What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

this place!!

near fatal gunshot wound from a burst of 90 cal mounted on the back of a shite 1980s Toyota and it bounces back.

Autoshite is no Black Knight

It is a far greater lunatic

Not only can it save base chod with enthusiasm but it can drag itself back to its feet 

Range Rover failed the MOT. The grin.... Only cost £59.00 for a drop link to get a pass!! Also the only advisory was for weeping oil. I said it's a bloody Land Rover and they leak everything-including electric! Mechanic said not to worry as at least the oil is preventing corrosion. Not bad for a 170'000 P38!

Bit of switching this week. Dumping Sky for BT, realising my broadband deal delivered speeds my line can't handle meaning a downgrade made sense, cheaper energy tariff, mortgage refix, it all adds up.

End result is another £100 a month into the kids Uni accounts. Better it goes to their education than to a utility. Seriously I don't know why everyone doesn't do the energy thing. It's not hard at all once you have a good idea of your annual usage (which the providers supply on request) and the sense of apathy many of us may have disappears when you realise how much you can save.

Next up - changing Bank accounts. Been with Co-Op for Donkeys (and HSBC) but the total lack of interest makes no sense. Not when I can get 5% interest on a regular saver account with Nationwide.

Quite enjoy this saving mullarkey!

I was at South queens ferry today, you know hanging out with the  3 bridges and that. I saw loads of fancy motors for some reason including an Lamborghini Hurracan, and 17 plate Ferrari FF (I think).

Anyway they're all expensive and boring. In Tesco car park there was a slightly wobbly looking Ferrari 328. The owners are sitting in it not doing anything but occasionally the horn will beep and there'll be some clicking noises. Eventually it fired up and sounded gr8.

I guess it wouldn't start and they were trying to coax some sticking relay or dodgy immobiliser into action.

I was already reaching for my jump leads but alas I never got that picture.

They're like a 308 in shoulder pads

ferrari3.jpg

A friend has gone to Knockhill with his P4 and single seater. He uses this as the tractor for his transport 'Rig'...It was originally a dropside truck. He rescued it from a scrapyard and shortened the chassis and extended the cab...

post-47-0-93618400-1494706836_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-24983100-1494706847_thumb.jpg

Guest Hooli

The ex Mrs Hooli was here today & said she couldn't get the bonnet open on her Caddy. Took ten mins to open it & as long to free the mech up so it'd shut again. Made me chuckle because if only everything was a reliable as a volkswagen...

All she needed to do was top up the washer fluid.

So as I posted elsewhere, I went to Truxx Factor today. There was truck racing, a show and shine, some traction engines and tractors and stuff.

And there was a truck pull. We went to watch, me and the good lady, thinking it would be a spectator sport.

"Anyone in the crowd want a go?"

And this happened. This is Mrs_Pillock, and an eight tonne Scania.

IMG_20170513_145623.jpg

Took the CF camper in for it's mot this morning, I was slightly nervous because of it's lack of use over the winter that I really should have given the brakes a clean before taking it but time didn't allow that. Initially they were a little unbalanced but holding the pedal lightly on the rolling road saw them straighten up quite quickly.

Everything else was spot on, no advisories and I think my tester really wanted it as he kept going on about how good and solid it was.

Now it's got a full ticket on it I'm taking a few days off next week to give it some well deserved attention.

post-5550-0-65404900-1494759472_thumb.jpg

Driving this thing makes me smile every time.

Sons 8th birthday party yesterday.

I didn't really think it through when he said he wanted a nerf gun party.

18 kids, 500+ bullets and multiple guns...

It's not that getting shot by one hurts, but a barrage of 10 or more at once gets a little wearing(!)

I'm just thankful it wasn't raining and they could spend most of the time outside shooting each other from at least some distance. Everyone went home with the same amount of legs, arms and most importantly eyes, that they arrived with. :)

Super excited as looking to buy my first shite car for 18 years (not owned anything since a crapped out Cavalier, which lasted me a week)

Gonna go and view this tomorrow (Micra K11c, super rare 1.4 SE+, top spec, Y reg). Been after one of these for ages, with this particular spec, seller wants four bar for it, very low mileage, seems to sale through MOTs (he sent me a load of other photos, and aside from some rust on one of the doors - and some bird shit on the wing by the looks of it, he assures me it's solid)

$_86.JPG