What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

There was some debating in my team at lunch about when it is acceptable to drink the alcohol in there. The consensus was probably that its OK in the evening or if a C-level opens one sooner.

Maybe it's a trap, and like a hotel minibar if you move the beer it flags up on your annual review?

Mind you, a girl I work with... the place she came from had beer fridges in the office, and Friday 3PM was drinks o'clock. Down tools, have a few beers.

I can give you advice about importing a Clio DCi.

Out of interest, where can you hire a more than decade old Renault? I want to go there.

Rented from a place near Rojales in Spain. Apart from my lovely Clio (2004) on their fleet is a 2005 Ford Fusion, a 2005 Picasso, a 2006 Punto, a 2007 Hyundai Accent, and a 2005 Scenic.

All their cars are booked out for the whole of July and August. Nice bloke that I dealt with, everything explained. Oh, and the aircon is ice cold.

Been having some bants with an eBay seller as a MG ZR handbrake/gear lever gaiter I bought off him for £15 all in had gone missing, courtesy of My Herpes. He instigated a lost parcel report and kept me informed and they were being neither use nor ornament. I'm not the sort to go 'I WANT MY MONEH BACK YOU SLAAG' if I can see genuine effort being made, as the seller clearly was.

Anyway, they finally arrived, a month later, on Monday so Iet the seller know.  A day later he forwards me My Herpes email to him:

We have conducted a full investigation with the courier to locate your parcel, unfortunately, in this instance, the search has proved unsuccessful.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused and as a result, we have now progressed your enquiry to a claim.

Regarding compensation
Our records show that you took out protection on your parcel for the declared value of its contents. That means that in the event that your claim is successful, you’ll get fully compensated for the declared value of your parcel.

Numbnuts, the lot of them.

Seller's gonna pursue the claim for a laugh. Maybe he'll split the difference with me ;)

image.thumb.png.859f3579229029c7204221c070d6e97c.png

*grinning like a mad man*

that scene was epic :)

and not too bad on the facts for once :)  (im very glad they did not say they where banned from the roads as thats a big misnomer)

although you of all people DW should know they dont roll over as easy as people like to think! (although I will say it does seem like they specifically jumped to you saying that from you mentioning how you found her in a field)

oh and to be a bit more pedantic, you never had the "register them" as trikes per-say

back before the the historic tax class was a thing, you had to *tax* them as trikes, but the body type could remain as invalid vehicle, (it still bugs me that TWCs body type is now Tricycle when she is an invalid vehicle not a tricycle! LOL)

just mentioning these facts again, as theres a lot of myths and misunderstanding about invacars, and i dont want those to be perpetuated! please do try and remember them for next time you and TWC appear on TV :mrgreen:

(the show hosts? comment about nurturing and cherishing made me smile in a good way, if only he could see the effort and work I have put into these plucky 3 wheelers :) )

Anecdotal evidence suggests it is still easy to tip one. A three-wheeler is always going to be relatively unstable. That evidence does stop me chucking her around too much. I reckon the biggest danger is a sharp throttle input from standstill, on full lock. Especially if you're on a slope. Physics are just going to be against you. After all, they didn't start fitting roll bars to them for no reason...

What’s making me grin today is the sheer, simple pleasurable act of having a day off work today and it being a bank holiday weekend. Have had a shitey long week which started last Friday so I’m more than ready for a break. 

Looking forward to a nice long walk with the dog shortly ?

3 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Anecdotal evidence suggests it is still easy to tip one. A three-wheeler is always going to be relatively unstable. That evidence does stop me chucking her around too much. I reckon the biggest danger is a sharp throttle input from standstill, on full lock. Especially if you're on a slope. Physics are just going to be against you. After all, they didn't start fitting roll bars to them for no reason...

I think my issue with it is, when people see 3 wheeler and hear "they tip over"

you just know they are going to picture Jeremy clarkson in his modified reliant robin which we know is not the case here

I think the Model 70 is much more stable then people give it credit for, im not saying its as planted as an F1 car, but reports from Zel, stuart, and a few videos show they wont tip over so easily :)

im always a a bit weary about Anecdotal evidence when it comes to invacars, im sure people are aware on how reliable the general public can be (especially when it comes to invacars!), for example I was reading some government reports where in one they asked someone in the 1974  how long he has had his Model 70 for, and he said 25 Years LOL

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Lords/1974-02-05/debates/192c020e-1c9c-487f-84bd-92c4386ac471/DisabledDriversVehicles?highlight=invacar#contribution-9d6b8e69-1140-4744-a626-5126c9b08c7d

Yes, I'm wary of following the contrived TG Agenda. I'd still like to own a Robin, just so I can see where the limits are for myself. I've seen all sorts of three wheelers get very close to tipping over though, from Robin van to Morgan. We also have an Autoshiter who rolled his Robin or Rialto. It happens. 

Mind you, how many times do you see a modern car that has fallen over? Quite often! Clip them in the right place and over they go...

Just found out that an old chum from school has been elected as a local councillor following yesterday's elections.

Wondering if I should WhatsApp said chum my pic of him sitting atop a school gate c.1999 with a bottle of Heineken and a suspiciously loosely-rolled cigarette, along with my heartiest congratulations, or punt it over to the local rag first...