What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Here's another walloper stopped by the polis (and yes, it did have a MOT).

qhHOjtSa_bigger.jpgCMPGVerified account @CMPG
FollowFollow @CMPG
More

We’re not McLovin’ this! A Vauxhall Nova 31years old stopped in Stoke. The driver’s seat wasn’t attached to the car, it was like driving a rowing machine. Needless to say vehicle was prohibited and the driver reported to court. 5453.

D0FPyT8W0AAoVVy.jpg
10:00 AM - 23 Feb 2019

https://twitter.com/CMPG/status/1099247536005672960

45]

qhHOjtSa_bigger.jpgCMPGVerified account @CMPG

FollowFollow

@CMPG

More

We’re not McLovin’ this! A Vauxhall Nova 31years old stopped in Stoke. The driver’s seat wasn’t attached to the car, it was like driving a rowing machine. Needless to say vehicle was prohibited and the driver reported to court. 5453.

D0FPyT8W0AAoVVy.jpg

The pictures make the car look better than it actually is, a mate of mine knows the owner of it

Anyone remember my neighbour kept kidnapping my cat?

Spoke to RSPCA - as expected, totally useless, but referred me to the police!

Phoned police, apologised for calling, explained situation.

Police well helpful. Cats are property, if woman doesn't give me my cat back there and then, it's theft and they'll send out a PCSO.

Explained she didn't get up until lunchtime, was 08:00 a suitable time to knock on her door?

Copper practically encouraged me, saying, 'I hate folk like that'.

Following day, I knocked on her door at 08:30, my cat grinning at me through the window.

Woman staggers to upstairs window, 'what cat? I don't know anything about your cat...'

'She's just there look, send her back now' - I flounced off home.

Cat returned shortly afterwards,

12:30, I knocked on her door again, cat again grinning at me through the window

'Send my cat back again, she's due her medicine* again'

'I don't know where your cat is'

'She's just there look'

'You've encouraged her to go into your house, it's up to you to discourage her, there's nothing I can do, you knew what you were doing & I've had enough'.

Flounced home again, rapidly followed by cat.

Do you know?

She's not been in next doors house again in the fortnight since I grumped.

We am happy.

car insurance is due soon

getting quotes for more than paying now (400+) dont ask

went digging for ladies only insurance cos fk it i dont use the car much and the old git *might do 3k a year

miles been getting lower from that last 3 years last years 1700

found a site called bymiles - x amount charged for it being sat and then x amount a mile which they give a black box out for :D

its run by axa so no problem there

for the c4 merde of doom 217 for being sat and 4.6 p a mile :lol:

changed it to a C1 thinking of getting and 161 and 3p a mile

changed it to sandero we found cheap and it was same as C1 :lol:

quote me happy can fuck right off :lol:

from being annoyed about car costing ££££ now happy as can now keep on looking and utimately speaking to the man with the sandero :D

qhHOjtSa_bigger.jpgCMPGVerified account [/size]@CMPG

FollowFollow @CMPG

More

D0FPyT8W0AAoVVy.jpg

A guy on the Pug205 owners page has just bought a gti ‘replica’ where the seats have been put in with woodscrews. I wonder how the rest of the ‘conversion’ was carried out?

The camera so ignominiously thrust up my jap's eye this morning has revealed that I'm probably not going to cark it after all.

That's good news.

When I had that honour I actually watched the video screen as they did it, facinating, but working in the health side of H&S that's what you expect.

Interesting thing was talking to doc at time and asking if it was the same camera they shoved down your throat. Yes he said, we call that topping and tailing. Don't worry he continued, we put it down your throat first before sticking it up your jacksie. We do clean them he added....

Booking the 850 in for its MOT, the fella on the phone was a bit confused, the plate is L110EPJ, for some reason despite me reading it out exactly as is, the guy read it as LI 10 EPJ (impossible as i is not a permitted character), amongst other wrong things. Eventually he clocked it was old prefix format and asked 'is it a private plate?' 

I responded 'nah, just an old car' and he finally clocked. 

Made me laugh, I didn't realise how old hat prefix plates were now - I'm 23 and still consider them perfectly normal...

Two grins today, from the latest NZ Classic car.

!st from the letters section..  from somebody who drove UK to NZ via Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia 50 years ago driving a 1964 Vauxhall PB Cresta with 5 aboard. And towing a Caravan !

Next from an article about a lady's S type Chrysler Valiant..Darcy, a friend of Cecelia's father had a Mercedes fitted with a monster 630 HP Zeppelin engine and he used to call out to the farm in this car. The car not only had a physical presence, but it's passage on the roads was also unlikely to go unnoticed. :-D  And later, I loved riding in the Bentley (1930's drophead) especially downhill at night and watching the reaction from people following in more modern cars to the sheets of flame from the Bentley's exhaust.

I hope the Mercedes is tucked away somewhere !