What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Driving the Cadillac.  Today I was coming home from work with my window down, and had to stop at a give-way.  Three teenagers were approaching from my left on the pavement and paying no attention, until they suddenly spotted the car four feet in front of them.  Cue cries of "Cheech and Chong car!"

Cheech and Chong?  Talk about a random unexpected reference!  Well done those lads.

Edited to add: just driving the Cadillac anyway, any time, anywhere. :)

top of the pops from 1982 again.

now its will smith singing men in black, galaxy defenders......

except he's wearing a dress and seems to have forgotten the words!

(ok it wasn't, but it was the original song that MiB sampled, pretty much in its entirety.... :-D )

lmao patrice russian :D

post-7547-0-36343600-1475917286_thumb.jpg

I bought this 4.5m canoe 12 years ago cheap off eBay. I fetched it back from Oxford on the roof of my sadly missed Metro which was soon to be nicked 20 minutes after my daughter parked it outside her house in Salford. That it took 20 minutes is a sad reflection on the skills of today's criminal fraternity, but I digress.

I became less happy about balancing it on the roof of a small car because the Morris Traveller that replaced Metro had nailed on guttering so a roof rack was iffy when heavily loaded. The landrover will need a special rack making as part of the gutter is gone and though leaving a trailer anywhere is a pain in the arse (even a home made one) getting the thing out has re-kindled my interest, so a tow it had to be.

The canoe gathered bird-shit for several years but on Thursday my wife and I took it to the Nene near Oundle and launched it at the Marina there. (It goes the other way up to how it's shown in the picture.)

Where I live in the fens we have drains rather than rivers and because they have high banks to stop the water escaping the views are not good, but being on the river where I long ago hired a locally built Ford Kent powered Fairline was perfect. You have to take the boat out to get round the locks, but they make it easy for you with special access points- actually it's a bit too easy as we didn't manage to fall in once. I can't recommend it enough, especially as the destination was the small brewery at Oundle where you can tie up and buy a pint or even a barrel. I don't remember any more.

Driving the Cadillac.  Today I was coming home from work with my window down, and had to stop at a give-way.  Three teenagers were approaching from my left on the pavement and paying no attention, until they suddenly spotted the car four feet in front of them.  Cue cries of "Cheech and Chong car!"

It's only an ambulance.

I have just discovered this blog on Gaydon's website which is proper interesting for any BMC/BL dweebs like me:

https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/archive/document-of-the-month

That launch is the very thing that got me looking at boats again Scruff, albeit on a smaller scale. I like the idea of owning an inboard engined boat like the ones Fairline used to build but realised that transport is hard enough to maintain without keeping it in a pond.post-7547-0-55282300-1475930368_thumb.jpg

Old Fairline,

post-7547-0-31778100-1475930619_thumb.jpg

The sort they make now, I'd rather swim.

My daughter's just come from a driving lesson. Apparently some cyclist came tear arsing up the inside of the car, stopped at the lights and leant against a lamppost to answer his 'phone. Only he didn't lean against the lamppost as he missed it and went straight over!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, they're criminally awful. Love it, well found!

On both Radio2 and 4 this week, there has been a trail for a competition for " Young brass of the year".

I can't be the only one to snigger at this, surely?

Topped by New Zealand radio The Rock FM's "NZ Next Top Hooker" contest

(Its about fishing)

I love it when the clients let me use their wifi connection, listening in to Rock Nights - every building site needs a mandatory Metallica song, shame theres so many bloody adverts though. Better than Planet Rock IMO the different time zone and Auckland road report tend to confuse people too

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/296928/the-music-stops-going-round-as-desmond-carrington-quits-bbc-radio-2-show/

Thank fuck.

I think the reason he's kept going so long is a planning issue with his house- it's not supposed to be a residential property so he had to keep broadcasting from it to fulfil the planning conditions.

29922093650_cc015538e2_b.jpg

As mentioned elsewhere we had the 2cv annual duck race today. we then convoyed to the apple fair at Blackmore. Whilst picnicking behind the cars ( we had a special area) My sister and brother in law were kept amused by the comments from members of the public passing by.

Including ...

They have Brie! ( my favourite!)

Theyre not good in a flood!

My dad used to call them cheese boards -( my BIL nearly chased after them to ask why!)

Are they Citroens?!

My mum used to have one but it stopped!

post-8687-0-27042700-1476044752_thumb.jpeg