What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Actually in my photo there you can see my 160mph speedo on a 110bhp BMW. Book speed is 110mph I think.

My theory is that the speedo dials, ECUs and whatever will be shared across models so it'll always go up to whatever the fastest model does

Not that unheard of. I'm pretty sure Cavalier Mk2s had at least 120mph speedos, if not 140. My 2CV is the only vehicle I've driven when you can actually use all of the speedometer (and a bit more). 

My first car, a Mini 1000, after having the head gas flowed would run the needle right around to the fuel guage! Somewhere I have a photo of it.

Missus and I took the dog for a walk this morning because it was nice. Yes she's wearing her slippers. Don't ask.

post-5454-0-70669800-1546731697_thumb.jpg

This evening, after having gone to work to fix a problem post lightning, took down all the outside decorations, took the mower out, fitted new belt, greased all the nipples and mowed the yard.

post-5454-0-69784900-1546731781_thumb.jpg

Running pretty good, though a large limb of one of the neighbor's trees broke off and landed in my yard. Gonna have to cut that up. I hate pine trees.

post-5454-0-90569000-1546731834_thumb.jpg

Yard looks tidy again. Just finished up after doing the edges and back garden (ride on doesn't fit through the gate). Got several face-fuls of spiderwebs. I hate spiders.

Yay yard work in January. Whoop the South.

Phil

Not sure how they'd be registered anywhere in EU now, as they don't meet current new car standards. They'll probably end up in Turkey or somewhere less fussy about regulations.

I think that they could apply for historical registrations in some countries. Being new and unregistered could prove to be a hurdle some authorities could not handle.

Washing machine finally went tits up after repeated repairs today. Ordered a replacement about 4pm, due for delivery 1pm tomorrow. Blooooody ell! That’s quick.

And delivered, old one and tumble dryer have also been collected so apart from being a few hundred quid down all is well. Just hope this one does twenty years like the last one.

Bet came up trumps yeterday, one hundred and twenty lovely British pounds. Went out on my work's do and got absolutely and utterly wankered, thought I was going to call for Huey on the great white telephone this morning, but managed not to in the end.

My Dad had a 2,5d smiley transit with a Luton body, that did run out of revs at about 45, drove from Stafford - Northampton & back in it once, took about £60 worth of fuel and took forever! Never bothered asking to borrow it again! awful pile of toss...

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

For 1986 the VE6 Transit was a bloody good van, more modern & refined than the previous model, better than most rivals.

By the time it became a smiler it was too outdated and noisy compared to more modern rivals - the Sprinter, PSA/Fiat J5 type, 2nd gen Master (and clones), which would cruise at 70 a lot quieter and generally feeling more modern. (Still better than a similarly aged LDV though).