What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

dogs 2off size assorted?

The Cooper is a really nice car, pretty much mint throughout. I would but I need all my pennies to pay the potential bill I am faced with. New car or pay the bill... decisions, decisions!

Google's suggestion for how I can get to the Festival of the Unexceptional. Hm, which option to choose?

attachicon.gifthanksgoogle.png

Like many Scotch fellows I was guilty in the past of thinking everywhere in the South of England was close by. I was down in Folkestone with my old work and they asked me to nip over to Plymouth before coming home. No bother I thought, just along the road..... It took about 6 hours.

so chris isaak - tune

the gemma woman cover - tune

but the lloyds bank ad - JUST FKIN NO

this

win

I was really angry when I heard the Lloyds bank cover for the 1st time.The original was the break-up song during a really painful split from my ex in 1996 & still brings back a lot of memories good and bad  :-(

Local soap opera. I DO NOT WATCH IT but caught this while changing channels yesterday. I have nothing more to add.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU0q2RdTlgA

EDIT... NSF Breakfast

A friend has been on Shortland Street a couple of times.

Anyway my grin, impromptu convoy with a Bedford CF1 camper going M25/ M23. I think the camper had the edge on the transit but in my defense I was hauling close on 3 ton with scrap, rubbish and toolage as well as my big lunchbox on board

Wacka Wacka !

Exactly. Off to odiham base I expect. I see convoys of two or more sometimes, but never right overhead before. I thought it was Granny Liz coming to visit the family to start with as the burgundy helicopter makes a similarly loud noise on landing, when this came over the roof!

Never forget seeing them fly extremely low over our house when I was younger. Must have been no more than 50ft above the roof. So low, you could see the cockpit lights and the pilot moving the control stick. Didn't half make the whole house shudder.

Used to live near Salisbury plain and a big hill right near us (Coombe Gibbet) had a old hangman's cross at the top. So I guess it made a perfect landmark on which to navigate and turn around by.