What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Been having a bit of a rubbish time at work due to lots of factors. Then last night I finally clicked that another work place has been actively chasing me for the last 6 months!  Its like when the pretty girl flirts with you and you think they are just being nice rather than anything more. 

So phone call today, basically been offered more money, choice of what I work on, start ASAP and informal interview tomorrow - fingers crossed it will be good

17 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Fucksake :D

Screenshot_20190513-174622.thumb.jpg.d55aa8c669d7a2417500e0e228e7fd5a.jpg

Good luck to them, I kind of hope there is someone crazy enough out there to buy them... 

If you fill them with fluff from your tumble drier (or your belly button), they make great fire lighters for a barbyq or wood burning stove. 

I'm thinking £3 For a pack of ten

How desperate for Money are we? 

On 5/11/2019 at 10:41 AM, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Chatting to someone yesterday that's thinking about changing his sensible* car, not everyday , he's got a Golf for that.

<snip>

First World problems X 1000000.

If he's that well-heeled why not direct him to Richardthestag's Premium Range Rover Pampering Emporium; he's doing a *special on shiny *showroom condition Range Rover Classics.

*Probably.

5 minutes ago, New POD said:

If you fill them with fluff from your tumble drier (or your belly button), they make great fire lighters for a barbyq or wood burning stove. 

I'm thinking £3 For a pack of ten

How desperate for Money are we? 

Sounds like a plan. We need to get on dragons den with this, could make a fortune. :D

2 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

If he's that well-heeled why not direct him to Richardthestag's Premium Range Rover Pampering Emporium; he's doing a *special on shiny *showroom condition Range Rover Classics.

*Probably.

Unfortunately he's taken against Range Rovers ( and Jags) because of the terrible service from our local dealer. He's old enough to have been buying Range Rovers since the very first , he must have owned dozens of them over the years. Plus various family members and Directors of his companies. 

He's the sort of bloke JLR don't want to lose, he's into horseracing , sailing etc , in fact the archetypal RR driver. That now won't give them a penny.

After nearly 50 years of putting up with slapdash BL/ Land Rover quality, you have to wonder how bad things have got. Or maybe it's just that there are alternatives now.

On 5/11/2019 at 11:08 AM, myglaren said:

Never heard of a Bentyaga or Cullinan.

Do they make them purposely ugly to limit sales?

Chatting to someone yesterday that's thinking about changing his sensible* car....

Anyway , his Bentayga ......

Cullinan.....

*google image searches Bentayga, Cullinan...

tumblr_mkehdnL4yQ1s8b4d8o1_400.gif

3 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Unfortunately he's taken against Range Rovers ( and Jags) because of the terrible service from our local dealer. He's old enough to have been buying Range Rovers since the very first , he must have owned dozens of them over the years. Plus various family members and Directors of his companies. 

He's the sort of bloke JLR don't want to lose, he's into horseracing , sailing etc , in fact the archetypal RR driver. That now won't give them a penny.

After nearly 50 years of putting up with slapdash BL/ Land Rover quality, you have to wonder how bad things have got. Or maybe it's just that there are alternatives now.

Give it 6 months and JLR will be a PSA member....

Not car related and maybe a Hull thing due to our large Polsk population...

The factories at 530am are ludicrous. Polsk lasses with painted on jeans, hair done, make-up etc. It's a great morning sight.

But, they're going to be spending 10 hours stuffing plasters into boxes or whatever. 

I have a theory that back home, they tell girls that "Magda Mjuzudhsiazazazazj worked in an English factory, had an affair with the MD, married him and now drives a Mercedes-Benz..... So be slags"

If anyone else visits factories I await your confirmations.

Very early this morning I was half awake and in the gloom noticed the grim reaper standing looking at me, I wasn't that bothered, but when I woke up a bit more realised it was my dressing gown hanging on the back of the door in a perfect grim reaper outline. Only slightly disappointed, I never get many visitors.

The factories at 530am are ludicrous. Polsk lasses with painted on jeans, hair done, make-up etc. It's a great morning sight.
But, they're going to be spending 10 hours stuffing plasters into boxes or whatever. 
I have a theory that back home, they tell girls that "Magda Mjuzudhsiazazazazj worked in an English factory, had an affair with the MD, married him and now drives a Mercedes-Benz..... So be slags"

Yikes.

I was followed most of the way in to work today by a trilbied giffer in a blue Mk3 Mini - he wasn't hanging about, especially on roundabouts.  Got in to Norwich and a separate giffer in a metallic orange late-model Robin nailed it out of a side road in front of me - those things can get off the line pretty quick when they have to.  Then on the way home I encountered a third giffer in another late Robin - silver this time - hammering along the Wroxham road at 60+.  I don't know what they've been putting in the tea at the retirement home, but it's evidently good stuff...

Couple today actually.

[] Discovered that one of my responses to Practical Classics periodic questions to the public on Twitter/Facebook has made it into the latest issue.

[] Took the Invacar for the first trip actually into another corner of town for the first time - and it behaved.  So I took the long way home.

[] Established that it's nowhere close to as much of a liability on the main roads as I expected.

[] Established that she's precisely as easy to drive in stop/start traffic as you'd think.

[] Parked up opposite our local pub to go to the nearby ATM.  Was expecting a bunch of abuse from the huddle of smokers outside...but instead had genuinely happy seeming curiousity and had a pleasant (once I had carefully positioned myself upwind) chat about the car with them.  That was really unexpected.  I usually will walk an extra 3/4 a mile to avoid walking past the place...

The Cayenne, Urus and forthcoming Ferrari and Aston SUVs are all too sporty and will ride like his TR4.

He could buy any one of those and get air suspension put on it if they don't already have it , they might be sporty but they'll have "old man" in the settings

21 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

I spend most sunday mornings in the summer at car boot sales and can confirm the Polish women do look fantastic from 5am onwards , lycra sales in the UK must be through the roof since they arrived here because that's the early morning option

Just to add they do look great with fantastic arses but my mates brother shacked up with one and she proper did him over , she ended up costing him over 100k so my advice would be if you want a much younger woman with a great arse , rent one by the hour rather than put 100k into one and regret it