What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Ah damn, I'd been looking forward to the show as well. More or less have I'm Alan Partridge and Knowing Me, Knowing You on repeat on Netflix.

Alpha Papa wasn't that great though. And they 'killed off' Micheal so....

My grin is that I'm collecting a car today.

-Edit, Alan Partridge doesn't suit no canned laughter. Peculiar but it's like those feature length episodes of OFAH without it that feel unfamiliar

I want a Alfa GTV V6 now. Can't afford one though. :(

And you have no faith in a BGT!!!! Welcome to the world of Italian electrics and inboard disc brakes - you'll love* it. 

they are a bloody hoot to drive though - and the exhaust note…. seriously trouser tenting. I adored mine - lavished it with care and even had it all welded up - inner wings etc.... stolen and wrapped around a tree just outside Rattingen :mad:  - cunts

Ah damn, I'd been looking forward to the show as well. More or less have I'm Alan Partridge and Knowing Me, Knowing You on repeat on Netflix.

Alpha Papa wasn't that great though. And they 'killed off' Micheal so....

My grin is that I'm collecting a car today.

-Edit, Alan Partridge doesn't suit no canned laughter. Peculiar but it's like those feature length episodes of OFAH without it that feel unfamiliar

No I didn't like AP either.

Today I've been out on my freebie bike!  Only the second time in a week - I had a little go round my local streets the other day to test my confidence.   Today I rode into town, on back streets for quietness, and may well again tomorrow if the weather is as nice.  Not bad for a bike that hasn't seen the road for 18 months or more, since I dragged it out of a back alley.  As for me, well I was a bit wobbly and when I got home I was shattered, but I'm pleased with myself for doing it at all.

Reading all these grins on here reminded me of something that happened some time ago now.  The company where I was working was going through much change that we were finding very stressful. So plenty of people signed off sick and soon we were down to half strength in the workshop. The company hired two medical professionals to give every employee a medical examination. So two of us get called to the sick bay, get a full physical, and then get passed on to a nurse for further tests. One of the tests was for lung function. My friend John was always  a joker but this time, he went much further than I would have done. He went first on the lung test but this was not good enough for the nurse, who grabbed the tube from him and said, "NO. Not like that. You do it like this" and she demonstrated how to do it. John pipes up and says " You wouldn't be any good for a blow job" I was shocked and also the nurse, who seemed to rock back on her feet. But quick as a flash, she recovered and replied, "I haven't had any complaints" We all were laughing so hard that that part of the examination was never completed.

Looking back now on my working life, I have had the privilege of working with some great people.