What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just had a massive fry up and loads of coffee, and later on I'm driving to Bakewell to look at some houses to buy. Houses with driveways and big gardens. The one with the biggest drive and garden "requires structural attention" which is always nice to see in an advert.

The house with the bigger drive also had a shower cubicle that opened directly out onto the landing.

post-3886-0-87033800-1506802656_thumb.jpg

It's all elementary as all this was in a 1960s extension which was falling off the side of the house. Amazing house but I don't have the balls or the wallet for it.

Amused/terrified in equal amounts earlier, I was going to the library with by daughter this morning and saw a '17 plate discovery sport (the small one? Sort of evoke size) being driven with at least one child on board with one COMPLETELY flat front tyre - as in zero PSI. It managed to navaigate 3 sharp corners, albeit at low speed, then up to 30-ish mph on the straight then disappeared off round a roundabout.

how the driver didn't notice I'll never know - those manoevres would surely have caused them to think 'hold on this is handling a bit funny today' - it must have pulled to the left like crazy and I could hear (and knew exactly what was coming before I'd seen it) the cement-mixer-full-of-wellington-boots noise thats only ever made by people driving with flat tyres, so they MUST have been able to hear it too.

baffling.

how the driver didn't notice I'll never know - those manoevres would surely have caused them to think 'hold on this is handling a bit funny today' - it must have pulled to the left like crazy and I could hear (and knew exactly what was coming before I'd seen it) the cement-mixer-full-of-wellington-boots noise thats only ever made by people driving with flat tyres, so they MUST have been able to hear it too.

baffling.

No, I can totally believe that they were blissfully ignorant. If they did notice, they probably just thought that the steering wheel needed re-upholstering and that their clever child had learnt how to imitate a rubber chicken.

Today we had a lamb roast at mrs fps mums, it's a machine that her grandad built years back and he's well in his 80s now he says he will never use it again, it absolutely peed it down but what a fantastic day had by all

Here is the lamb cooked

post-4828-0-83832900-1506811353_thumb.jpg

All hands on deck taking it off while the older guys looked on, mrs fps grandad is the white haired fella in the black jacket removing the motor

post-4828-0-72374600-1506811457_thumb.jpg

post-4828-0-01218200-1506811407_thumb.jpg

Myself and my brother drove down to Goodwood yesterday to scatter our favourite Uncle's ashes where he grew up.

That's not the grin, although it was nice seeing relations we don't see often.

The grin was overtaking a lorry on the motorway and as I got level with the cab the rear tyre exploded with a bang that made all of us jump out of ours skins.

The grin was not being directly alongside that tyre, the whole thing came right off the rim.

I guess I didn't translate "bon etat" very well....

Apparently it means "fucked"

Bloody thing didn't even run, probably something to do with the Heath Robinson fuel pump in the rear foot well and the myriad of red flashing lights.

Adding fuel and a booster battery resulted in a strong smell of fuel and eventually a puddle of LHM appearing from the steering rack, but no signs of V6 goodness. 

There was a crack in the windscreen and all four tyres were shot too.

It was also covered in bird shit and leaves.

Talking of leaves..... that's exactly what I did.

Sorry for grump in the grin thread.

A few grins today:

Got a seemingly well loved new daily, tons of invoices for servicing and it even had work done in a Porsche main dealer?!!

The Tipo has now been insured with FJ for a year, and goes for MOT tomorrow.

I now have a fleet of insured cars. FINALLY. 

Also, picked up some (OEM) alloys today from a bit of Bristol and it was a shite haven. Like going back in time. Looked a bit rough mind you....

Doing my weekly car wash of the FWD* WBOD Streetshite and a bloke walking his dog chirps up - 'so nice to see a British car still running, and one is such nice condition'.

We then had a long chat about MG Rover, turns out he owned an 827 Sterling for many years. He was a West Midlander who moved Eastside to Nott'm 16 years ago and he was bemoaning the loss of Longbridge and how it's so badly polluted on that site he's amazed they're gonna build housing on it. Great bloke - recommended me a really good local garage (reinforcing what I'd already heard on the street about them).

Made a change for someone not to say 'watch the head gasket on that, mate....' which is what I usually get from the older generation.

Got my TV stand today courtesy of NorfolkNWeigh and Bucketeer. Finally put a face to a name to Alex aka; Bucketeer - Thanks for the TV stand, delivery and also getting it into my flat! Got it all plugged in and working now, just trying now to configure the living room to fit it in with the rest of my stuff.

Also, a massively belated but BIG thanks to Joe for the Volvo expansion tank (delivered by FPB7) some months back. Been meaning to send a thanks but embarrasingly forgot your username on here :sad:

I've been looking for a mid sized automatic for Mrs Frogchod for a while.

So obviously I'm going to look at a V6 auto XM today :)

I hope it's a goodun...

https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1307485802.htm?ca=4_s

Yep, I got a response from Leboncoin, on a Sunday !

Why not look at that V6 estate you pointed out to me? Then I can buy it off you later and not have to negotiate with a non shiter.

I guess I didn't translate "bon etat" very well....

Apparently it means "fucked"

Bloody thing didn't even run, probably something to do with the Heath Robinson fuel pump in the rear foot well and the myriad of red flashing lights.

Adding fuel and a booster battery resulted in a strong smell of fuel and eventually a puddle of LHM appearing from the steering rack, but no signs of V6 goodness. 

There was a crack in the windscreen and all four tyres were shot too.

It was also covered in bird shit and leaves.

Talking of leaves..... that's exactly what I did.

Sorry for grump in the grin thread.

Shame you are not closer

http://autoshite.com/topic/29570-swap-your-small-hatchback-for-my-xm/

Mine runs and is really nice!

post-19512-0-26863700-1506894783_thumb.jpg

This bloody avensis. Ive been feeling shit lately and resorted to just pissing off into the wilderness of Derbyshire with my thoughts. Now the avensis is bland,boring,looks very ropey on the bodywork but underneath,tyres,engine box etc all seem fine in the past 4k ive done in it. I jump in it and go,economy isnt far off the diesel xantia i had,its very comfy and just does what its asked. Automatic is a godsend too. Such a boring car but so capable and underestimated

We've not had the fallout of people claiming stuff doesn't work etc yet.

I did manage to get £half of that through the back door as paypal gifts or cash by replying to peoples "how much for cash" offers with a photo of the item with my mobile number and "£100" written on some masking tape.