What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I would say that it's horses for courses but if you have a bit of paper to your name you will generally get a better rate. Do they still do day release apprenticeships? To me that seems like a good system where you get to apply what you learn at college so one reinforces the other.

I can only comment on my experience in the motor trade but when I told multiple garages I had a couple of years of college only they didn't want to know.

This was about 20 years ago now though (shit, where has that time gone?)

On the other hand, I propose a new law for when we leave the EU.

Any product that uses imagery of the union flag will be banned on misrepresention grounds unless it is made in the UK

I'm thinking of those stupid union flag rear lights.

Unless the car is built in the UK it won't be allowed.

Same with RAF roundells on clothing.

Ignoring the project fear stuff.

This should have been done years ago, in New Zealand firms advertise as proudly kiwi owned and operated. Given the snowflakeism prevelant here putting the same on the side of your vehicle would result in a visit from the police for inciting racial hatred :(

"Made in Sheffield"was once known worldwide as a sign of quality, now it's just tat that is made in China and had minor parts added once here :(

Should have posted this to grumpy old man

I can only comment on my experience in the motor trade but when I told multiple garages I had a couple of years of college only they didn't want to know.

This was about 20 years ago now though (shit, where has that time gone?)

Frightening isn't it?, people born in 2001 are now adults.

My only experience is with ROV techs and the like, the ones who have got some City & Guilds or whatever get better rates, more responsibility etc.

Just why? A shit car made infinitely more shit with what looks like sanitary products on the bonnet and five quids worth of insulation tape from Poundland. Presumably owned by a disgruntled partner after their other half was taken in for servicing by the entire staff of the local jag dealers.

Just why? A shit car made infinitely more shit with what looks like sanitary products on the bonnet and five quids worth of insulation tape from Poundland. Presumably owned by a disgruntled partner after their other half was taken in for servicing by the entire staff of the local jag dealers.

At least there's no wings...... :mrgreen:

Had my mate over the workshop today and he recently lost both his grand parents. Other family members have been scavaging the house and flogging anything worth a few quid and pocketing the money.

He just wanted bits that he could remember them by. He found his grandads old tool box that he had made when he was an apprentice and used for most of his working life. It had been put in rubbish pile.

So my mate took it, and today at the workshop he nipped over it with some scotch bright to get all the loose rust and some of the flaking paint, we found a can of Matt laquer in the cupboard. A few coats later and it looked great. Kept its patina and history,

It's now in his work van.

Had my mate over the workshop today and he recently lost both his grand parents. Other family members have been scavaging the house and flogging anything worth a few quid and pocketing the money.

He just wanted bits that he could remember them by. He found his grandads old tool box that he had made when he was an apprentice and used for most of his working life. It had been put in rubbish pile.

So my mate took it, and today at the workshop he nipped over it with some scotch bright to get all the loose rust and some of the flaking paint, we found a can of Matt laquer in the cupboard. A few coats later and it looked great. Kept its patina and history,

Matt lacquer is a great idea. Years ago my brother inherited my grandad's 1950s Rudge bicycle which my grandad had used everyday for going to work, going fishing, etc. It had been in a shed for about 15 years and was looking a little bit rusty in places. In a moment of madness brother sanded down the rusty bits and sprayed it a different colour with a rattlecan.

He still regrets doing that.

You know this PPI bullshit.

Well i was 100% certain that i had never ever unknowingly bought any as my mantra was if you can't afford it outright then save up for it.

So i was on Martin Lewis's money saving site the other day and there is a simple template letter to fill in and email to your bank to check for it.

I sent emails to the three places i have banked with and blow me i got a letter back today from one of them offering me £5784.

Well fuck me sideways this kind of thing never happens to me.

The only loan i can think of was for a M reg Honda Accord back in 1999.

Over the years I've had loans, credit cards, store cards , I've never saved up for fuck all so soon i'm going to be rich beyond my wildest dreams

or not as I've been self employed all my life so I'm fairly certain I unticked all the PPi boxes but you never know, I've filled in as many as I can remember

Love it. Get him to post a picture!

You know this PPI bullshit.

Well i was 100% certain that i had never ever unknowingly bought any as my mantra was if you can't afford it outright then save up for it.

So i was on Martin Lewis's money saving site the other day and there is a simple template letter to fill in and email to your bank to check for it.

I sent emails to the three places i have banked with and blow me i got a letter back today from one of them offering me £5784.

Well fuck me sideways this kind of thing never happens to me.

The only loan i can think of was for a M reg Honda Accord back in 1999.

I have been through mine and sadly had nothing.

Until I remembered I had two mortgages with the Halifax in the 90’s which I thought might have had PPI on them. Anyway this morning I got a form from Bank of Scotland re my complaint about the PPI on my loan and could I fill in and return the form please?

Fingers crossed. Problem is one of them was a joint one with an ex so it may mean having to make contact with her for signatures, etc. Mrs P won’t be pleased! Although if I get megabucks offered I think she could live with half of Something we weren’t expecting.

All I need to do now is prove to Ford I did buy a car from them in March 2000 with PPI on the loan. Problem is I don’t exist, and neither does the car although I now have some proof from my Bank I was paying £170 a month for three years to Ford Credit UK so let’s see them respond to that....