What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

After a year of being fed up of only having a radio in the Ovlov, I bought a bluetooth stereo off ebay with phone kit for £12 and a wiring kit for £3 it only a took a few minutes to fit and im really pleased with how it sounds.

Its amazing how cheap stuff is now especially if you dont need a fancy branded item.

Just got to watch our dog going absolutely daft chasing the cardboard base a pizza arrived on all around the floor.

There are few things he enjoys more than destroying cardboard (but only when we tell him he can)...however he didn't know quite what to do about the fact he couldn't get hold of it on the floor.  So being half husky went for "flail madly at it" as a default response.

The results spoke for themselves really... 

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

Yes, I'm going to be picking bits of cardboard up all day tomorrow...

Last day in work tomorrow is being taught how to defend lunatics who are trying to kill me, thumbs in eyeballs n stuff , early dart at 2 pm apparently then off for 10 days. 

Sounds great being off but all the stress I've been hiding away for the last year will resurface around day 5 and fucking destroy me, there's always booze though  :mrgreen:

Just got to watch our dog going absolutely daft chasing the cardboard base a pizza arrived on all around the floor.

There are few things he enjoys more than destroying cardboard (but only when we tell him he can)...however he didn't know quite what to do about the fact he couldn't get hold of it on the floor.  So being half husky went for "flail madly at it" as a default response.

The results spoke for themselves really... 

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

Yes, I'm going to be picking bits of cardboard up all day tomorrow...

found that throughly amusing  :mrgreen:

smart dog for figuring out to put it on the strip between floors to create a gap to pick it up via :)

I know its the Daily Mail.... But, a guy selling a TT on eBay for £15k.... Guy offers £6k then calls him a time waster for saying no. Then the seller sends him on a small goose chase.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6515723/Car-seller-tricks-rude-buyer-12-mile-wild-goose-chase.html

Probably fake obvs.

A student with 15k worth of Audi TT ?

Fake news.

Plus you don't know whose going to clone your number plate and get you back.

Here's a project I've been working on for a while. 

ADMmmDX.jpg

My grandad made this dolls house for my sister some time in the early 90s. It got a lot use, including by me in the late 90s as a set for making films with an 8mm Camcorder and a cast of Playmobil people, and a place for a kitten to play (pictured here in the living room). 

SKJkpwl.jpg

It fell into disrepair and was forgotten at the back of a cupboard.

That was until recently, when my sister had a baby. What better excuse to drag the dolls house out and renovate it for the next generation? Here's the result:

RVsy4nB.jpg

Alright, the exterior doesn't look all that different, which is a shame because it was a crapload of work! The house was built from plans supplied by a company called Hobby's, who are not only still in business but still sell the windows. All the windows and doors were replaced since the old ones were either missing, yellowed or broken. I re-papered the roof and hinged it to provide a storage area, before tearing all the black wood off so it could be repainted. 

Interior before:

hNOARDB.jpg

...and after:

BGnGN8E.jpg

The first thing I did was build a new staircase and relocate it so it doesn't block the whole hallway anymore. I installed two separate LED lighting circuits, controlled by tiny switches in the hallways and with batteries in the roof space. New wallpaper and carpet throughout, with nice lollipop stick hardwood floors in the hall.

The washing machine, staircase and assorted furniture are made from lollipop sticks as well. The bed is a thick cardboard base with foam mattress. The (somewhat old fashioned) fitted kitchen was crafted from thin MDF. Settees are sculpted foam, covered in felt. The television is stiff cardboard and has a removable insert so that the programme can be changed. 

I built a false wall with a lollipop stick sliding door for the bathroom, hiding a toilet and sink made from Fimo. 

Gs74hoW.jpg

Can't wait for my niece to fuck it up good and proper in a few years!

M'Coli, don't get too excited.  I've worked in offices where I'm the only bloke and it was the most poisonous, backstabbing environment I've ever been in.  Some of them made no secret of their belief that it was not an environment for a man to be in and that I should really look somewhere else for work.  At one placement they took so much exception to me being there that they complained to my agency who were baffled, since it contradicted all the reports from other placements I'd been on and, of course, was entirely baseless accusations.

“What’s that, you need a front wing for a Series 2 Land Rover?

I don’t have the exact part here but I’ve got something that’s about the same shape...”

attachicon.gifB91BBBDA-1951-40E6-9892-1D58ECA0072C.jpeg

You just beat me to it - saw this on that bookface about 3 mins ago and thought "that would go down well on the beige..."

M'Coli, don't get too excited. I've worked in offices where I'm the only bloke and it was the most poisonous, backstabbing environment I've ever been in. Some of them made no secret of their belief that it was not an environment for a man to be in and that I should really look somewhere else for work. At one placement they took so much exception to me being there that they complained to my agency who were baffled, since it contradicted all the reports from other placements I'd been on and, of course, was entirely baseless accusations.

I work in an environment which is 99% women and it's hell, there is always a drama