What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I am now at last in a position where I can buy the parts for the Camry estate. Just placed a £320 order for a load of Blueprint/KYB stuff, now to book it in and get it fitted. With fingers crossed that they can fix everything with what I’ve bought, I’m going book it into the next RAF Marham trackday. For the sake of £70 it’s probably worth a speculative punt, and if not I’ll just go in one of the others and blag some rides out. Very pleased to be finally getting somewhere with it.

Did you run any 'hard to source' parts through Mick's Garage, Ireland?

Got the full set of dampers for my Toyyo & cheap! - no local factor could find the part no... let alone an actual part!!

TS

Alfa Romeos!  A call from Philibusmo and Petrolize this afternoon led them to my place to dump Phil's Alfa v6 at my house and borrow my 1994 Mazda to carry on their long journey to Auckland. Much water was consumed by the Alfa and a decision was made to swop for something reliable to save the head gaskets exploding. And goodbye to Petrolize , it has been a pleasure to know you. He will be back in Scottish land in about 2 1/2 weeks.

I have this delight to care for tonight, But they forgot to leave the keys.

attachicon.gifphil & paul 002.JPG

And as Petrolize is leaving the country I can publish his photo without fear of retribution.

Philibusmo drives Petrolize to the Airport.

attachicon.gifphil & paul 001.JPG

Philbusmo looks as if he's not far off needing these:

vintage-hand-shearing-sheep-shears-marke

Anyone remember that story of the pensioner that attracted the ire of his village for buying a yellow car?

_95408699_swns_yellow_car_006.jpg

It was later vandalised but he still refused to get rid of it, and today there was a big yellow car rally in support of him

17596819_1856883797894686_65118248019532

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-39456449

So there's a couple of local community Facebook groups I need to keep an eye on for work... now I fucking hate Facebook and all it stands for, so there's no way they're getting my details, hence I register with a bogus name.

All works well for a week or so, until it refuses to let me in, saying I need to verify my identity. Again, there's no way they're getting any personal info off me, so I ignore this for a week or so, and then I started to wonder... if they make a lot of these requests, I bet they don't have a real-live human checking them?

So I get on the web and find a student union card...

University-Card-Student.jpg

MS Paint was used to doctor the details, although I left the picture of the girl on cos I was too lazy to change it. Then I decided a birth certificate would be good. Choosing my favourite design, I filled it in and sent them both to Facebook:

Dog-Birth-Certificate-Free-Download-in-W

It worked :-D

So there's a couple of local community Facebook groups I need to keep an eye on for work... now I fucking hate Facebook and all it stands for, so there's no way they're getting my details, hence I register with a bogus name.

I'm sure there is a website that will generate a fake persona, facebook id, email addresses, hobbies etc.

I royally smoked someone off at the lights before, they followed me for about 1.5 miles and pulled in 20 yards away from where I parked. It was my neighbour's up-her-own-arse stuck up bint of a daughter.

As well as buying the Puma book, there was a guy who rents a unit at Coventry Fargo Village who paints pictures using RC cars.

Splots a load of paint on a canvas, drives cars around in it to paint. Seriously talented.

fe67f7cdc9b051a55f944b7fbfb8aa65.jpg

4557fde9f264b8f4e975b1f5638961aa.jpg

Also had a great big Scalextric and he seems to keep all the dead cars he's used.

Yellow car rally... was it a piss poor BBC

April fool?

Don't think this was an April Fool, can't see how anyone would object to a friendly colour like yellow - more likely the total lack of charm of the little Vauxhal's shape, to which a stand-out hue attracted attention.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/03/targeted-vandals-bright-yellow-car-blamed-ruining-viewin-cotswold/

My airbnb in bristol was lovely, but now it's time to wake up, buggar off and find another bloke from our hoover club, then off to wellington in somerset to play with these!

"must not buy loads of shit, must not buy loads of shit... "

Don't bother coming back without that Constellation in the bottom right.

went out olli-ing at Tixover Quarry today.My mate got his car stuck in the water so I reversed down to him and hooked a rope on the Discovery and began dragging him out.It's a steep slope with a large rut half way up.I hit the rut and BANG no drive.Oh bugger.

Two trailered petrol cars sounding very poorly due to deep water and my car was driven there but now won't.

Hang on a minute, the Nokia 6110 was on charge in the centre console infront of the high/low lever.Going up the slope then dipping down into the rut dislodged the (heavy and robust) phone which knocked the transfer box into neutral. :-D