got the first month bill

78 miles ?

£3.35 ?

if she keeps doing that it might be 40 quid mileage charge

i did more than 80 miles going to wombles on sunday lol

Who is that with? 

Diet beer, just discovered in my local co-op reduced to 66p a can

15587.jpg

Its not even that bad tasting (or its been so long since I last had a beer I don't know whats good or bad any more). 67 colories. Its only 3.5% though. Still worth it!

17 minutes ago, privatewire said:

Young lad has just started working with us, 

This is his daily.

He’s 19, i think he shows promise!

87606A54-F0DB-4064-92F9-111533F9A1D8.jpeg

I say are you a member? Members' parking only don't yah know! oldgit.gif

They're a funny lot at RGYC, especially the ones who don't know they've died yet but are still going through the motions. 

1 minute ago, somewhatfoolish said:

I say are you a member? Members' parking only don't yah know! oldgit.gif

They're a funny lot at RGYC, especially the ones who don't know they've died yet but are still going through the motions. 

Hahaha! I see you are familiar with the establishment sir!

A grump that turned into a grin.  I've been doing overtime at work to help out a department I used to work in which has been left in the shit when members of staff have departed and left a clusterfuck behind them.  Today my head of department came up to me and said she'd had a query from the payroll guys as there was a discrepancy in my overtime submission for April.  Looked into it and it turned out I'd somehow managed to lose count of how many hours I'd done and had gone over what I had been authorised to do.  Which pissed me off somewhat - I don't mind the work but I'm fucked if I'm doing it for free.

When I got back from lunch the boss came back to see me and said "I've sorted it with payroll, I've just authorised the extra hours - I don't mind, they're not coming out of my budget..."

Not gonna complain at that...

What made me grin on Sunday: commentating at Silverstone on a mixed saloon and GT race for 70s and 80s cars.  The field consisted of a horde of Porsches and BMWs, Camaros, Sierra Cosworths, a Skyline, and various other impressive machines, but what made me grin was at the back of the grid were a Peugeot 309 and...an MG Montego!

I've just seen that, in the browser tab for Autoshite, there's a little Ford Sierra bASe.

This has made me extraoirdinarily happy.

Well done everyone.

PS - here's a little pic of her from last year.  Hoping to get the engine rebuilt in the next few weeks so we can get back on the road!

Image result for ford sierra base

In a fit of silliness this afternoon I decided (on private ground of course) to do a V-Max test run in the van.  As much as anything to see if the fact that it seems to breathe better with the new (loud) exhaust is in fact all in my head or not.

Previously she would top out at 74-76mph (Speedo wobbles a bit).  Was astonished to see an indicated 83mph today (Speedo max is 90).  The horrible steering wobble north of 70 has gone now too which is nice.
That's a pretty respectable showing I reckon for a vehicle of a type that is usually seen at 50 tops!

No, I will not be doing the same with the Invacar any time soon.  This was silly, childish and irresponsible...even in a nice stable, well engineered vehicle with good brakes...gave myself an almighty slap to the face after I was done.

7 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

In a fit of silliness this afternoon I decided (on private ground of course) to do a V-Max test run in the van.  As much as anything to see if the fact that it seems to breathe better with the new (loud) exhaust is in fact all in my head or not.

Previously she would top out at 74-76mph (Speedo wobbles a bit).  Was astonished to see an indicated 83mph today (Speedo max is 90).  The horrible steering wobble north of 70 has gone now too which is nice.
That's a pretty respectable showing I reckon for a vehicle of a type that is usually seen at 50 tops!

No, I will not be doing the same with the Invacar any time soon.  This was silly, childish and irresponsible...even in a nice stable, well engineered vehicle with good brakes...gave myself an almighty slap to the face after I was done.

awwww LOL, why do I have a bad* feeling that its going to end up coming down to me to finally drive a Model 70 to top speed :mrgreen:

happy to see that the new exhaust has made a healthy difference I bet it was quite loud at 83? is that GPS confirmed? :)

This 2CV has a fresh MOT.

60002112_2136244289816446_53662360993057

So what? Well, check the MOT history. No, it hasn't been clocked. Yes, it really has done 70,000 miles in two years. It was driven to China, then the full length of the Americas. My mate Chang did the trip with his wife and small child. I'm looking forward to meeting up with them again in Croatia this summer.

Some highlights of that trip.

Bolivia.

54799299_1262663590555276_80141207906203

Up in the Yukon some months earlier.

24059354_1473295826111299_48182796420254

More here. https://www.facebook.com/Luoboding2CV/

Nacho Soup

Last Friday, while Holly and I were having drinks with another couple, Holly stated that she and I never argue.

"That's not true," I said, "We argue every day."

"Don't lie," Holly responded, "that's not arguing, that's just you being a dickhead."

As such, I decided to write down every argument that Holly and I have this week to prove, contrary to Holly's statement, I actually show an impressive degree of patience, self restraint and logic when presented with the exact opposite.

12 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

This 2CV has a fresh MOT.

60002112_2136244289816446_53662360993057

So what? Well, check the MOT history. No, it hasn't been clocked. Yes, it really has done 70,000 miles in two years. It was driven to China, then the full length of the Americas. My mate Chang did the trip with his wife and small child. I'm looking forward to meeting up with them again in Croatia this summer.

Some highlights of that trip.

Bolivia.

54799299_1262663590555276_80141207906203

Up in the Yukon some months earlier.

24059354_1473295826111299_48182796420254

More here. https://www.facebook.com/Luoboding2CV/

Tremendous. 

I got chatting to this lovely bloke on Sunday. He had the most fantastic flying jacket you’ve ever seen - must have been a genuine B3 item. Anyway, he was in the same vehicle run as me. Said some lovely things about my old heap and then disappeared.

Turns out he went to Mongolia in this. 1959 Berkley. 350 ish [EDIT - 400cc] 

If everyone can stop being nervous of taking their old car down the road that’d be great! 

AE498A2A-36A2-43CC-87A6-BD3FC828DF71.thumb.jpeg.21f1d2c0358c15dec6a4aeb16cbd0a8b.jpeg

3221222B-C860-43D9-A81E-A22A5A96EFFC.thumb.jpeg.680a12f6edd6d2a5ab700ac86090dfdb.jpeg