What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

scaryoldcortina, on 06 Nov 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:scaryoldcortina, on 06 Nov 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

I'd argue the "more common" bit, it's a long, long time since I've seen it written anywhere with the older spelling.

For example, the MoT computer system spells it with one L, so does the manual. Anyway, I was laughing more at the grammatical disaster that followed the unnecessary pedantry!

dollywobbler, on 06 Nov 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:dollywobbler, on 06 Nov 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

I think most publishers in the UK go with a single L. I certainly do. It looks more proper.

I do quite a bit of work for Audi, they insist on the double L for BrE spelling in their English-language literature.

I have to admit, though, I honestly didn't know which was the correct BrE spelling & had to look it up... :oops:

I drove this for the first time in a long time even if it was just up and down the yard.

Things I now know.

Brakes are shit and need bleeding. This isn't great news as I know one of the bleed nipples is stuck.

I think I need to fit a manual choke. The autochoke isn't working so the choke is open at cold start. You need to take the air filter off and push the choke shut to start it. Not ideal.

I think the starter is on it's way out.

The paints really suffered especially the bonnet. Grinder sparks have rusted into the paint. A bit unfortunate.

Once it's started it sounds good and idles fine. It drove up and down the yard so nothing is stuck.

post-1514-0-31713700-1509979236_thumb.jpg

The interior with the recaros are in after a prolonged battle.

post-1514-0-25293700-1509979287_thumb.jpg

I can recommend Iron X for removal of the grinding rust spots. My BX had rust spots all over the roof from grinding sparks, looked horrendous and always came back after cleaning off. Two months ago i applied this stuff and its not returned since. cleans alloy wheels well too.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/carpro-iron-x-500ml/prod_726.html 

Grump that turned into grin.

Installed the new shower at the weekend, after letting the silicone dry, missus Moog had the first shower and declared that it only runs hot!

Reading the troubleshooting online one of the symptoms is connecting the water pipes in the wrong holes. The water pipes that are behind aquapanels and then tiled in.

Cue 20 mins dismantling it all swearing at myself for being an idiot and connecting them wrongly, thinking about how to fix it.

Got it all apart and they are connected correctly, so just means the mixer cartridge is broken. Feel like a hero for not screwing it up! fa53f4e55ad00813a791c80758462621.jpg

Looking good and definite hero, ish, for a non screw up.

I can recommend Iron X for removal of the grinding rust spots. My BX had rust spots all over the roof from grinding sparks, looked horrendous and always came back after cleaning off. Two months ago i applied this stuff and its not returned since. cleans alloy wheels well too.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/carpro-iron-x-500ml/prod_726.html 

Excellent, I'll give that a try!

I drove this for the first time in a long time even if it was just up and down the yard.

Things I now know.

Brakes are shit and need bleeding. This isn't great news as I know one of the bleed nipples is stuck.

I think I need to fit a manual choke. The autochoke isn't working so the choke is open at cold start. You need to take the air filter off and push the choke shut to start it. Not ideal.

The paints really suffered especially the bonnet. Grinder sparks have rusted into the paint. A bit unfortunate.

Once it's started it sounds good and idles fine. It drove up and down the yard so nothing is stuck.

attachicon.gifIMG_2548.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2549.JPG

Has the metal from the grinder melted the paint or are they just stuck in it? If they are just stuck you could try some of this stuff.

https://carpro.uk.com/products/iron-x-500ml

Things I now know.

attachicon.gifIMG_2548.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2549.JPG

fishnet riccaro's i've not seen a set of them in like forever!!

come to think of it, i dunno when last saw a 2 DOOR CORTINA!!!

I entered one of these like and share competitions on Facebook.

It was for a residential intensive Spanish course by the people I did the teach yourself Welsh course with. Now knowing I was trying to learn Welsh in Wales have never spoken a word of Spanish and never plan to go to Spain, I entered. Which is fine because I never win anything.

Fast forward and this is posted on day 2 of my residential intensive Spanish course. It is SO HARD. There was actual crying. It's 9-6 and even the lunch break turns into a lecture on language acquisition.

It's a bit of gear change from full time mom (Jeremy Kyle, This Morning, Loose Women etc).

I'm hoping I get something out of it, but to say I'm out of my comfort zone is an understatement! I am away from home, first time I have been away from the kids for more than 1 day, and the other ladies are either bilingual, multilingual or already experienced in Spanish, so I am struggling with my competitive nature! They are flying through it. Me not so much!

The most frustrating bit is we are staying less than 2 miles away from home! I am on holiday 2 roads away! I asked about commuting but the guy said no. (Don't ask me where I am now though!).

Anyway the pay back is that we do this £3000 course for free in return for a before and after video. Embarrassing!

Putting it here to bookmark because fingers crossed I will be back on Friday feeling like I have learned Spanish!

It's not what I am feeling right now! But:

I am using "Saysomethinginspanish", if you have Facebook they have shared the first course for free there, I have done the first 12 lessons in 2 days, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it!

The Welsh course worked for me, after course 1 I was watching Welsh telly, following the radio, following conversations etc.