What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

My girlfriend has just arrived home from her shift change at 22:00. Her senior officer has just said "By the way, before you go, I have news for you. Congratulations Sergeant, you are now an Inspector. See me tomorrow evening, here's the paperwork. Well done, Ruth."

I have a lump in my throat, she's in the shower and I'm trying not to burn her dinner.

My girlfriend has just arrived home from her shift change at 22:00. Her senior officer has just said "By the way, before you go, I have news for you. Congratulations Sergeant, you are now an Inspector. See me tomorrow evening, here's the paperwork. Well done, Ruth."

I have a lump in my throat, she's in the shower and I'm trying not to burn her dinner.

Congratulations and fair play to her, she must have put in some proper graft for that.

Not really a grump or grin as such but I don't know where else to post it.

Want some Carb cleaner, keep forgetting to get some so had a look on Google.

Same can 500ml

Halfords £7 (I've a trade card but doesn't say what discount is)

Euro Car parts £4.79

Amazon £5.40

Tool station (differnt make 400ml) £2.68

Ignoring the bottom one it just shows price verses convenience difference and stuff like that.

How much petrol does it cost to drive to town to pick something up verses a quid of so more to have it delivered for free?

The Canada geese on the business park have just had little geese-ettes, we started off with 2, they bred last year and had 7 babies, one was taken to a sanctuary because it's wings hadn't developed properly and two just disappeared.

Usually they all stay together but a few weeks back they all seemed to pair off and do their own thing, obviously some breeding ritual. I love sitting outside at break times watching them, beautiful birds.

C1C96C2E-788C-403E-8057-F6859997B8A1.png

Took this for a test for a friend, was quite nice to drive but quite a bit too 'nice' for me.

post-17457-0-91509600-1492699158_thumb.jpg

The tester had a quick look over before he started and said he would be surprised if there was any issues to which he was proved correct.

It is quite nice when people look after their cars and it shows.

I got back in Patch afterwards and I know which I preferred and it was mine :)

I drive past a bombsite car dealer every now and then. He has some interesting (to me) stuff, but I never went in as there are no prices on anything, which means you have to ask a price for each car and he will sell them for whatever he can screw out of you, which is a fairly standard practice here that I just cant be arsed with.

I saw today that he had decided to change business model, invested in a paint pen and had written prices and brief specs on the windscreens so I swerved over for a look. First point of note was all cars covered in a thick layer of dust....not much stock movement, apparently. 

Early P38 diesel, manual - 8k.

Frontera A 2.5 SWB - 4.7k.

Frontera B TDS - 7k

Mercedes ML - 8k.

There was a load of saloons, mostly 90s Merc and bimmers all for similarly retarded prices.

lol

I drive past a bombsite car dealer every now and then. He has some interesting (to me) stuff, but I never went in as there are no prices on anything, which means you have to ask a price for each car and he will sell them for whatever he can screw out of you, which is a fairly standard practice here that I just cant be arsed with.

I saw today that he had decided to change business model, invested in a paint pen and had written prices and brief specs on the windscreens so I swerved over for a look. First point of note was all cars covered in a thick layer of dust....not much stock movement, apparently.

Early P38 diesel, manual - 8k.

Frontera A 2.5 SWB - 4.7k.

Frontera B TDS - 7k

Mercedes ML - 8k.

There was a load of saloons, mostly 90s Merc and bimmers all for similarly retarded prices.

lol

Christ, I need to buy stuff and ship it to France.....

Frontera works out at £1200,P38 at £2k

post-8026-0-45241900-1492801957_thumb.png

post-8026-0-02128700-1492801982_thumb.png

Guest Hooli

3dd48057aa6bbf77f17f2bcd4d303f32.jpg

At least three errors here in the Daily Fail (not mine!!)

Not a Defender.

Not a Mk1 RR.

Can't read the reg but if that's the Bond Aston it's not a DB5, it's a DB4 dressed up by the factory.