What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

The internet is actually working again. So I've used this time to send my cv to another 4 companies for them to ignore

When I lost my job in late 2008 I applied to 100 companies in the UK and abroad. I got 1 interview (which was for lip service as they didn't have to shell out of going through a recruitment agency), and rather shockingly, 1 single reply. Out of one hundred companies I applied for, I heard back from one! I thought 'fuck this' and got a job as a pizza delivery driver, I was told 'keep my chin up', but those odds are fucking impossible.

That is just scary. You look at all the useless wastes of space you find in most shops and companies and wonder how they ever got there

I'm renting a unit on a farm for the business. Went up there with Lobsta_Jnr earlier. Next to our unit is a field with cows in. He took one look at the cows, eyes turned to saucers, the cows all looked at him and then he cried. He's never seen a cow before. Was quite an amusing / cute moment.

I spent last weekend with my brother, and just my brother for the most part, for the first time in 10 years or so. Was great and hope I can do it again soon. I see him 4-5 times a year but every time has either been with his girlfriend or/and my Dad in tow.

Unfortunately not been out in my car properly for over two weekends - will hopefully get a run out on Friday to what I hope is my last funeral for a while..

Yeah but what you failed to tell us is that Lobsta_Jnr is 21. :wink:

That reminded me, I watched this the other day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kQNVd3anis

Superb! Haven't looked at this for ages.

I have a CDROM somewhere with all their shows on it, if i find it i can copy it for people as the beeb never put any of their stuff on dvd.

Saw another Maestro coming the other way when we were out in the beige one earlier...lots of light flashing and waving followed! The guy in the other one looked bemused but did grin a bit. So if you are the owner of E169 AAR, a metallic blue Maestro City, you know who the nutcase was earlier! :D

Yeah but what you failed to tell us is that Lobsta_Jnr is 21. :wink:

That reminded me, I watched this the other day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kQNVd3anis

Superb! Haven't looked at this for ages.

I have a CDROM somewhere with all their shows on it, if i find it i can copy it for people as the beeb never put any of their stuff on dvd.

You can watch all FoF and TMWRNJ shows through Stewart Lee's site.

It's amazing what they got away with in TM's timeslot.

Took the car in for an MOT but was two months early. Got them to check out a few bits and pieces including seeing why the turbo has started coming in at 3200 revs instead of 1200, making entries onto roundabouts a bit fraught to say the least.

They couldn't find a fault but did log a few stored fault codes and were going to get the resident wizard to look at it when he returns from holiday.

Took it away, called in at work (off sick at the moment but work is on the same road as the garage). When I left the car roared off like a - roary thing - it has never gone so well since I bought it and Mr. Turbo is performing faultlessly.

And here was I expecting to replace the MAF, turbo actuator, EGR and God knows what else.

Well, that was what they were supposed to be looking at.

I presumed a leak in one of the vacuum lines, the way the fault appeared and then continued.

They checked all the lines and found them OK (they look reasonably new) and checked the connections to the MAF, boost pressure sensor etc but couldn't find any faults so ran a diagnostic on it, couldn't say which machine but I do know that anything other than a Lexia has a serious struggle to make much sense of anything Citroen.

All that stuff was checked out last year too when I had a dud injector that took some tracing.

If if behaves itself I'm going to the CX/M rally in Little Horwood in two weeks so will get it Lexificated then. (Anyone from here going?)

Bernard making to outer Hebrides and back. (Will do pics at some point).

Started smoking when on the island but did the brave thing and ignored it. Looks like a hole in the brake servo.

But the van did the business. Was very comfy to sleep in.

The Outer Hebrides was amazing. Cant recommend it enough. Mainly because no one is there! Perfect sandy beaches all to yourself. In Jamaica they would charge a small fortune for them.

And also just found out that I am definitely moving to Aus next year. Got visa through so all systems go.. exciting times ahead.

I can't get youtube at the moment for some strange reason, but following a post about cows, I wonder if it was the chap in the twin seater aeroplane who knocked over a cow. Searching air crash and cow might bring it up. Always makes me giggle - apparently the cow got nothing more than a bit dizzy and pissed off.

here it is

Autoshite.

It's really picked up a gear recently and everytime you log on there's another ace thread to read. Road trips, class cars and a barrel of laughs. Other forums could learn a great deal from this place.

At last, some compensation for that Ebay scam I had :D

KINDLY OBLIGE

SCAMMED VICTIM/521 BENEFICIARIES REF/PAYMENTS CODE: 06654 $400,000.00 USD

ONLY.

IN OUR RESEARCH YOU NAME WAS AMONG THE FIRST 60 LIST OF SCAM VICTIM.

This is to bring to your notice that I am a delegate from the United

Nations to The IMF (International Monetary Fund) West Africa Regional

Payment Office to pay 521 scam victims $400,000 USD (four Hundred

Thousand Dollars only) each.

You are listed and approved for this payment as one of the scammed victims

to be paid this amount,get back to me as soon as possible for the

immediate payments of your $400,000.00 USD compensations funds.On this

faithful recommendations, I want you to know that during the last U.N.

meetings held at Abuja, Federal Republic of Nigeria, it was alarmed so

much by the world in the meetings on the lost of funds by various

individual to scam artist operating in syndicates all over the world

today.

In other to compensate these victims, the U.N Body is now paying 521

victims ofthis operators $400,000 USD each in accordance with the

U.N.recommendations.

Due to the corrupt and in-efficient Banking Systems in Federal Republic of

Nigeria, the payments are to be paid by UN officials sitting at IMF

(International Monetary Fund) West Africa Regional Payment Office as

corresponding payment centre under funding assistance by United Nation

body.

According to the number of applicants at hand, 284 Beneficiaries has been

paid, alf of the victims are from the United States, and we still have

more 237 left to be paid the compensations of $400,000 USD each. Your

particulars was mentioned by one of the Syndicates who was arrested as one

of their victims of the operations, you are hereby warned not to

communicate or duplicate this message to him for any reason what so ever

as the U.S.

Secret service is already on trace of the other criminals. So keep it

secret till they are all apprehended. Other victims who have not been

Contacted can submit their application as well for scrutiny and possible

consideration. You can receive your compensations payments via.

. ONLINE BANK TRANSFER

Indicate your option and send your full Name and telephone number/your

correct mailing address where you want us to send the compensation to.

Contact me for more details via email: scamvictimcompensation2@gmail.com

I shall feed you with further modalities as soon as I hear from you.

Yours faithfully,

Dr kelly Omorogie

United Nation Representative

Phone:+234-7057-378-297

:roll:

Got Iron Maiden's new album, The Final Frontier today. Back to their bone-crunching heavy metal best!

Posted Image

I've made a pledge that as soon as I find employment I'm buying this. Only thing that slightly worries me is the song lengths - A Matter of Life and Death wasn't a bad album but didn't half drag on in places

NSFW, but ohhh so catchy - this has definately given me a happy!

That's magnificent, and indeed very catchy!

I shall be sweary-humming that for weeks.

It is indeed splendificent. I think it's gonna be on my car playlist for a few days.