What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Saw the south african import 3.0 v6 cortina that lives inside a car parts shop actually being driven, mrs fp was quick on the draw to snap a picture before it passed by

20180216_134749(0).jpg

I think i know why it was out and about, its for sale on eBay

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CORTINA-MARK-3-MK3-L-1973-3000-GT-V6-GENUINE-FORD-BUILT-SUPERB-CONDITION/122972881931?hash=item1ca1c1440b:g:FpkAAOSwfWpaiCiH

but it will have improved swansea (sorry skizzzer martin)

Take more than that bud ;-)

I’m about 15 miles from the epicentre. It made the glass partition in our house rattle, but not as much as, say, Keith the spaniel jumping down off the sofa.

Even by BBC website standards it’s a complete non-story.

Take more than that bud ;-)

I’m about 15 miles from the epicentre. It made the glass partition in our house rattle, but not as much as, say, Keith the spaniel jumping down off the sofa.

Even by BBC website standards it’s a complete non-story.

Was it the fat fighters aerobics class doing star jumps?

Planning out a route from Seaside, OR to Seattle, WA.

We'll go to Aberdeen, WA to see where Kurt Cobain grew up. Then while we're on the 101 we'll pass through Olympus. There's a street there called Sleater-Kinney road which inspired the name of the band Sleater-Kinney. Once we're in Seattle, we can go to the NOAA campus and visit A Soundgarden. You can guess which band was inspired by that one. I can pay my respects to Chris Cornell while there.

Looking forward to this holiday! Apparently OR and WA are full of epic amounts of chod, too. I'll try to keep my spotting thread updated.

Is it sad I've made a playlist on my phone of all my favourite bands from that area? Rabbit Junk, Ovter God, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Audioslave and Sleater-Kinney. :D

That blog is an eye opener really, especially considering how much was broken compared to when it left me. In happier Princess news, mine hasn't left the telltale spot of oil on the drive it always used to and, amazingly, it's got the requisite amount of oil still inside the engine.

That blog is an eye opener really, especially considering how much was broken compared to when it left me. In happier Princess news, mine hasn't left the telltale spot of oil on the drive it always used to and, amazingly, it's got the requisite amount of oil still inside the engine.

Tbh that blog just reads like a whinge list finding blame with all the previous owners without whom that car would have been fragged 20 years ago..

When in reality, it sounds like one owner ran it into the ground.  There's more posts on the blog.  OKK went through an MoT and got a clean sheet but had a clutch hydraulics problem where it seems the fluid kept disappearing... I guess those second-hand master and slave cylinders I was sold might not be any cop after all then, since they came off this car.  He sorted out the head, the coolant system, the dash trying to set itself on fire and repainted it.  Had it planned to go off for paint and then...  Car is broken for parts.

It's a bit weird.

I've been accused of being a bodge artist many times.  People confuse bodge with tight budget far too often.

We have got mrs fps mum a nearly new car for her 50th as a surprise, its a dollop of future shite a dacia stepway 64 plate with 15000 miles, not picked it up yet, she absolutely loves them, we can't wait until she sees it, we are surprising her with it parked on the drive on her return from holiday in a couple of weeks, covered in balloons and a bow

Makes yer praaahd to be British.

(I'd never really given the plug that much thought before, but it is quite a good invention)

Haven't watched the youtube vid, but it boils my piss to see "safety" covers shoved in 3-pin sockets. I know the boffins in the 40s already thought about it.

NO NEED!

http://www.fatallyflawed.org.uk

Really interesting stuff about UK plugs and how they were brought in.

One of the things that I hate in the US (it's a very long list) is conventional light switches and sockets in bathrooms and the crappy two pin sockets that give a nice spark when you plug something in.  In that context those safety covers are worthwhile, or at least have some theoretical value, which some fool saw as a chance to make a quick buck churning out UK versions.

my parents have got themselves another cat.

last week they were stopping at my kid sisters, and my father had to take their dog for a walk.

while walking along a canal, the dog disappeared into some bushes and wouldn't come back.

so father went to see what was so fasinating, only to find a tiny scrap of black fur huddeled up underneath it.

it was a small black kitten, thin, soaking wet and with a pathetic meaow.

he decided that he couldn't just leave it there, so, he picked it up, popped it into his coat and brought it back.

at the house, it got something tasty to eat which it gobbled back like no tomorrow.

so, he called a local vet and took it down for them to look at. the vet thinks its maybe 10 weeks old, and apart from been thin, its in good health. and when been told that my parents were going to take it in, they found it some kitten food, a blanket, toy and a basket.

now my father has little black shadow as Harley (he found it near Harley moor) loves to follow him round the house, as he loves my dad! and if dad isn't home, then the cat follows the dog, if the dog has gone to bed, then the cat goes and gets into bed with dog.... or just makes do with sleeping on mum's lap. the grand kids love him too, put the kitten on a seat, he falls asleep. he's a real lap cat!

so, some worm has dumped a little black cat, only for that little black cat to end up living with my folks.

but then, the cats that my mother has had over the years, has found my mother even when she wasn't looking for one!

I tried telling that to my wife when our kids were born.

They were bought and fitted "Just in case".

My wife works in a nursery and I've had plenty of arguments about them. She always says that it's recommended policy to put them in, but can never seem to quote where. The other month she then said that they are no longer recommend...

They're not only dangerous in defeating the sockets and can be used as a tool, but also don't have to conform to any safety standard of their own.

One thing "apparently" about the 3 pin plug ... More people have been injured from standing on them, than possible lives saved from the fuse and shutters.

my parents have got themselves another cat.

last week they were stopping at my kid sisters, and my father had to take their dog for a walk.

while walking along a canal, the dog disappeared into some bushes and wouldn't come back.

so father went to see what was so fasinating, only to find a tiny scrap of black fur huddeled up underneath it.

it was a small black kitten, thin, soaking wet and with a pathetic meaow.

he decided that he couldn't just leave it there, so, he picked it up, popped it into his coat and brought it back.

at the house, it got something tasty to eat which it gobbled back like no tomorrow.

so, he called a local vet and took it down for them to look at. the vet thinks its maybe 10 weeks old, and apart from been thin, its in good health. and when been told that my parents were going to take it in, they found it some kitten food, a blanket, toy and a basket.

now my father has little black shadow as Harley (he found it near Harley moor) loves to follow him round the house, as he loves my dad! and if dad isn't home, then the cat follows the dog, if the dog has gone to bed, then the cat goes and gets into bed with dog.... or just makes do with sleeping on mum's lap. the grand kids love him too, put the kitten on a seat, he falls asleep. he's a real lap cat!

so, some worm has dumped a little black cat, only for that little black cat to end up living with my folks.

but then, the cats that my mother has had over the years, has found my mother even when she wasn't looking for one!

My like is for the kindness and the kitten doing well

If we're putting the knife into the BS 3pin plug (pun intended), why, oh why was the cable designed to come out of the bottom? One of the very few things about the Europlug that i feel is better is that the cable almost always exits the back of the plug, so when muggins here is hoovering and someone trips on the wire, the plug will come harmlessly out of the socket 1. preventing the 'trip wire' staying taut and 2. cutting the power to the hoover (or whatever) in a safe manner. Instead the British plug either causes the hoover to become a projectile and/or causes damage to the cord/plug/socket or even backbox and plaster on the surrounding wall, in the case of one of my tenants. That's a combination of poor design and extreme clumsiness, granted, but it's muggins here that has to source a new socket (the faceplate cracked in two), backbox (mangled) and repair plaster...

Sorry, wrong thread, really.

As you were...

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

There's an echo in the room....

Bottoms.

I even looked back a bit to see if anyone had posted it! I suspect my highly reliable*, fast*, and effective* home broadband may have had a hand in me missing that as it's blatantly there to see now that I'm using work internettage.

I take them out wherever I see them now. My local doctors surgery had hundreds of the damn things fitted all over the place, so I gave the receptionist a print of the fatallyflawed front page. They all dissappered overnight.