What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

As my passport expired in April I though it was about time I renewed it.

I went onto HMPO's website and done it straight away :)

Slight grump at paying 105 quid though.

Very simple to do, no fannying about getting an approved person to sign the application or recorded post to the embassy in Paris.

Well done HMPO :)

Now if only HM governments recent bung to Brittanie ferries would make a trip to Shite Fest more affordable...

dieppe

yes drive a bit but still cheaper than yon boat lot

I've just got back from a long walk on the moors, in a probably futile attempt to gain some fitness before a ski trip at the end of January.

The grin? Upon arriving back in civilisation*, I walked past a tree-obscured driveway I'd never noticed before that was stuffed with rammel... I was with non-car mates so didn't stop for a nosey, but definitely saw a JRG Mk 2 Granada, a dark green Puma and what might have been either an MX-6 or a Probe under a cat piss tarp. There were others too, but I only had about 0.6 of a second to take it all in.

Saw a dark green Citroen C6 in the car park at Morrison's earlier.  I love those barges, even though they're moderns.

A C6 that isn't resale silver or black is unicorn fodder; please tell me it had cloth seats and a pez engine for the full house.

Motability car goes back on the 2nd Jan.

But I now have a bit of paper declaring no accident claims in the last 9 years.

Which is not the same as 9 years NCB, but some will accept it. 

We shall see.

I've had similar off classic policies. Most places wouldn't give me NCD for it the first year, but they gave me a discount equal to that many years NCD...

It's all smoke n mirrors.

Went down the M6 today to pick my Panasports up.

A massive stretch of the smart motorway works are almost done and the speed limit has been raised to 60 accordingly. Takes a fair bit of time off the slog down to the Midlands - which I end up doing a lot for some reason these days.

Went to B&Q a couple of days ago, as I was driving out of the car park I spied a minty, mint Vauxhall Viva. Lovely it was, white, on a G plate and had a young, possibly early 20's couple sat in the front nomming away on KFC. Got a big smile off both of them as I gave a thumbs up whilst driving past.

Excellent.

Motability car goes back on the 2nd Jan.

But I now have a bit of paper declaring no accident claims in the last 9 years.

Which is not the same as 9 years NCB, but some will accept it.

We shall see.

Have you tried quotes with zero NCB? I've found it's only made 50-80 quid difference tops between zero NCB and nine years NCB. (For a 32 yr old living in Bristol)