What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

26 minutes ago, purplebargeken said:

House is worth around 380 to 400K. 

Main stumbling block to moving somewhere nice, isolated, with a bit of space and not London would be Mrs PBK. Would likely struggle with something like a small holding but anywhere* would be better than fucking Edmonton.

so what your saying is you should copy DW and move to wales? and get an invacar :mrgreen:

3 hours ago, purplebargeken said:

House is worth around 380 to 400K. 

Main stumbling block to moving somewhere nice, isolated, with a bit of space and not London would be Mrs PBK. Would likely struggle with something like a small holding but anywhere* would be better than fucking Edmonton.

You could buy Lancashire for that mate, get out of that dreary place to somewhere decent.

My van was in at a local bodyshop for the tailgate painting and a few touchups before I sell it. As usual it took them three times longer than they said and it's not a particularly fantastic job.

I picked it up yesterday lunchtime, drove straight down the M1 back to work. Home from work after, and there and back today.

A bit after I got home I went upstairs to the bog and looked out of the window - there's a flipping roll of masking tape left on the roof!

It's been there for two days and about 80 miles!

15 minutes ago, snagglepuss said:

Anniversary card from Missus Puss

c11a0f975f0713a6ef736048c020d8ef.jpg

Does this mean she wants to go through my car excel spreadsheet with me?

Absolutely! 

But even applying teacher handwriting translation I’m struggling for what you’ve had lots of.., 

dives? 

Your wife won't have forgot how many cars. When she wants a new kitchen and you say you have no money. She will list all your cars and how much you have spent on them. For instance . If you have twenty pounds and your wife has five pounds. How much does your wife have??

No wrong answer. She has £25.00.  Weaker sex my arse. Happy anniversary.  

On my driving lessons in 1997 I used to pass a rural bungalow with a black FD Victor on the driveway which never seemed to move. Went along that stretch of road for the first time in some years about six months ago and remembered it, long gone of course and the bungalow now smartened up almost beyond recognition. Today I went to a local show (maybe four miles away) and just look what was there. Had a lovely chat with the owner who seemed pleased someone remembered it. I'm over the moon to actually see the thing properly after all this time. Full history from new, and it's had those wheels and seat covers since 1973!

IMG_20190526_104910.jpg

Tidying up the garden yesterday I found 4 Passat alloys , that I'd forgotten about. I bought some 17" R ones for my estate last September for £130. I did try to sell the 16"s on Gumtree at the time for £100, got lots of offers of £40 so kept them.

Yesterday I washed them and put them on Gumtree for £130, a guy just picked them up , paid £130 didn't even try to knock me down.

if I live to be a thousand I'll never understand women or buying and selling old cars and parts- no logic involved in either.

12 hours ago, Amishtat said:

On my driving lessons in 1997 I used to pass a rural bungalow with a black FD Victor on the driveway which never seemed to move. Went along that stretch of road for the first time in some years about six months ago and remembered it, long gone of course and the bungalow now smartened up almost beyond recognition. Today I went to a local show (maybe four miles away) and just look what was there. Had a lovely chat with the owner who seemed pleased someone remembered it. I'm over the moon to actually see the thing properly after all this time. Full history from new, and it's had those wheels and seat covers since 1973!

IMG_20190526_104910.jpg

Was it the same owner who had it all that time?

Normally an old car disappearing and a bungalow getting a tidy only means one thing. ⚰️

42 minutes ago, Timewaster said:

Was it the same owner who had it all that time?

Normally an old car disappearing and a bungalow getting a tidy only means one thing. ⚰️

The current owner is its third keeper apparently, it would have still been in the care of its first when I used to see it years ago. He did mention he's been thinking of parting with it so I got his number. (Because, like most of us, what I really need right now is another old car..)