thinks I'll drive up the left turn only lane at the lights the beat this van off the line , yeah fuck off that's not happening .

I had a xantia like that. Hours of fun (and a mahoosive cloud of clag to go with it!) 

Work keep fucking me, so I took the m6 toll this morning A38 until the M54. About 10 miles or so.

Theres many exits, so surely it's open to abuse?

I gained nothing doing it, maybe a couple of minutes.

I enjoyed that it was more quiet than the A5 which was parallel. 

7 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Has happened a few times since I’ve had my camper...