What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

ASDA are selling this. Didn't buy obviously.

I had a flick thru it in my local Tesco. Most disappointed that the K-series head gasket fixing guide related to an MG-F, hardly a standard fucking location for a K really, is it ?

Muttered 'chocolate teapot' to myself and then went into the chocolate teapot aisle and found what I needed there.

head gasket fixing guide related to an MG-F, hardly a standard fucking location for a K really, is it ?

It would be interesting* to know, of the K series engined cars that survive, the proportion which are mid mounted. The MG Z cars and the 25/45/75 Rovers must be an endangered species by now. 95%* of the Elises sold are probably still on the road.

* not an actual statistic

There's still loads around according to How Many Left....

Yes, it would be interesting* to compare survival rates with production numbers, but then you have to factor in the fact a lot of cars were probably scrapped for OMGHGF-alike symptoms which were probably no more than the need for a new expansion bottle pressure cap.....makes me sad, that :(

Anyway, two Ks here, one indestructible early one, one chocolate later one.

One trouble-free* KV6 daily, two road-legal working VVC's here. Best not mention 2 VVC's and on 135 in need of light* restoration work. Two in the middle, three up front. I will definitely* get them all back on the road.

Edit: I see you have a streetwise - still a load of the buggers in Carmarthenshire and still look smart.

Had some slight concerns about leaving the 620 parked on the street as MoT is expired, although still taxed and insured. You never know what curtain twitchers are around.

Well, last night the curtain twitcher was me as I spotted a 2001 Pisshat 1.8 Sport saloon parked three cars down in the cul de sac with flat tyres. A quick probe of the DVLA site confirmed said Pisshat was (a) SORN and (2) its MoT expired in June 2018.

The 620 is now in esteemed company.

(And yes, did look what the Pisshat failed on - brake discs and a holey centre exhaust - may make some discrete enquiries...)

Scottish football plumbs new depths. Getting a shooing by Kazakhstan. The greatest moment in Scottish football? Maradona's hand of god goal.

Slim Jim et al giving Englandshire a shoeing in 1967 shirley? Closely followed by a baldy man scoring against the Dutch in 1978. We ought to give up footie as the national game as we're shite at it. Curling, we're good at curling. And pies.

Just in Spain at the moment. I've seen all sorts of old stuff on the road and I haven't even bothered to head into Madrid yet.

It's quite something how many diesels there are about. I've never heard so many ratty HDIs in my life. And I've never seen so many 406s and C5s about as I have here. And MK1 Laguna's.

Its made me fancy a C5 again. Early 110 saloon....(dropping a hint here)

Just in Spain at the moment. I've seen all sorts of old stuff on the road and I haven't even bothered to head into Madrid yet.

It's quite something how many diesels there are about. I've never heard so many ratty HDIs in my life. And I've never seen so many 406s and C5s about as I have here. And MK1 Laguna's.

Its made me fancy a C5 again. Early 110 saloon....(dropping a hint here)

the Spanish like coke power for 2 reasons, economy and safety. Yes safety. Older generations thought petrol engined cars would catch fair too quickly. I know someone whose father owned a dart 8Ameriacn iron) from the 1960s The petrol was removed and a diesel replaced the lump. It must have been woeful.

I had a Mk1 Mégane 1.6 petrol. It was hard to sell everyone wonted a coke version.

Please add any photos of Spanish shite here

http://autoshite.com/topic/32185-%C2%A1mierda-spanish-shite/

i would love to see them.