What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Amazon Alexa. I don't care if the FBI are listening. It's like having a butler, who has heard of Linkin Park.

I did say a few "key words" when at mrs fps parents by the alexa to see if the street filled with armed responce and seat come smashing through the window, but nothing happened, either he is on the watch list or no one has to worry about wearing their tin foil hats

I did say a few "key words" when at mrs fps parents by the alexa to see if the street filled with armed responce and seat come smashing through the window, but nothing happened, either he is on the watch list or no one has to worry about wearing their tin foil hats

I WANT HALF A CURLY WuRLEY AND A PACKET OF LOVE HEARTS AND THAT'S MY FINAL OFFER!

I believe those things are full of 'easter eggs', try asking it to open the pod bay doors next time.

I read that right.

"Shooting dead". It's like the next level of shooting.

"Police shoot man"

"Police shoot dead man"

Doesn't flag up as a mistake to me. It also reads OK as "Police shoot man dead" but if you were being pedantic couldn't you say there's no such thing as a "man dead" to shoot at? It's all about the inflection and how you read it, one of the many problems of written communication.

I'm currently in that there London for NYE. In a Wetherspoons near the hotel and the girlfriend finds a directory of all their pubs. She suggested we try to visit as many in London as we can before midnight/oblivion. She's a keeper.

attachicon.gifIMG_20171231_143347586.jpg

Absolute winner, get her wed pronto!

But you can shoot dead, a man.

Like I said, it's all about the inflection and timing.

but there is no comma in the title ;-) not inflection, gramma. And without getting into an English lesson, my old English teacher would have kicked my arse repeatedly for structuring something like your example and then jumped on my head for good measure (it was rough school). You would think that some twat paid to write for a living would understand that but it was the BBC I suppose.

Anyway, it was wasn’t a grammar police first post, it was just taking the piss out of the BBC for the title suggesting the cops had shot a dead man.

Eva wants to stay up until bastard midnight to watch the fireworks. Amys going out, I probably won't last until midnight. Is it bad of me to plan to change the clock to 11.55 at about 8pm, put last year's fireworks on the telly, hooray new year etc and she be in bed by half 8?

Part of me thinks it's a cunning plan, half of me thinks it's mean, plus keeping her up till midnight might get me a lie in tomorrow...

the central heating which for the last fortnight has steadfastly refused to work,

came on this morning without any issue when kerry turned it on...... (she has apparently been fiddling with the wall thermostat?)

so, hot water and a warm house.

PRICELESS!

and anyone who says how good the "good old days" were before central heating,

is talking SHIT!!