What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

At a guess, somewhere near Murrayfield stadium ? There's a few shady backstreet dealers around that area. The trams are great, but at the same time (as I neither live nor work on the route) completely useless. Enjoy yourself in the capital and have a safe flight tomorrow

Yep that's were it was.we are in the Premier Inn along the track,opposite a retail park

buying another silver car to match the wife's silver car , and that 20 year ( or more ) old tin of Hammerite smooth silver paint has nicely thickened up to almost filler consistency and will cover anything :-)

Cannot find the old black and whites  thread so here will do. these are sitting on my desk at the moment.

1943 -- Mother in sideways hat (sooo stylish) and father in uniform leaving for their honeymoon.

Car is 1939 Plymouth that belonged to mum's father.

post-2915-0-65260800-1501460895_thumb.jpg

Then later a while, Father with his 1961 Zephyr with his production No 2.

Car was bought in 1961 and replaced by a Mk3 in 1963 so it's new but a bit used looking.

post-2915-0-36338400-1501460909_thumb.jpg

MEGALOLZ - I think I posted in the Grumpy thread last month the massive ballsup that was my Virgin Media braodband going down for about 10 days.

Well they sent me a new hub, and it's been on and off pretty much every day due to "local issues" according to the status checker... but only really for 5-10 minutes per day, nothing too bad. Friday was worse, and then Saturday and Sunday it rebooted over 200 times trying to get a connection. Didn't care, wasn't at home. Today is just back to being mildly annoying with 4 or 5 reboots through te day.

Phoned up to log it, as you can't get compensation without telling them there's a fault even though it's a local fault, and the recording on the phone tells you this and basically implies you're better off hanging up and not bothering them.

The old dear that I eventually got through to has misread the notes, misunderstood me, and backdated my compensation to the middle of June instead of last Friday so it's come to something like £52 - I was expecting less than a fiver.

Hooray!

20170731_164356.jpg

Been clearing out a damp garage of a house we bought recently and this was on the back of the top shelf.

A sticker on the lid says 29p.

I think it would have been the perfect boot/glovebox accessory for a diehard exhibitor at the recent FOTU.

Anyone want it?,it still works...

This goes excellent with a Pineapple and a giant Ozone hole

Being on my holiday in France and seeing some rather impressive stuff. Not just the domestic makes but unexpected Italian and Japanese finds too. It may be a few weeks before I sort everything out and do a proper update, but for now:

post-79-0-58506900-1501567589_thumb.jpg

I'd seen a couple of these here last year, but their '80s-'90s collection seems to be growing. This year I wandered onto the premises, spoke some rubbish French and the owner let me have a look around. These were in the workshop: 

post-79-0-29949000-1501568070_thumb.jpg

Haven't got a clue what the grey thing is. Simca was an early one with round rear lights.

post-79-0-56461300-1501568138_thumb.jpg

He also had a smart little 4CV in the showroom (along with a load of model cars in display cabinets, but no modern cars) and various other stuff out in the yard.

Am hoping to do the same with a couple of garage-type places where I'm now staying that, even from the road, I can see have some good things festering away. 

I've just been reminded of this video. Retro Rides Gathering in 2009.

Next gathering is 20th August at Shelsley Walsh, and the 2CV will be in action once again! After I've taken her to Ireland. Anyone else planning to go? Moan about 'the blue' all you like, but the Gatherings remain a cracking day out.

Watanabe is back until further notice. 

Fuck you all.

I have put Watanabe back in stasis. 

He sorted something out that was vexing me. Watanabe - who still exists -  isn't as mustard as EvilNastyWarrenTClaim but he's still enough of a cunt to do things alcyonecorporation/George Burns/Deedoodle The Duck can't. 

Thank you for your co-operation. 

I have put Watanabe back in stasis.

He sorted something out that was vexing me. Watanabe - who still exists - isn't as mustard as EvilNastyWarrenTClaim but he's still enough of a cunt to do things alcyonecorporation/George Burns/Deedoodle The Duck can't.

Thank you for your co-operation.

What?

I think he's just outed himself as having multiple log in accounts. Presumably as a result of multiple personality syndrome.

Not on here, no. 

I just have the one log on here and the mods will confirm that. Watanabe and dugong were deactivated at my request. There's just the one of me. thank christ. 

Watanabe is a state of mind. 

And swearing. 

I could write it in savvy??????????????????@@@@@@@@@@@@malkovich if you like?