What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Lidl had waffle makers in the middle aisle. Oh boy am I stuffed now, it appears I can’t eat four waffles, squirty cream and ice cream and have any hope of moving tonight. Enough mix left for a repeat tomorrow.....

poof :lol:

edit whens the meet of shit cars and waffles

show you how to eat more than one :P

Was watching a video of Noraly (Itchy Boots) who is riding the Royal Enfield she purchased in India back to Europe.

She was in Iran (which looks to be a fantastic country to visit) and is now in Ashgabat,Turkmenistan. The six lane motorways were deserted, except for all the people sweeping it. Two can be seen standing in the middle of the outside lane with their brooms The roads her video showed her riding on gave the impressio

It is very affluent

Then she said that only white cars are allowed to drive within the city.

A quick Google shows that all buildings have been, or are being, clad in white marble. And white cars only are allowed in the city. Supercars, cars with tinted windows, and personal number plates are also banned. There are many other things that are being banned too.

Seems a fun place to live.

Just rang onecom/1com, who manage my vodafone account because I'm on an old number. Or something.

Saved myself £13 a month by saying I wanted a PAC code to move to Tesco mobile.

Now I just need a new phone. After gargling "budget smart phone" apparently £280 is considered budget these days.

Obviously by people without Yorkshire heritage. Fuck me, I was thinking more like sub £100.

Just wanged the zx over roads at 75/80 that the laguna and 406 both bottomed out on at 55. Music turned right up so I can't hear the engine running half a tooth out and it was ace!

The ZX's suspension and the 1.4 are well matched, like the 2CV in this respect and about as much fun as you can have with your trousers on to drive quickly.

^^^ We need someone to "do a Ledbury" on these - import a fuckton of them, convert them to RHD, then go messily bankrupt so they can eventually be sold for £500 a pop to weirdos like us...

(Realistically though, I'd guess there would be issues with crash testing and emissions compliance if they were commercially imported to be sold as new cars??)

I was 30ish when that advert was on the telly and even now, if somebody asked me which car advert on telly was the best ever, it's still this one.

I wonder what ENCAP rating it gets, and whether Mayor Khan would approve of it. Yes I would have one (looks up how many war zones, including France, are on the route home).

^^^ We need someone to "do a Ledbury" on these - import a fuckton of them, convert them to RHD, then go messily bankrupt so they can eventually be sold for £500 a pop to weirdos like us...

(Realistically though, I'd guess there would be issues with crash testing and emissions compliance if they were commercially imported to be sold as new cars??)

Add rusty bridge-fodder 405s and ring-a-ding-ding. WCPGW?

On my way to work this morning, the first part of my journey is a mix of A and B country roads beloved of '43mph everywhere' motorists. Came up behind a cattle trailer and assumed I would be stuck for a while, but no! cattle trailer was being pulled by an early v8 discovery whose driver took every sensible opportunity to overtake and I happily followed him through - with my window down so I could appreciate the noise from in front.

Made my day :)

I was on the verge of handing in my notice.

Then I got a phonecall offering me a job I interviewed for back in March.

So I did hand in my notice.

Yeah, I still have to work my notice period's worth of stupid shifts (2x night shifts in a row tomorrow and Friday) but then I'll probably get a couple of months off until I start the new job, and I have a hell of a lot of savings to get by on.

The new job involves actually installing fibre networks. Tangible things. Not sitting in an office for 12 hours trying to make 2+2=5. My boss even tried guilt-tripping me saying shit like "Oh, that's a shame considering how much we invested in you..." Yeah, I'm sure the company can afford to 'invest' in somebody else seeing as you charge customers 5 figures per month per site for internet bandwidth you don't even have the capacity to properly provide (hence the 2+2=5 comment from earlier).

I'll grit my teeth and get through the next few shifts, then freedom from corporate stupidity! Then probably straight into a different flavour of corporate stupidity, but hey-ho.

Seeing as I'm doing night shifts tomorrow and Friday, I'm trying to re-adjust my sleep pattern by staying up silly late.

I've got a few hours to kill yet, so decided to get the camera and tripod out as it's a nice night. I may venture further than my back garden yet, but I just managed to take this.

post-19977-0-56140600-1555539396_thumb.jpg

Office mouse is back!

Judging by the quantity of dry weetabix he's eaten, he's about to do a massive shit too.baa8626989869ecd46f0bc206011e1cd.jpg

I have two similar stories, but they were both rats.

The first was when I lived in the student accomodation East Slope at University of Sussex. East Slope contained houses with six to a house. One morning I heard an almighty scream from one of the girls in the kitchen - it sounded very much like she was being murdered. Rushing out to check what was going on, I saw a mess of cereal on the floor and this girl still in top screaming mode although total unharmed. It transpired that the pet rat of another girl in the house had escaped over night and was still busy eating screaming girl's breakfast cereal as she went to fill her bowl. Nice.

The other was in a house I lived in Belfast. One morning I was on the phone while making breakfast and as I went to get my muesli I noticed the bag had holes and a large worm-like thing hanging out of the side. This of course focused the mind so I finished the call to investigate further. The 'worm' wasn't doing much and when I got closer I realised it was a rat that had gnawed its way into the muesli bag and promptly died leaving its tail hanging outside the bag (the worm bit). Double nice.

My kids had a lot of snakes, lizards and spiders.

To feed the snakes, I bred our own mice.  They breed so fast I always had an excess to sell to the pet shops.

I came into the kitchen one morning, opened the under-sink cupboard fro washing up liquid and found it to be full of mice.

They had chewed through a plastic cage and escaped.

It was a frantic time catching the little buggers and returning them to an intact cage.

Mice don't bother me particularly but my wife was terrified of anything bearing fur or feathers so the catching had to be completed before she woke up or there would have been ructions, she wasn't happy that they were in the house at all.

I also cleverly dropped a carton of crickets.  They were squeaking behind the skirting boards for weeks.

Only one snake left so the rats for it are in the freezer :)

Excellent news.

Still in Aberdeen?

Yep. I've also got another application in progress... for another job in the area. Looks like I'm staying here for the foreseeable.

If I do actually stick with a job for a bit (I realise I'm building a bit of a reputation now) I'd like to buy a small cottage in the arse end of nowhere.