What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just heard an american police official being interviewed about the West Virginia floods.

" Our worst problem is the high water"

Many years ago, I was a bit the worse for wear at the Glastonbury Festival and we were having great difficulty lighting a fire.

We were there for ages, with kindling, firelighters but still couldn't get it going.

It was getting really cold and we were getting quite desperate in our attempts to get it lit when I suddenly figured out what we had been doing wrong.

It was simple, so simple I couldn't believe they hadn't thought to do it but it was the one thing we had forgotten to do:

"Lads, lads, what we need to do is cover the wood in flames"

Say no to drugs kids.

I lost my bank card at the weekend - I discovered this as I stood at the checkout on sunday evening looking like a bit of a tit :(

why is this in the grin thread ? because the last time I used it was in the same shop the previous day and I'd left it in the chipnpin reader when I excitedly paid for saturday nights beers - the nice lady on the customer service desk had it safely locked in a drawer (with about forty other cards, apparently just from that weekend)

I just went on the MOT checker to see whether there were any advisories on the TR7's MOT (There weren't).Then out of curiosity did a search on my old Spitfire, the first car I bought with my own money after I started work. I last saw it a few years ago, still down in west Wales looking pretty ropey. I'm pleased to see that it is MOT'd until December so it's still about.

Not a grin, more of a WTF dream I had last night

I was driving the 75 to work as usual, but on getting to the lights I decided to get out and let it roll to the next junction in order to save petrol. Instead it headed off by itself all the way up the A38. So I then had to go to Exeter to collect it from the police compound, who were totally fine with it and had resprayed the scuff on the rear bumper.

Erm..............yeah

I now have luminous YELLOW hair and beard! Was bored, I know a hairdresser (I do own an MX5 after all :) ) and so an idea was born.

Yes, I do look a complete prat.

Yes, I will regret it in the morning.

:)

Put some pictures up so we can see

Have a massively overdue week off next week, can't wait, but predictably this week is taking its sweet time to pass me by

Retro Show at the weekend, return to the scene of the Granada's first FTP and 12 hour wait for the AA, kind of a shakedown run for next weeks trip down to Fairford for RIAT - All in all, a damn good week lined up

Grump - Weather forecast looks like the following -

Saturday Rain

Sunday Rain

Monday Rain

Tuesday Rain

Wednesday Rain

Thursday Rain

Friday Rain

Saturday Thunderstrorms

Hoping the iOS weather app has got things terribly wrong..

Welded the rear sill on a friends Honda CRV that was made of rust while he was on fire watch, afterwards he came round with a new angle grinder and an extension lead as there was a lot of changing discs and un plugging and moving the lead while making the repair piece.

Plus point was he showed pictures of the panel welded in to his MOT tester who was impressed with the welding. :)

£283 per year fully comp on the Bentley, normal policy (not classic so I get 'market value') is pretty bloody good.  I was expecting trials and tribulations when doing the change to a new company (when I did the Mazda, they wanted everything including an access code from DVLA for my licence and a copy of my OTHER cars log book to prove I had two...) but no, straight forward, paid, they checked my proof of NCD online and all done. General Accident.

£283 per year fully comp on the Bentley, normal policy (not classic so I get 'market value') is pretty bloody good. I was expecting trials and tribulations when doing the change to a new company (when I did the Mazda, they wanted everything including an access code from DVLA for my licence and a copy of my OTHER cars log book to prove I had two...) but no, straight forward, paid, they checked my proof of NCD online and all done. General Accident.

Don't crash. Aviva are cunts.

Vauxhall dealership win.

My Mum's 62 plate Corsa 1.2 recently limped home with what later transpired to be a faulty coil. She was then charged £180 + VAT for this to be rectified, despite still being the first owner and within the limits of Vauxhall's lifetime warranty. A letter written by me later and she has her money back. No more capitalising on little old ladies in Ripon.

Safely home from that there England, back home to peace and quiet and clear roads.

Raided Tescos of English delicacies so fridge and freezer are full of bacon, sausages,chedder and marmite.

The XM never missed a beat, not even a hint of frenchness. 36mpg over 1400 kilometres, not too bad considering most of it was in fuggin traffic jams.

Three days in Reading can go in the grumpy thread though.....

BC dog, looks meaningfully at the camera and indicates a degree of disappointment at receiving a fucking shitty fake bone thing for birthday.

RSPCA are investigating. 

Yeah, tight arsed bastard... I let Phoebe and Chester loose in 'Pets at Home' with my credit card between Phoebes teeth (couldn't do that with Chester - he'd eat it!) and the PIN taped to Chesters collar! Their birthday/Christmas presents take them three months to get through... wait, could that be why Chester is such a fat bastard?