What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

we were out in our work tourneo earlier heard grinding from the front left brake then heard an almighty bang, the lad who was driving said fuck ive got no brakes as i heard a ting ta ting ting, the brake pad made a bid for freedom, they have tried to fob us off saying the van gets checked every saturday, my arse it does

post-4828-0-96834200-1479322280_thumb.jpg

the piston also popped out of the caliper pissing fluid everywhere

post-4828-0-63565200-1479322385_thumb.jpg

old school chap came out to us, mole grips on the flexi and we were on our way back to work, i drove back

I thought I saw Van Morrison in a car park in Chester years ago, but then realised I was looking in the mirror and it was actually a Morrisons Van.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There's a building services company here called Morrison's (ex Gateshead Council) and on of their vans had signwritten above the windscreen "Van Morrison"

Oddly enough their yard was bulldozed to turn into a Morrisons supermarket.

Just thought I would say how brilliant the Co-Op Bank is.

Got a text at 5.15 saying "are you withdrawing cash in Spain right now?" or words to that effect, to which I said no.

Immediately phone rings and it's the Fraud people. "Yes Mr Parky, we thought your card may have been cloned because it is unusual for you to attempt so many large purchases and cash withdrawals in such a small space of time. We have stopped all the attempts and are cancelling the card so it can't be used again". Whatever system they use works nicely as being without my card for a few days is better than having thousands ripped out of my account.

I suspect it was cloned at a Liverpool petrol station. Paid for fuel and used my credit card and I remember the guy saying that the terminal wasn't working, could I try again with another one, oh yes this one went through, thank you sir, etc. I bet the first machine was a scanner as the only other time I used my card this year was to buy train tickets from a machine in Stockholm!

Seems some folk are having a lovely holiday in Spain using other people's cards so a call to the Fuzz might be in order

May i kindly ask which petrol station this was? I'll happily epoxy all the pumps to the holders overnight to make you feel better, pm me if preferred

Not being from the area it was very much a case of "red light on, oh shit, this place will have to do" And I was lost! But I will have a look through my receipts and see if I can find it. I would have kept it for my expenses claim.

I don't really want their pumps epoxy'd but I wouldn't mind Plod popping in to ask about their spare card reader. That's if it is them of course, it is so hard to prove. Maybe I wouldn't be so relaxed about it if they had ripped a few grand off me.

When I got the call I was a tad suspicious it might be a setup so I asked which office the lady was calling from. When she said Skelmersdale I said "oh nice, it's lovely there" and her strong north west accented reply of "no it isn't, it's horrid and it's always raining" proved to me she was definitely from Skem where the co-op offices are.

When I got the call I was a tad suspicious it might be a setup so I asked which office the lady was calling from. When she said Skelmersdale I said "oh nice, it's lovely there" and her strong north west accented reply of "no it isn't, it's horrid and it's always raining" proved to me she was definitely from Skem where the co-op offices are.

Love it.  Can I use this as exemplar material in information security training?

I have had a bit of a wierd afternoon... thinking. I was idly wondering if dogs have 'real' names? Like: dog goes up to my mutt and says: ' woof, woof, wooooooof, wooferty woof' which translates as: 'hey up pal, what's your name?'

I have never heard Chester (or Phoebe for that matter but then she doesn't speak to other dogs - far too stuck up :)   ) reply: ' wooferty, woof, wooooof, wof woofer, woo!' which translates as: ' what ho geezer, my name is Chester.'

So, I reckon his real name cannot be 'Chester' it is probably 'thickfuckerfartslots' or something similar which is why the BASTARD NEVER COMES BACK WHEN I CALL HIM!!!!!!!!

I have had a bit of a wierd afternoon... thinking. I was idly wondering if dogs have 'real' names? Like: dog goes up to my mutt and says: ' woof, woof, wooooooof, wooferty woof' which translates as: 'hey up pal, what's your name?'

I have never heard Chester (or Phoebe for that matter but then she doesn't speak to other dogs - far too stuck up :)   ) reply: ' wooferty, woof, wooooof, wof woofer, woo!' which translates as: ' what ho geezer, my name is Chester.'

So, I reckon his real name cannot be 'Chester' it is probably 'thickfuckerfartslots' or something similar which is why the BASTARD NEVER COMES BACK WHEN I CALL HIM!!!!!!!!

That's a bit Terry Pratchett.

I remember reading in one of his Discworld novels a character had a goat. The goat did not have a name in human language, as the owner operated on the assumption the goat already had a name in goat language, so it would be rude to rename it.

What Ho geezer? Methinks Chester cannot decide if he is posh or cockney!

So, I reckon his real name cannot be 'Chester' it is probably 'thickfuckerfartslots' 

"No, xxx (or whatever your name is in dog), don't buy that Bentley, it'll be a terrible financial adventure!" , is what Chester is probably thinking right now while simultaneously being smug for you having provided such a comfortable pew for his biological warfare behind.