What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Carded my best ever 'wrong skip roulette' last Friday with some miserable twat. Got a full on five minute lecture about 'Do you know it costs us £1,000 a time, blah blah blah' and all that. Tomorrow I'm going back with another 8 black bags and will see if I can sneak them in when he's not about.

Honda Jizz (L-series engine) doesn't even need* a jack.

The car sits high enough to slide my big oil drain bowl under. Oil filter at front. Can access both without removing undertray. Even though sump plug at rear, once you've dealt with any previous overtightening, it'll undo no bother without the jack.

Same with my old typ 44 audi 100.. you can just lay under the fucking thing!

There's an ad running on the tellybox for Expedia.  Book your flights, hotel and car hire in one.  What destination do they show you as a shining example?

Venice.  Right, ok.....

We did a fly drive to Venice, car hire for two days was cheaper than a transfer and there are quite a few roads around the edges, it’s not quite like the pics you see on tv (well the main tourist bits are). It’s also shit, smells, is totally in existence to rip visitors off and is a crap hole of epic proportions. And that is coming from someone who loves Italy and would happily move to the chaos that is Rome or Naples, but Venice? Nah.

I went to venice in 1990 ( in think), twin city holiday to Venice and Florence with Thompson’s I think. Dan dare airways and first class rail transfer. I went with my sister and I was a student with no money. She was a vegetarian and neither of us spoke fluent Italian. Nor realised that you had to book vegetarian meals on the Plane in advance. Made for interesting* holiday. I think it was June and not too hot or smelly - we walked a lot and did a trip out to murano and Burano. The academia etc.

The £ collapsed the week we were away too as john major pulled out of the eurozone. I was chasing Eurocheques but thankfully missed the day when it was all up in the stratosphere.

That was the first time I’d flown. I’ve been in a plane twice(return) since - once to Marseille and once to burgundy. I’m not keen to repeat the experience.

My parents have been to venice a couple of times recently with riviera travel. They really like it.

I arrived home earlier and pulled onto the driveway just as a well dressed older couple were walking away from the house. I smiled and nodded and was greeted with a couple of very filthy looks.

It was only as my daughter explained they were Jehovah's Witnesses that the penny dropped...12a88d7b8c92839155aa636a2ca8ab6a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That they thought that spoiler was a bit shit too?

Is that Kate Beckinsale in the horse?

I'd love it to be true - but somehow I know she's in hospital with a burst ovarian cyst…. no idea why that showbiz trivia stuck in my head. Couple of days back...…….

ANYWAY - MASSIVE ATTACK gig last night - met a fantastic looking local blonde...…. turned a semi-dull gig into a pretty good night.

AS in the community

We were told to not come in to work today (hooray!) due to the weather so I spent the morning helping to budge cars stuck at the bottom of the hill at the end of our cul de sac.

I had an old pair of unused tyre socks which I sold to this chap who was desperate to get going - they worked remarkably well.

post-5328-0-70787300-1549021712_thumb.jpg

They didn't fit the larger super sports Fiesta which was next in the queue so I instead donated the old rags that live in the back of my car. It was tedious using them but it did ultimately work. The car's traction control or whatever was somewhat hilarious as expected.

post-5328-0-39519900-1549021909_thumb.jpg

Predictably by lunchtime though everything is back to normal.

It may sound warped - but I do have a giggle at drivers exploits trying to get up/down and around in these conditions. I also do like to help out and it's a weird - cracked it - feeling when you help them get going….

I was just clearing the car this morning as a Volvo V50?60? went sliding past me on the hill opposite my place. I'll be very surprised if he made it to work in one piece the way he was slamming the anchors on and panicking.

it started snowing whilst I was at work , then someone went sick ...and I got a phone call

would I do a extra sleep in , having just read the weather reports , "yes" slipped from my lips ...

I looked at my car on Wednesday morning as I walked to the kitchen .....and read about the chaos outside on my phone

post-21637-0-86440600-1549027775_thumb.jpg

and this morning it started first turn ...no ice to scrape off and a sunny drive home , even the rock has been moved that I hit before Xmas

and now I have just managed to loosen off and tighten all 4 nuts and bolt on the manifold ready to replace it ... the 13mm was a right bar steward , even wrecked my new long reach 13mm from china , it just split open !! , why one 13mm  nut ?????

I shall now take the dog for a walk who likes the new type of food I have just got him   :-)

There's an ad running on the tellybox for Expedia.  Book your flights, hotel and car hire in one.  What destination do they show you as a shining example?

Venice.  Right, ok.....

Also the child running onto the low balcony  :shock: Everyone is so hot on holiday health and safety now, didn't think that was the best image to show either.

That still looks bloody fantastic, I guess it now drives fantastic too?

It’s a bit dusty and the chrome on the bumpers has got even scruffier, but the drive is amazing. Unbelievably smooth. And quick.

The forecast is for a sunny day tomorrow and I’m not working for once, so I’ll do a proper update on its own thread, and maybe even some filming.

You'll have noticed it's cold at the minute.

My old gloves have rather fallen apart and despite being mended many a time (including the time I lost one and then found it three days later, utterly sodden in the gutter outside the station), they are not providing adequate insulation.

Tonight, MrsDC presented me with these wonderful things that she's been furtively working on:

post-17915-0-15569300-1549060455_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-64215100-1549060549_thumb.jpg

Yes, it's my own pair of custom-knit Autoshite mitts.

To say I am pleased is a massive understatement. It was a total surprise.

post-17915-0-74396200-1549060665_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-77252700-1549060756_thumb.jpg

Apparently, it's a reward for "not being a complete arsehole." This is a new one on me, but I'll take any praise I can muster.

I also asked what might happen if other shiters took a shine to these unique creations, and requested replicas.

The answer came back, "well, they can certainly ask, but I will tell them to fuck away off up their own holes."

Knitters, eh? So fluffy and genteel.

But this is why we rub along pretty well...