What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Surely that should be in the grump thread?

Nah, it amused me greatly. Little things and all that.

It actually got better...she then made another call and asked the recipient to get her a dairy free latte, she’d be there in ten minutes. In Preston FFS. Hilarious.

Uni really have their shit together.

There's fake tax refund spam emails on the internal email system.

I think that is targeting unis as we have got that at the moment going round. Probably relying new students to spread it (ignoring the fact that most students dont open any emails ... ever) 

What's the zip like? Might be interested for my long term projects.

Of course I know where everything is:

attachicon.gifIMG_20181011_135732.jpg

it doesn't have a zip.  just a buckle and a couple of press studs.  made by E Arrowsmith.  for a piece of 50 odd year old cardboard and shitty white stuff its in remarkable condition...still looks shit though 

Big interview was today. Bloody tough going but made it to the other side. Thought I did alright but obviously I am not making the decision. Reckon my lack of past experience in that area might be an issue compared with other candidates but we will find out soon enough. They did ask for references at the end though, maybe a positive?

It’s a grin because tonight I don’t have to worry about it or write materials or do research. Tonight will consist of a takeaway and a long session with Breaking Bad because I have bloody well earned it.

In other news - popped to see a mate and scored a months work, then a quick coffee with another one has lined something else up after that potentially. So if the good one doesn’t pan out, I have stuff to keep me going to the end of the year or so

I overheard a conversation today in which a colleague spent a decent amount of time and effort trying to explain to someone how somewhere could in the south end of Northern Ireland. "But how can it be in the south if its in the north?"

She absolutely couldn't comprehend this until it clicked with me that she didn't realise that North and South were "directions" as well as regions. She's in her mid-20s.

We used google maps to try and help illustrate this, and I ended up mentioning that France is a lot closer to us than Ireland. My colleague mentioned the Channel Tunnel to her, and she didn't believe it was real.

"What? a tunnel? Underwater? Won't it flood? How do the cars see where they are going?"

it doesn't have a zip.  just a buckle and a couple of press studs.  made by E Arrowsmith.  for a piece of 50 odd year old cardboard and shitty white stuff its in remarkable condition...still looks shit though 

I see, mine must be posh one...

post-19900-0-58434800-1539275349_thumb.jpg

And yes, I found my very tired "Top Gear" brand knitback driving gloves I bought from the Co-op in c.1992.

post-19900-0-66191600-1539275593_thumb.jpg

I bought a hardtop for the mazda, it's dark green but doesn't look too daft on the black car, I may not bother painting it as planned.

post-4462-0-57902100-1539280956_thumb.jpg

I met the seller at his house where I followed him in his wife's mx5 to the lockup where he keeps his own mx5, a photo was inevitable :)

post-4462-0-36431400-1539281030_thumb.jpg

Nice bloke, as is usual in these situations, a simple transaction took over an hour with plenty of mazda chat.

I also figured out why there was a bit of a rattle coming from the mazdas passenger door - the locking solenoid was just flapping around, both retaining screws had vanished :(

post-4462-0-36381000-1539282124_thumb.jpg

That's better, it actually locks the door now :)

post-4462-0-76426700-1539282242_thumb.jpg

Not quite sure why I need central locking on a track car but it works so can stay for now.

Asked a mate how his Astra was running today.

Never been better, it's far quieter now and seems to run far smoother than previously he answered.

The grin ?

At the weekend he asked me if I could think why his oil pressure light would flash on now and then.

Have you checked the oil level?

The look on his face was the answer. I checked it for him, yep, absolutely nothing on the dip stick.

Now to make him realise that although it's a very low milage, an 12 year cam belt isn't a good idea.

I overheard a conversation today in which a colleague spent a decent amount of time and effort trying to explain to someone how somewhere could in the south end of Northern Ireland. "But how can it be in the south if its in the north?"

She absolutely couldn't comprehend this until it clicked with me that she didn't realise that North and South were "directions" as well as regions. She's in her mid-20s.

We used google maps to try and help illustrate this, and I ended up mentioning that France is a lot closer to us than Ireland. My colleague mentioned the Channel Tunnel to her, and she didn't believe it was real.

"What? a tunnel? Underwater? Won't it flood? How do the cars see where they are going?"

Try explaining how Donegal is in the South, but further North than the North.

A guy I know has a mate , a builder ,a hit with the ladies due to a massive cock , he advertises on swinger websites , aparrently there's a wollarding type picture with it swinging

A woman rings him up , meet in a lay by at lunch , she turns up, mid 40s , smartly dressed and they go at it for 30 minutes and say their goodbyes

A couple of weeks later he gets a job at a school, walks in the office and there she sits with a cup of tea , teacher, there's a bit of a oh shit look on her face.