What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I might do this on occasion, it looks slightly less dodgy topping up the tank at the roadside/work carpark.

I used to top up from 30l drums in the works car park at lunch time, you want the biggest most solid funnel you can find and set up an anti glug breather pipe, having a massive filler and huge tank meant it would swallow 3 drums in 5 minutes...Holding 30l of fluid at  chest height for any length of time starts to hurt, watching Mad Max 2 when hes walking about with 4 jerry's on a pipe over his shoulder always makes me chuckle...

You can? Get me a set please, they'd fit my legacy and would be handy having two sets..

One for the SVM?

Dunkeld chippy offers deep-fried Christmas dinner

post-17915-0-92484600-1544450217_thumb.jpg

Fish bar owner Scott Davie shows off his deep-fried festive menu

A Scottish chip shop is offering customers an entire deep-fried Christmas dinner.

Dunkeld Fish Bar in Perthshire claims its turkey goujons, battered Brussels sprouts and carrots and parsnip fritters are already proving popular.

They are served with a giant pig-in-a-blanket - a battered foot-long sausage - and a deep-fried mince pie on the side.

Fish bar owner Scott Davie, 43, said: "People think they don't like Brussels sprouts, but they're always overcooked.

"We do them from raw, and their natural moisture content cooks them through, and they are absolutely amazing. "

The speciality supper costs about £10.

Sale proceeds are going to the Dunkeld community, with a visit from Santa and his reindeer planned for local children.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-46500570

That's the one.

Two of my dogs have just been arguing in their sleep, they're both lying next to me, Bess has been growling in her sleep and Bernie has been wuffing back to her, until she did a big woof and woke herself up. Unfortunately she also woke Toby the Bastard who has decided that it must be time to go out again

That's the one.

Two of my dogs have just been arguing in their sleep, they're both lying next to me, Bess has been growling in her sleep and Bernie has been wuffing back to her, until she did a big woof and woke herself up. Unfortunately she also woke Toby the Bastard who has decided that it must be time to go out again

:D It is funny when they do that, I like it when they bark loud enough that they jump up & switch 'on guard' mode while looking confused as hell about what woke them up.

Motability car has to go back.

They usually give you 2 weeks use after a death, but due to Xmas/N Year, BCA can't collect until 2 Jan so I can use it until then free.

Also refunding a percentage of our initial payment, £333 sir. Also RSA will give me proof of NCB.

Thank you very much. Can't say fairer than that.

They are served with a giant pig-in-a-blanket - a battered foot-long sausage - and a deep-fried mince pie on the side.

How is that remotely like a PIAB? It's not wrapped in bacon! The average chippie saveloy is generally pretty lacking in anything resembling meat too, but that's another issue...

I do enjoy it when the supermarket stocks foreign foods.

45ff39b7a9a6fab57e1305863dfa5909.jpg

Definitely my second favourite Scottish beverage, I am contractually obliged to say Dewar’s Scotch Whisky is my favourite.

Apologies for the 70s lounge content, I don’t do fashion.

Are there no Tunnock's Teacakes to go with that?

At least a little good news there Mally. I didn't comment on grumpy thread so I'd like to say I'm extremely sorry for your loss. I met you at shitefest 2017.

I was using the cordless drill mally gave me at sf17 today and though 'top shiter, would take free crap from again! Still providing sterling service for my very light workload

At least a little good news there Mally. I didn't comment on grumpy thread so I'd like to say I'm extremely sorry for your loss. I met you at shitefest 2017.

Cheers Dean, I had forgotten, but seem to remember you being much younger than me.

Mind you that description fits most people.