What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Bought an impact driver in Lidl, and it came with...spare brushes! I didn't think you could buy anything the manufacturer's expected or allowed you to repair yourself.

attachicon.gif20190407_153625.jpg

Have you used it in anger yet? I picked one up for my brother and while its rated a bit lower than my Clarke mains impact gun, its still pretty impressive looking. I've not handed it over to him yet, its still in its box in the garage.

For £35 though its a no brainer - thats half what my clarke one cost and still has a 3 year warranty.

Went to dentist. They repaired my tooth and charged me 22 quid. Because NHS and Emergency treatment.

I may well be able to claw back.my list hours over the week and not loose any money too. Just need to get out of bed when alarm goes off.

Tooth looks better than before.

There are some real people out there, I just met one.

Sold an old ace tyre changer on f'book today, advertised this afternoon, chap gets in touch within minutes and politely asks if I'd save it for him until tonight. He's just been and picked it up and even gave me an extra fiver for not selling it to someone else. 

I got myself a new office chair today.  That might not seem like a big deal, but for years I've been relying on a succession of worn out second-hand chairs because I couldn't afford the several hundred quid a really good chair costs.  50% off at Staples (notstaples) that's closing down.  Only knew about the sale because Mike mentioned it in passing and had we been a few minutes later, I wouldn't have bagged the last black velour high-backed chair in the shop.  I have been more comfortable doing my job today than I ever have, it's been bliss.

We probably should have taken something more practical than the Princess to pick it up with, all the same.  I don't care, I'm comfortable.

That's a coincidence. I've been using a Victorian wooden dining chair at my newly built desk when working from home. Yesterday I got so uncomfortable that I started looking on eBay for office chairs, and found a listing for 17 as-new ones from a local house clearance firm. Recognised the photo location, sent them a message on Facebook, and an hour later I had a nice enough grey/blue office chair delivered for £12.

Pop Will Eat Itself drummer Fuzz Townshend says he dipped his penis in Boris Johnson's pint

https://www.nme.com/news/music/pop-will-eat-itself-drummer-fuzz-townshend-says-he-dipped-his-penis-in-boris-johnsons-pint-2475295

having met Fuzz at a car meet at his workshop in Oldbury, I felt I was talking to a man with a proper sense of right and wrong.

If that is true, i am disgusted.......

That he didn't shit in it.

Anyway I salute the man and if he ever goes into politics, i will move house to his constituency to ensure that I can vote for him.

The fat Eton wanker? Knife crime is too good for him. If I carried a knife, which I don't. I wouldn't want to get it stained with his special self serving, arrogant blue blood which only special people have.

I would happily shit in his bolenger 67.

Not vibing with that, I would sooner have an affair with someone's wife than tamper with their food/drink.

Nah. He's probably* having an affair with your wife right now....

*or would try if he knew her. Proper little twatface.

I'm sorry. He's a Tory with no spine.

Or a Tory as we call them.

My neighbours cheered me up today.

A chore was handed out to a bored offspring today, "Clean driveway with a Karcher clone" Like a Karcher crossed with an air raid siren but I digress.

Much arsing about ensued including the "Wave it around like that Star-Wars kid" then the drive got cleaned a bit.

So did the garden path, onto the washing line full of sheets that had been airing in the sunshine.

There will be shouting later I reckon.

The lad that's just bought my BMX bike turned up in a talking dash Maestro VDP that's been hand painted with black Hammerite paint.

Jesus Christ, I remember those talking dash things. I didn't realise any were still working. Does it have a modern update that says "Brex.........", apologies, couldn't resist!