What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Found something in the Poundland that impresses me. The pump up pressure sprayer they do is absolutely perfect for applying Waxoyl on. Done part of the Focus tonight, set the nozzle right and let it down with 30% white spirits and it gives a really even coverage inside those troublesome wing rust spots through the access hole on the arch liner.

Did 2 coats on the boot floor and chassis legs, let the solvent evaporate from the first coat then put second on thick. Pumped it into the chassis legs until it ran through the access holes. Is it odd that I find rustproofing so satisfying?

They the ones you have to split from the bearing carrier ??

Yes,on Youtube they just push them off easy.

We always have to take the complete hub off and have made a puller to remove the disc from the hub.

Edit, Correction, it seems now we have made the puller it works with the hub still on the van, as said before I wasn't there :)

There's nothing like it.

I've been doing it for 17 years now.

It’s a long way off still but despite a migraine from Hell today I am buzzing that I have reduced the time until retirement by nearly 25%! And think we can actually be vaguely comfortable and then five years on I will be on more than when working due to saving into my pension like a bastard when I was younger. As long as I live that long it will have been worth it.

You utter sods talking about retirement by the time i get there you will have to work until you pop off with your boots on

Depressing thought isn’t it!?

I think I’ll die naturally before I get to retirement age. And there’s almost certainly not going to be much if anything of a state pension by then either.

Saw a brand new skip lorry on the M1, being driven on Trade Plates. It had a 62 plate Hyundai i10 on the back, no skip just attached with some slings off the chains, the sides were fucked, flattened and dented.

Bit naughty thinks I , having a load whilst on Trade Plates, then I realised , the i10 is part of the delivery process, hence all the damage . It obviously gets hooked up on the back at the dealer/ body builder, gets delivered , then the driver swings it down and drives back to base. I did wonder if the use of the little Hyundai was because they're' e so narrow.

You utter sods talking about retirement by the time i get there you will have to work until you pop off with your boots on

Depressing thought isn’t it!?

I think I’ll die naturally before I get to retirement age. And there’s almost certainly not going to be much if anything of a state pension by then either.

To be honest that is exactly where I thought I was with it all with a retirement age of 67 and not the best health, and when the government screwed over my (in surplus) pension scheme because of ‘austerity’ (the same month they gave tax cuts to millionaires) I really thought I was screwed. It was only when I looked into things a bit more closely when there was a cock up at work that I realised I have a way around it that means, as long as nothing changes, I can go at 62. It is mostly the result of overpaying between the ages of 25-35. I couldnt really afford it at the time but it had been drummed into me by my Dad so we somehow did it. But then houses weren’t £150000 plus so I feel sad for anyone under the age of about 35-40 as they have been royally shat upon by the system.

I know..I know, its irresponsible and stupid and a bit dangerous. But the law could not get near .

2 bikes clocked at 247Kph took off at 300 ish. Police would like their names on the back of an envelope please !

Even the paper nominates them for a future Darwin award. Would i grin if they won the award ?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/bikes/104492232/300kmh-motorcyclists-blasted-as-future-darwin-awards-recipients

Saw one of these BMWs the other day.

bmw-3-series-2015-rear-quarter.jpg?itok=

Not the grin.

It turned a corner, the indicators light up in the corner cluster, and the boot lid cluster. I really like that; rear lights should extend as far across the car as possible.

Not the grin.

The grin: leaving all stereotypes aside, the reason I didn't know this before was because I've actually never seen one of these indicate before.

There is a reason why stereotypes exist.

Saw one of these BMWs the other day.

bmw-3-series-2015-rear-quarter.jpg?itok=

Not the grin.

It turned a corner, the indicators light up in the corner cluster, and the boot lid cluster. I really like that; rear lights should extend as far across the car as possible.

Not the grin.

The grin: leaving all stereotypes aside, the reason I didn't know this before was because I've actually never seen one of these indicate before.

There is a reason why stereotypes exist.

Have you seen the Audi scrolling indicators yet? I saw my first in April last year over in Ireland, then saw exactly 4 more in the following year, now in the last Month I've lost count, probably a couple of dozen, I think this in happening as the cars move onto their second owners.