What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Bees make me grin

Zoe Ball's dad was on her show this morning talking about maths

Something he said about bees left me gobsmacked , they know maths , when they build a hive each hexagonal wax segment is made up of 120 degree walls so they slot together and its angled down at 36 degrees so the honey doesn't run out.

Also when one finds a good source of food it flies back and gives directions to where it is , a step to the left or right then a wiggle of its bum tells them how far to fly , more wiggles the further it is

Utterly amazing

I've used this garage for 20 years or so. I rang yesterday morning for a service and mot on our 2006 V70. They said just to bring it down. My partner dropped it

about 12. they rang at 3 asking if I was picking it up! full service, mot, new rear discs and pads and they were busy welding the exhaust as the receptionist was talking to me. There's a few garages could take a lesson from that. If I have issues with my van they drop everything to get it sorted. It's like a formula one pit crew watching them.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Automotive-Repair-Shop/Barrington-MOT-Centre-657190807717963/

It's worth having a look through their page at some of the stuff they do. There's a defender with the 'dreaded disease'.

Not sure if grin or grump, but on balance probably fits here better.  Cycling in to work this morning on my decrepit 1976 3-speed Raleigh Wayfarer, and some bloke in a Porsche Cayenne sat in traffic in the other direction bips his horn, winds his window down and offers to buy me a better bike.

Isn't that the urban dictionary definition of cottaging? :)

Not sure if grin or grump, but on balance probably fits here better.  Cycling in to work this morning on my decrepit 1976 3-speed Raleigh Wayfarer, and some bloke in a Porsche Cayenne sat in traffic in the other direction bips his horn, winds his window down and offers to buy me a better bike.

Blimey, dark blue? I remenber those. Or rather, perched behind a parent piloting one...