What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Called into KwikFart on the way home this morning on the offchance they'd sort out my aircon. "No bor, mate, bring the wee motor roun' an' we''ll get 'er sorted".

All done in less than an hour. When I enquired as to whether they'd been successful, the chap replied "Aye, 'sworkin' dead on so it is. She'd fu.... flippin' skin ye. Quare job them wee Focusses."

They're getting better at speaking English in North Belfast. It's just going to take time.

Took the Cadillac to work this morning.  Just starting the engine in the alley made me smile, a V8 coming back at me off brick walls...

Had a delivery in Windermere (a grin in itself) and while there, saw and more importantly heard a Hurricane flying over the town, quite low. :)

Mixed grin here – unfortunate about the car on its roof that’s going to be drenched, but unless anyone else can make a better suggestion I think that passing car might be a Camry Sport:

image.jpg

From today’s EDP: http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/norfolk_floods_emergency_services_respond_to_hundreds_of_calls_as_flooding_causes_chaos_1_4590467

The only local Sport I know of is this one:

23004225961_7c532ba828_c.jpg

1998 Toyota Camry 2.2 Sport Auto by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

The hint of chrome above the front grille seems to match the rear plate surround (both non-standard I think).

I know, I know...

Winding up the hon member for Lichfield on Twatter is childish and I should stop.

#putawigonit

;)

Please don't stop, the rug deserves it. Pincher is similar pot of toss, I find wasting his time via email entertaining as he is duty bound to reply in writing to even a simple question. It's the small things in life that make it worth it.

Mot'd a triumph vitesse this morning,gave the car a few advisories

nearside front outer Track rod end ball joint has slight play (2.2.B.1f)

offside front outer Track rod end ball joint has slight play (2.2.B.1f)

nearside front Body has slight corrosion Seat belt anchorage point (6.1.B.2)

nearside rear outer Suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)

offside rear outer Suspension arm has slight play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.2)

Rodent living in engine bay

Work have requested I go back to Ireland again, this time to visit all of the offices (mainly Belfast & Dublin) so that's my summer holiday sorted ;)

I am trying to get a trip to our Dublin office to coincide with a free weekend so I can go back up the Antrim coast and get some more Bushmills.

The panda Hp sauce is now road legal for the first time in my owner ship . It's true they are fun to drive . I was flying along revving the nuts off it thinking I must be doing like 80mph. Looked down , 62mph. It does feel much faster than I think it is.

One weird problem is after about 10 miles the the clutch pedal starts squeaking and the pedal doesn't return as fast as you can lift your foot . Eventually the pedal is stuck to the floor but if you ping it up with your foot it will popup. Pretty weird. The pedal goes straight into the clutch master so I guess this could be goosed. The fluid looks rank too.

again in a world dominated with doom and gloom, while this story i the press isn't something to smile about, given the tragedy that this couple have suffered, but instead it does show that there are some decent people on this planet.

yes i know that this is off of the daily hate mail, but give it a look.

and yes, i smiled while reading it, with a tear in my eye at the same time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3661057/Mother-desperate-stock-blanket-wrapped-stillborn-baby-moved-tears-kind-hearted-Tesco-staff-hand-deliver-door-bunch-flowers.html

again in a world dominated with doom and gloom, while this story i the press isn't something to smile about, given the tragedy that this couple have suffered, but instead it does show that there are some decent people on this planet.

yes i know that this is off of the daily hate mail, but give it a look.

and yes, i smiled while reading it, with a tear in my eye at the same time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3661057/Mother-desperate-stock-blanket-wrapped-stillborn-baby-moved-tears-kind-hearted-Tesco-staff-hand-deliver-door-bunch-flowers.html

That is heartwarming, what a fantastic gesture in a world full of hate and anger

Today I had to get someone to bump start the ZX down the hill I live on, as the cheap battery the previous owner purchased has more or less died.

Why a grin you ask?

About 5 hours later, someone in an M reg 106 had to do the same. I have never seen it happen here before, but today two 20 year old Frenchies managed it. Good, dependable things.