What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Travel well young Brammy, wishing you a successful mission.

On my way to Salisbury on a (free, wooo) train. Hopefully my transport back will be something British and covered in leather....

Literally covered in leather? 1930 Riley Monaco?

post-4091-0-94056100-1517068369_thumb.jpeg

Otherwise...was it you that bought that lovely gold Metro VDP?

It's the seal on the pump that's knackered - report it to head office as it's a mega hazard.

LPG isn't on the wain in the expensive South I'm seeing more and more different vehicles at the pumps.

New Shell fillers are a PITA though so it means I can't fuel at their stations anymore.

This was a Shell garage. The staffperson was quite bothered and said she'd get it looked into "just in case" it was the pump.

To reassure anyone who thinks this should belong in another thread, I have a grin every time I fill up and that's not always the story with Aunties. I have a friend with a late 2.6 model, the one with a single 2" SU. Towing a large 50's caravan down to Devon it did 11 mpg. A week on spam for him...

I've seen a bloke a couple of times filling his C1, that must be the cheapest thing on the road to run, milk floats aside.

PS You sound like you know something about these pumps Mr Dodgerover- what is that long delay you sometimes get, especially when cold? I notice it never happens at the simple efforts like you mostly have at gas depots.

This was a Shell garage. The staffperson was quite bothered and said she'd get it looked into "just in case" it was the pump.

To reassure anyone who thinks this should belong in another thread, I have a grin every time I fill up and that's not always the story with Aunties. I have a friend with a late 2.6 model, the one with a single 2" SU. Towing a large 50's caravan down to Devon it did 11 mpg. A week on spam for him...

I've seen a bloke a couple of times filling his C1, that must be the cheapest thing on the road to run, milk floats aside.

PS You sound like you know something about these pumps Mr Dodgerover- what is that long delay you sometimes get, especially when cold? I notice it never happens at the simple efforts like you mostly have at gas depots.

If the pump isn't used for a while I think they seem to take a while to spin up enough pressure to begin flowing to the tank, especially if there is a long distance between their tanks and the pump, i'm guessing the pipework might not be as gas tight as they would like and over a day or more then the pressure will drop, literally I have held the button in at one station for almost a minute before it started to go, if its quiet you can sometimes hear the LPG pump.

How much are you paying locally for gas? The cheapest round here is 62ppl at the moment.

I've also seen some little things on gas a Toyota Aygo? maybe, there also used to be quiet a few Micras running about and a courier using a VW Caddy van for long distance stuff with 200l of gas onboard!

Chap over the road works in surveying type shit, doesn't drink but every company he deals with ladels booze on him at christmas,for the last 4 years I have received a random knock on the door and a carrier bag shoved into my hands, this years stash included a rather nice Talisker Skye single malt  :-D 

I usually get a second knock at Easter too ! 

Watching Top Gear- wrong thread?

No it's from when it was good , a Nun crushing a Tipo, Amazon and Beetle with a monster truck , Hammond in an Escalade etc.

But best of all Clarkson driving a facelift 166, ok there was a stupid bit about £50 a day depreciation and worthless houses in the North, but hey this was 2004. I'd forgotten there even was a facelift on the 166- they look amazing.

post-17414-0-25074900-1517131293_thumb.jpeg

I had the misfortune to do this job for a few weeks per year, for some years, covering a family member whilst they lorded it up abroad. 

Saturday mornings were the best as you'd deliver white liquid to various houses you couldn't see in the dark in an area you hardly knew and upon finishing that certain section of the round, you'd return down where you had first come from only to see a stream of mashed clubbers all strolling along with pints of milk in there hands. That and traffic light robberies... Yeah, really and the 50% chance of total mechanical failure at any moment, take your spanners. 

It was a shit job.

A mate telling me about a online spat,he had on a 1 make site about how a EGR valve works.

This spat started to get a little warm.With the other person shouting in SHOUTY text DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM??

Said mate starts to think maybe i'm wrong and maybe this bloke knows something so googles him.No google doesn't know who he is either.A little bit more do yo know who I am goes by,it turns out he runs a modding company for these cars.

Last i heard still arguing.