What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Grin today, I had to go to the local tip to get rid of some old junk and picked up two mowers - a normal rotary one and a nice cylinder one - for £5 each. Nothing too special here, they are good lads and I'm happy to take the mowers off their hands.

The grin in this though, is that on getting one of them home, ready to replace the snapped-off section of handle that has clearly been tried to be welded and failed. Closer inspection reveals the dead mans handle cable is cable tied to the handle with a B&M green cable tie. More specifically, one of MY green cable ties. I always put these on and now I know that this one - with a peach of an engine and no other damage, so god knows what they did to it - was one I've bought, fixed, sold, the new owner has scrapped and I've rebought.

I replaced the snapped handle in a couple of minutes and it runs perfectly again. Gumtree, here we come again! this is the gift that keeps on giving

the ultimate gift for any 80s sci fi loving geek , yes 4 corny 80s sci fi  films in one pack , so fresh it is still in the cellophane  ....the perfect gift for any anyone into sci fi 

post-21637-0-15228500-1522008587_thumb.jpg

all films have been on YouTube in one pirated form or another in a lower quality format ...

Really fucking agree - in my time with the Volvo it was a major problem. You couldn't drive the bugger at night as seemingly neither the glass nor mirrors were anti-glare treated. 

It's bad enough in any car - the worst offenders are German minicab/rep barges, Mazda CX-5s, Sportfridges and other shit Eastern crossovers. Basically anything with mass appeal that's larger than a city car.

Could get used to this single life . Lovely day with the daughter on Saturday and the day to my self yesterday .

Did a 31 mile cycle ride and back home by 10.30, house all spic n span by 1 . Bit of dinner then out in the revamped garage / mancave for some tinkering .

Made a lovely chilli for myself and brother who came round . Got the first 3 nights campsites booked for our adventure before (too late) dementia tour in th camper with dad .

Felt so relaxed . Maybe because I’ve had a week of sleeping in an actual bed as opposed to 9 months on a folding foam thing on the floor

Had a great run up and back to the NEC today in the Herald.  Furthest its been in ages and ran totally hiccup free.

I think my favouritest sight there were the three Saab 92s side by side. I'm not sure I've seen even one of those really early cars in the metal before.

Did see you in passing. You still looked a little dazed after that Saab magnificence. I spent three days mostly staring at them.

Good day so far!

Got back in my car this morning to a full tank, thanks Gareth!

All my car bits have come, so if we're not under 3ft of snow this weekend and I'm not too knackered after fixing the Mazda on Friday and FOD/75 fun on Saturday I'll give those a go

But the best bit was seeing a beautiful L reg Granada Scorpio estate, the non frog-face version! Looked lovely, daily drive, I flashed him out in heavy traffic and gave him a massive thumbs up. Then realised how similar to the MK1 mondeo estate they look from the rear.

My first ever photocard driving licence licence arrived this morning. I'd been meaning to apply for one ever since I moved house... back in 1998, or whenever they were introduced... :-D

Make sure you still have all your entitlements on the one they save sent you a family member lost his motorcycle test pass when he renewed at 70

I knew a guy once that sent his licence in for points taking off and an address change and he had to phone dvla to complain that they hadn't put his motor cycle entitlement on his new licence.

They sent him out an amended one with the entitlement on.

He'd never had the entitlement in the first place!!

I knew a guy once that sent his licence in for points taking off and an address change and he had to phone dvla to complain that they hadn't put his motor cycle entitlement on his new licence.

They sent him out an amended one with the entitlement on.

He'd never had the entitlement in the first place!!

I fancy a HGV or perhaps tracklaying vehicle entitlement; one to try at the next renewal... :D

Could get used to this single life . Lovely day with the daughter on Saturday and the day to my self yesterday .

Did a 31 mile cycle ride and back home by 10.30, house all spic n span by 1 . Bit of dinner then out in the revamped garage / mancave for some tinkering .

Made a lovely chilli for myself and brother who came round . Got the first 3 nights campsites booked for our adventure before (too late) dementia tour in th camper with dad .

Felt so relaxed . Maybe because I’ve had a week of sleeping in an actual bed as opposed to 9 months on a folding foam thing on the floor

I've tried explaining this to mates..... I'm struggling to get back into the 'other half' mentality again after a couple of years doing this/\. At the point of binning a great girl - just can't get ,head back into it properly. I know it sounds daft, but this /\ is a bloody nice way to live to be perfectly honest. Good luck fella