What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Had the final inspection by our house buyer's mortgage company last Friday,which must have gone well as the buyer has announced she wants to be done and in by the end of the month.....This month....

Excellent, only issue you may have is lazy lawyers. 

The lawyer I use managed to buy a house for someone in 10 days, he had to hassle the other party's lawyer every day to make it happen though!

Well, this afternoon that escalated quickly :-(

Anyway, my mam says she'll lend us the dipper til I flog the van, and it looks as though I'll be living in her spare room for a bit.

Bloody hell!

However, you're living my dream. A house to yourself with a workshop for the cars.

Skip to about 8 minutes for an AMAZING machine that is amazing and does stuff.

Cold War Motors is a great channel/group anyway, you should check out their other stuff too.  I only found them through here when someone posted one of their videos and it's been excellent entertainment ever since.

Entered a competition at a local bike place, fastest time over one kilometer on a turbo trainer. Cracked it in 54 seconds and won a signed Team GB cycle shirt. Not bad for a fat 52 year old asthmatic! Three out of the five people who went immediately before me were lads probably about 19-22 and built like pencils.

image.jpeg

A friend of mine lives in buckfastleigh and on visiting her and going to the abbey I can't quite work out the link between drunk Scotsmen and Devon monks?

I live quite near Buckfastleigh, and I have never seen anyone actually drinking the stuff. Nor, thinking about it, have I ever seen any for sale except in the abbey, so if it's sold in off licences presumably it isn't very prominent. Apparently it's actually a really popular drink hundreds of miles away.

There seems to be a stash of Scotch whisky in every house round here though. I've never been to Scotland but I assume the Scots drink whisky as well as Buckfast tonic wine? It would be odd to discover that Scottish people never drink Laphroaig and Devonians never drink Buckfast

I got beeped at for not moving, sat there with the indicator on waiting for a gap. Beep = instant fail). How was I to know you just nose out and hope the car about to not look right stops in time?

What, someone beeps at you during your driving test and you automatically fail?

I know 17/18 year olds who would probably think it was a proper laugh to follow their mates round during their test, beeping for troll lolz

Laurel apparently went straight through its MoT today with no issues. The coolant leak was a split hose from the block to the heater matrix, they just shortened it very slightly and all is fine now.

With decent weather forecast I’ll try to use it as much as possible before winter. And hoping for no more errant Skoda Fabias crashing into me….

mrs fp sent me this link to a house for sale, she thinks its a closet shiter who lives there

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-39294795.html?utm_source=sendtofriend&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=buying

That seems cheap, it would be 80k more around here, dread to think what it would be in Kent!

Well, this afternoon that escalated quickly :-(

Anyway, my mam says she'll lend us the dipper til I flog the van, and it looks as though I'll be living in her spare room for a bit.

Shit! Am I reading between the lines right that you're now moving house, but you're now single? That's a bit harsh.

"Alright love, I've seen this great house that.... "

"GET OUT!"

It's more worrying that there *needs* to be a month people are encouraged to be sober really.  In the jobs I've had, after work drinks seem most common with office jobs, where the employees apparently work very little and get very stressed about it and need a little drinkypoo before they can cope with the weekend of terrible television they intend to watch.  If you struggle to be sober for a month and only try it at the behest of a charity drive thing then it's entirely likely you have a problem and need to seek help.  If your job is so terrible that the only way you can cope with it is turning to drink then perhaps it's time to reassess that too.

It's more worrying that there *needs* to be a month people are encouraged to be sober really.  In the jobs I've had, after work drinks seem most common with office jobs, where the employees apparently work very little and get very stressed about it and need a little drinkypoo before they can cope with the weekend of terrible television they intend to watch.  If you struggle to be sober for a month and only try it at the behest of a charity drive thing then it's entirely likely you have a problem and need to seek help.  If your job is so terrible that the only way you can cope with it is turning to drink then perhaps it's time to reassess that too.

I have worked in a couple of places (neither were offices) where stress levels were generally high- very high for pretty much all staff. I know of quite a few who went home and the first thing they did was pour a drink. I even know of a couple who would drink before work to get through the day. Whilst it wasn't normal it wasn't unusual either. It was just seen as a 'coping' strategy by some. I found it quite scary but some of the people had been what I would term 'effective alcoholics' for years, they still functioned perfectly well but must have had high levels of alcohol almost permanently. One guy was averaging 6-8 pints between 5-7pm EVERY night. I wouldn't be able to stand if I played that game. Mind you he is diabetic now and is a complete twat.

Hey, some of us can just get royally pissed on a Saturday night and go a week or more before the next round.