What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Bugger me, the Toyota's only gone and passed as well.  Two passes in one day is unprecedented in the wuvvum fleet as far as I can recall.

It actually failed on a wiper blade, but they just fitted a new one (charging me the grand sum of £6.59 for the privilege) then passed it.  So, including the Spacy, I now have 12 MOT'd vehicles in the fleet.

Also, last night I went to see my mate who I bought the MG off.  I mentioned the leaking coolant pipe and he told me that he had a spare pair that had come with his other F which I could have for nowt.  They're not immaculate but they're perfectly servicable - I've just given them a wire brush and Kurust on the surface-rusty bits, later on I'll give them a coat of black enamel and then weather permitting I'll fit them tomorrow.  Certainly beats forking out 70 quid for a new pair of stainless pipes...

Right, that's it......off to buy it now

Look what else is in the game!

post-19977-0-02491300-1475324997_thumb.png

post-19977-0-22159100-1475325028_thumb.png

I didn't keep it standard for long. It now has a supercharger and a 6 speed gearbox. The suspension and brakes are completely standard though. It's quite amusing to wallow around in. :D

Just got home to find a "sorry I missed you" card from MyHermes.  It didn't have a reference number or a redelivery date but it did have a contact number so rang it and spoke to the courier.  "What address was it mate?"  I told him my address.  "Oh yeah, green Volvo, dodgy paint job".  I can guarantee that if I'd had a silver Hyundai i20 on the drive he wouldn't have remembered the house...

A few weeks ago my wife and her friends went to a wanky restaurant where one of them had a roll served in what appeared to be a cat litter tray.

14333104_10153803608581053_4324846072946

As a punishment I've been serving her lunch on things that aren't plates, this is today's offering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6J2Wv_JGXo

I do hope you trundled the jack into the room and raised the bap up to her hydraulically.

Just got home to find a "sorry I missed you" card from MyHermes.  It didn't have a reference number or a redelivery date but it did have a contact number so rang it and spoke to the courier.  "What address was it mate?"  I told him my address.  "Oh yeah, green Volvo, dodgy paint job".  I can guarantee that if I'd had a silver Hyundai i20 on the drive he wouldn't have remembered the house...

Every time we get a parcel the guy comments on what ever various shite heaps I have on the drive to Mrs Cort. I think he's paying more attention to my cars changing than she is.

need new boots before i go to spain in 3 weeks

from glossop happened to pass a j and s

we do stock them but we havent got any atm

brum have some.......... fek - i dont have time and its too far

northwich didnt have any

leeds shop will be rung tomorrow

annoying thing is from newport pagnell this morning i coulda gone to either nottm or leics shop :(

just happened to pass manc shop and it made me remember

grin is need a new lid too and the arai i was looking at they have for 280 - i will be buying one for 199 from elsewhere very soon

That whale picture is really sad, such a wonderful creature dead on a beach :(

I'm happy because it's been an ace weekend. Did a gardening job Sat morning, literally shut the door of the van when I'd finished and it started pissing down. Then I went and got the Clio, sorted out the collection/ payment of the Tigra from my computer and got absolutely wankered last night watching a Smiths tribute band, who were really good. The icing on the cake was them finishing on my favourite number 'There Is A Light'. Just superb.

Today I've cleaned the Clio which has come up a treat with a little effort, we fitted the standard double din stereo back into the Tigra (needs fitting properly but does the job) and built a wooden small kids type chalet in the back for the dog, cats and rabbit to use.

To top that off, I must have been the first person in the world who was too pissed to buy a Renault. A trader mate offered me a 2003/4 Megane petrol for £50 (tested well into next year) as it was a part-ex, had no battery and needs tyres. He wanted it gone today and I had to sack it as I don't drive the day after a good session on the ale.

Today I've cleaned the Clio which has come up a treat with a little effort, we fitted the standard double din stereo back into the Tigra (needs fitting properly but does the job) and built a wooden small kids type chalet in the back for the dog, cats and rabbit to use.

We need to see pictures of this wooden chalet in the back of a Tigra.

Was there an earlier set of rules? After all, the Minor had its headlamps moved for regulations - I thought US but that they decided to apply it across the board. Then I think there was another change in the late 1960s, which drove the headlamp move on the Series Land Rovers, before a whole host of new Federal requirements in the Seventies that caused the MGB to have its suspension hiked.

yes - Berkeley had lights on stalks for the US market, in the same way that in britain Messerschmitt got torpedo lamps at rear due to the fact that rear lights were too close together for c&u regulations.

I've just watched TED. And now I feel dirty. But it did have Sam J Jones in it basically playing Flash Gordon so I enjoyed it.

Other car related Tv, is that I've been watching chasing classic cars on quest. Quite fun, but most of the ones that apparently need a total restoration I'd happily be driving about in. The Americans seem to like gleaming better than new cars to put in their garage and not use.